Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 20: March-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that has been more than just "rainy" .. Thanks for the
article link, Skydragon! Fortunately there were some sunny
moments as well, here are some additional pics from the
garden party:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Pics 9.7.2009

Queen Elizabeth II receives the incoming Poet Laureate Professor
Carol Ann Duffy and confers the honour of Knighthood to Sir Donald
McKinnon, inside Buckingham Palace in London, July 9, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio gallery **

Last edited:
can you give us a translation please princepessa ??
your article sound intersting !

I find this group's claim hard to believe. Not because I know anything about The Queen's feelings about homosexuality, but because HM is generally so careful not to express an opinion on controversial or potentially divisive issues.

I can't read the article, but "supports a religious Anti-Homosexuality-Group" may really mean nothing more than "holds the conservative Anglican view that practising homosexuals should not be ordained as priests and that same-sex unions should not be blessed". If this were the case it would not surprise me at all, but I have no way of knowing for sure what HM thinks on the issue, and I doubt she would have expressed them to anyone who is likely to blab to the media.

Thanks for the links, wbenson -- it does sound as if some creative quoting may be happening.

The Duke of Edinburgh, in his role as Colonel-in-Chief, views a new
memorial in honour of the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire, 9 July 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Queen has joined Twitter!!! (Sort of) The Royal Household has set up a twitter account which will apprently act more like a news service with updates on what the Royal Family are doing.
TheBritishMonarchy (BritishMonarchy) on Twitter

:lol: It would be much more fun if we could expect tweets like, "Oh goodness! We were chatting about shoes and I leant forward and put my arm around her for balance, then she put hers around me! I nearly jumped out of my skin."

At most, she has said that she "understands their concerns" which is a long way off from supporting them. And the account of her writing that she understands their concerns is in dispute by some.

Thats just what I think, they are twisting her Majesties words to support their own ideas and gain publicity. :nonono::nonono:

The Queen has joined Twitter!!! (Sort of) The Royal Household has set up a twitter account which will apprently act more like a news service with updates on what the Royal Family are doing.
TheBritishMonarchy (BritishMonarchy) on Twitter

Hardly surprising but I really wish they hadn't to be honest, I understand a modern monarchy but twitter. :whistling::whistling:

Pics 14.7.2009

Sir Carlyle Glean Governor-General of Grenada is knighted by
Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace, July 14, 2009 .

I like the pic of the Queen sitting as it has something private
in some way.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Those look like legs that have been stood around on a lot.

Sir Carlyle Glean Governor-General of Grenada is knighted by
Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace, July 14, 2009 .

I like the pic of the Queen sitting as it has something private
in some way.

Princess Aleaxandra and the Michaels of Kent were also there. Are there no pics of them?

Pics 15.7.2009

I haven't seen any pics of them attending, angela.

Cyclist Jamie Staff from Stockport is made an MBE by
Queen Elizabeth II for services to sport at Buckingham
Palace, London, 15 July , 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yes, absolutely. I couldn't stand erect and still like the Queen can when I was half her age!:flowers:
She doesn't just stand about either at the Garden Parties, she seems to be constantly on the move lets hope she gets more than the itsy bitsy sandwiches and fancies!:ROFLMAO:

Yes, and a good cup of tea!:flowers:

She doesn't just stand about either at the Garden Parties, she seems to be constantly on the move lets hope she gets more than the itsy bitsy sandwiches and fancies!:ROFLMAO:

Now, Titch has been granted an interview with The Duke of Edinburgh for All the Queen's Horses, which will be screened by ITV on Sunday. In it, the Duke, 88, talks about his passion for carriage driving. "If you have a common interest, nobody cares a damn where you come from or who you are," he says.
It looks to be a very interesting programme.:flowers:

Pics 16.7.2009

Dr M Sayeedur Rahman Khan High Commissioner for Bangladesh
and Mr Jean Willybiro Sako Ambassador of the Central African
Republic (pic 3) present their credentials to Queen Elizabeth II
at Buckingham Palace London, July 16, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom