The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabelita
Do You Have Any Pics Of His Wedding Day. I Guess His Wife Wear A Dress That Looks Like Princess´s Margaret.
All wedding threads are in the Old, New, Royal and Blue Forum. The Linley Wedding thread can be found here.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
You are welcome, Bella :)
Their son Charles had his 7th birthday last week (he was born on July 2, 1999) and their daughter Margarita Elizabeth was born on May 14, 2002, so she's 4 now. The text of the pictures does not say that the children are their children, but it's possible, I would say :)
The little boy is definitely Charles. He looks the exact same as earlier, formally identified pics, of their son. Since the only part of the girl that's visible is the back of her head, I can't be positive about her being MArgarita, but the hair color matches Margarita's hair color at Trooping the Colour, and Serena seems to be picking her up, so I'd say it's a safe guess.

Old 07-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

After all the recent attention given to the auction of Princess Margaret's belongings, I came to think about something that I would like to ask if any of you know...

When Princess Margaret transferred the ownership of her holiday home, Les Jolies Eaux on Mustique (in the late 90's I think, maybe 98/99 or so), Viscount Linley sold it and bought castle in France, Château d'Autet or something like that I think it was named. Does anyone know if he and his family still owns it and uses it? Do they go there for holidays every year?
Old 07-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

PORT ELLEN, SCOTLAND - JULY 21: Viscount David Linley and Charles Armstrong-Jones arrive to embark on the Hebridean Princess at Port Ellen for a week-long cruise around the Western Isles to celebrate the Queen's 80th birthday on July 21, 2006 in the Isle of Islay. (Photo by POOL/ Tim Graham Picture Library/Getty Images)

Old 07-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Nobility

Are they accompanied by the nanny Jessie Webb who used to care for William and Harry (the lady seen over the left shoulder of Serena and Sarah?....that lady sure resembles her anyway). Do you know who she works for, Sarah or David or another royal?
Old 07-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, I believe that is Jessie Webb but I dont' know who she works for.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Commoner

...And who is that lady with the child, between Peter and Autumn ?
Old 07-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Aristocracy

What an interesting series of photos! Imagine a week long cruise with your
relatives! Interesting concept.:)
Old 07-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by flora
...And who is that lady with the child, between Peter and Autumn ?
The woman in the brownish suit is Serena Linley.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Royal Highness

It's nice to see David and Sarah with both of their families. I hope that there was no truth to the rumor that the auction had caused some strain in their relationship.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

I do have two additions to the pics I posted from July 9, 2006, the 12th Cartier Style Et Luxe Competition lunch they all attended. Margarita looks soooo cute, I hope you enjoy as well :)

(HELLO)
Old 07-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Serene Highness

Great pictures, Iceflower! So there will be a third generation of Snowden photoraphers! You are right, little Margarita is adorable. A little bit shy it seems, too.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Nobility

In Iceflower's posting 103 with the lovely pictures of the Linleys getting on the Hebridean Princess - there is a mistake in the caption!

The Isle of Islay is not in England - it is in Scotland. Both countries are part of Britain or the UK, but they are definitely separate! It is like mentioning that Dresden is in Bavaria when you mean Germany.

Sorry - pet hobbyhorse!!!

By the way, the Royal Family always used to go cruising round the north of Scotland every summer as a precurser to their stay at Balmoral. However, when the Labour Government came to power they took the Royal Yacht Britannia away. (It is now a tourist attraction at Leith, the port of Edinburgh). It was a very sad day for the Royal Family, the Queen in particular, and she is on video shedding a tear at the decomissioning ceremony. So now as a special 80th Birthday treat, she has to hire a small cruise ship.

When I lived in Caithness, in the north of Scotland, we used to see the Royal Yacht come into Scrabster Bay, and various members of the Royal Family would come ashore to be greeted by the Queen Mother, and go and spend some time at the Castle of Mey with her, before continuing on round the coast to Aberdeen, and Balmoral.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella
Great pictures, Iceflower! So there will be a third generation of Snowden photoraphers! You are right, little Margarita is adorable. A little bit shy it seems, too.
Bella, I had not thought of that photographer fact before, great idea you had in mind!!! :) :) Margarita's shyness makes her even cuter in my eyes, I think she's not that used to have that many unknown photographers around her..

Alison20, thank you for telling us about the Isle of Islay, I had simply copied the caption, not thinking about any possible mistakes, Getty could have made.. :)
Old 07-28-2006, 03:39 AM
Courtier

Margarita is adorable. She looks so much like her mother. Its a shame we dont get to see mny picures of her.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, I think Margarita looks like her mother and Charles is the spitting image of his father.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Here is a portrait of Lord Linley, I think it was taken in 2000:

(HELLO)
Old 08-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks, Iceflower. He's not really a very attractive man in the conventional sense, but, like Charles, there's something attractive about his looks. He's always dressed impeccably well, too.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:33 PM
Royal Highness

Linley daughter clings on for dear life during rush hour school ride

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...#StartComments

How irresponsible of him....
Old 09-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
When Princess Margaret transferred the ownership of her holiday home, Les Jolies Eaux on Mustique (in the late 90's I think, maybe 98/99 or so), Viscount Linley sold it and bought castle in France, Château d'Autet or something like that I think it was named. Does anyone know if he and his family still owns it and uses it? Do they go there for holidays every year?
Finally found an answer for you. They do still have a home in France. David gave an interview in The Times where he talks about it.

Tags
charles armstrong-jones, margarita armstrong-jones, viscount linley, viscountess linley