Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 22: August 2010-June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful appearance, with that great colour and the wonderful brooch,
I feel we haven't seen her enough during the last months, of course the
summer break, but seeing these pics, I notice how I've missed her :)

The gettyimages gallery without watermarks:

** Queen Elizabeth Names New Cunard Vessel - Ceremony **

Today, October 12, the Queen received His Excellency the Ambassador of Finland,
Pekka Huhtaniemi (1), Her Excellency the Ambassador of Sweden, Nicola Clase (2)
and His Excellency Anthony Johnson, High Commissioner of Jamaica for the UK
with his wife (3) during private audiences at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:

:D The Queen will be amused I guess ;)

Today, October 13, the Queen attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham
Palace and offered private audiences again, the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta,
Canada, the Honourable Donald S Ethell has been one of the guests.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

Has Russo pointed out...I am sure HM doesn't care that Lady Gaga outranks her. Fame is fleeting but HM will be remembered long after Lady Gaga's career has come and gone.

Don't get me wrong...I like her music but she needs to evolve with the times.

But back on topic....How great does the Queen look. I love love that brooch! And the smile of course.

Thanks for those marvellous pictures !! I nearly missed the whole affair due to my house move :))

How does the Queen do it ?? She performs effortlessly and seems to become more gracious, the older she gets.

Good genes, good diet and a couple of gin and tonics thrown in for good measure. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Elizabeth II to visit UAE, Oman - The Knowledge News - TimeOutDubai.com

Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II will visit the UAE and Oman in November, Buckingham Palace has said.
The official state visit will be to Abu Dhabi on November 24 and 25 and to Muscat between November 24 and 28, according to an official statement.
The visit has been arranged following invitations from His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed al Nahyan and His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said.
This will be the second visit by The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh to the UAE and Oman, the statement said.

Last edited by a moderator:

A great week for new pics of the Queen, today she was pictured again!

The Ambassador of Turkey Mr Ahmet Unal Cevikoz and the Ambassador of
Swaziland Mrs Dumsile Thandi Sukati were received in private audiences
today.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

It's not on the royal calender but apparently The Queen and David Cameron will meet the President of Chile today, and he has brought them a piece of rock from the mine.

It's not on the royal calender but apparently The Queen and David Cameron will meet the President of Chile today, and he has brought them a piece of rock from the mine.

I hope its a sparkly rock. South America is fantastic for its wealth of unique gemstones.

I doubt that the rescued chilenean workers brought sparkly rocks with them... ;)

I hope its a sparkly rock. South America is fantastic for its wealth of unique gemstones.

Not so sparkly, it's a rock from the mine they were trapped in. :)

Not so sparkly, it's a rock from the mine they were trapped in. :)

That's a somber thing to keep. Living in a state where we've had our share of miners trapped and some rescued and some not so lucky. I hope that the rock serves to promote more safety in the mines and for the miners.

My intention was not to be flippant here. I was aware of the disaster but the big news here was how one rescued miner was greeted by both his wife and mistress.

Queen Elizabeth II gets a piece of Chile's national pride – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Judging purely by appearances, the gift from Chile's president to Elizabeth II did not seem fit for a queen.

He gave the monarch a rock. But it was not just any rock. The stone that President Sebastian Piñera brought all the way from Chile to Buckingham Palace was from the bottom of the San Jose mine, once the underground prison of 33 miners and now a symbol of Chilean national pride.

Nice to see Chile's Head of State dressed in presidential clothing, rather than his trademark white helmet !

Today, October 19, the Queen received His Excellency the Ambassador of
Sudan, Mr Abdullahi Hamad Ali Alazreg and His Excellency the Ambassador
of Switzerland, Mr Anton Thalmannduring at Buckingham Palace.

A week of light/white shades after a blue one? ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Setting the record straight

Rocks were brought up from the mine by one of the miner's himself. I feel they should be viewed not only as a reminder of mining safety, but also what humans are capable of. As such, it should be considered an appropriate gift for a monarch.

Also, the one rescued miner mentioned by Osipi was actually only greeted by his mistress, Chile miners rescue: miner asks wife and mistress to greet him - Telegraph. His wife declined his invitation to greet him.

Nice to see Chile's Head of State dressed in presidential clothing, rather than his trademark white helmet !
I haven't any criticism to level at Chile's President. He and his wife stayed with the miners until each and every one of them were rescued. And then they sang their national anthem. He was very presidental that day, white helmet and all, and this day he met HM, he was equally as presidental.

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh at the headquarters of UTV (Ulster
Television) where they launched UTV's new High Definition television channel,
during their tour of the studios in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Thursday, October
21, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/daylife **

** u.tv: Royal visit for UTV HD launch ** picture gallery **

** bbc.co.uk: Queen and Duke on Northern Ireland visit **

The Queen also met with Northern Ireland First Minister Peter Robinson and attended
a reception for Action for Children at Hillsborough Castle, in Belfast yesterday.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Last edited:
Queen's favourite Malvern Water axed by Coca-Cola after orders dry up | Mail Online

It has been enjoyed by royalty for centuries and is the only brand served at the Queen’s castles and palaces.
But in a few days’ time, the final batch of Malvern Water will be bottled and its production plant in the town shut down.
Coca-Cola, the brand’s owner, said today that output was too low for it to keep the site open and it will be sold off for luxury housing. Seventeen workers face redundancy.

:previous:

The Press Association: Queen and Duke tour Coca-Cola plant

The Queen has toured a Coca-Cola plant on the final day of her visit to Northern Ireland.

She opened a visitor centre at the site, near Belfast. The monarch was accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, who was presented with a solid crystal replica of a Coca-Cola bottle.

Pretty funny that she toured a Coca Cola Factory after they cut her favorite water! Oh the irony! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom