The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 03:57 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles at the Cartier International 2008, Guards Polo Club, Winsdor
July 27

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected ()

Old 07-28-2008, 04:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you for the pictures milla Ca.

Here is an article from The Mail to go with them.

It was an ultra-posh occasion, so she thought it best to wear gloves.

But since the day promised to be ultra-hot as well, Kelly Brook decided to leave something else bare

Kelly Brook and Prince Charles: The two faces of Cartier Polo | Mail Online

Old 07-28-2008, 04:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Prince Charles at the Cartier International 2008, Guards Polo Club, Winsdor
July 27

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected ()
Bit of a worry where the "i" in Getty Images is placed . . . . it looks like Charles has a ciggy in his mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Here's one in the eye for all those uptight not-so-very Civil Servant's who would have our next King so uptight and stuffy that he reeks of mothballs!

Love his class, love his style, and you have definitely got to love that car!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

More pics from IBL
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
Old 07-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

HRH looked SMASHING!! I was hoping Dita Von Teese would have a little more 40's look to her. Bit disappointed with that.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Nobility

He looks like James Bond (from the 60s)
Old 07-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
HRH looked SMASHING!! I was hoping Dita Von Teese would have a little more 40's look to her. Bit disappointed with that.
Talking of Dita Von Teese -

Prince Charles invited burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese to Prince Harry's 24th birthday party, say reports

Showbiz - News - Von Teese invited to Prince Harry bash? - Digital Spy
Old 07-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm..., she started her career in the BDSM-scene as a Bondage model, as I learned when she was invited to teach the candidates on the TV-show Germany's Next Topmodel about how to pose sexy. Talk about times that are A-changing....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

She's not raunchy, Her stage act is a LOT better than some Madonna concerts!! And she dresses better as well! But no, that's NOT appropriate for HRH birthday.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like Dita von Teese. She's very classy. A lot of people would take the routine that she does and make it completely lewd and crass, but she injects a lot of that old-school glamour and sex-appeal into it. And I love how she dresses. She's said she doesn't even own a pair of jeans. It takes a lot to dress like it's 1947 every day!
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 07-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Aristocracy

I rather suspect this story is simply a publicity stunt for Ms. Von Teese. Firstly I can't uimagine that Prince Harry would allow his father to organise his 24th birthday party for him. Surely he'll decide for himself whom to invite? 2ndly Prince Charles wasn't accompanied by any aides only his personal detective. And finally I certainly can't see Charles gnawing his fist in embarrassment - even metaphorically - he's more likely to have laughed it off.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's more on the story:
Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Prince Charles accidentally booked Dita Von Teese for Prince Harry’s birthday

I like Dita as well. I think she's fun and I love her clothes! Compared to some of the crap--IMO--that people wear today, the old is new look I rather fancy!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

The North Highland Initiative

A NEW arts initiative in the Far North is being launched on Monday by Prince Charles, the Duke of Rothesay.
It will herald the start of a year-round programme of cultural events being staged throughout the area.

Prince Charles to launch North arts initiative - John O'Groat Journal and Caithness Courier

Prince Charles has praised the Daily Mirror's Pride of Britain Awards for celebrating the "selfless".

A salute to the selfless: Prince Charles backs Daily Mirror's Pride of Britain Awards - mirror.co.uk
Old 08-03-2008, 08:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

MEY Selections, the Caithness-based food brand inspired by Prince Charles, is to supply its oatcakes, conserves, preserves, honey and shortbread to all Sainsbury's stores in Scotland

http://business.scotsman.com/busines...ty-.4352263.jp
Old 08-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Royal Highness

Freedom honour for Prince Charles
August 4

Prince Charles has said he was "flattered" after receiving the Freedom of Caithness

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Highlands and Islands | Freedom honour for Prince Charles

Prince Charles is praying for Adrian
August 4

THE Prince of Wales has said he is praying for campaigning leukaemia sufferer Adrian Sudbury.

Prince Charles is praying for Adrian - Huddersfield Examiner
Old 08-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

I´m looking for some pics of this nice event today .... but nothing....so far...

Prince Charles meets Territorial Army stalwarts
August 3

First day of royal break in Caithness is spent celebrating TA Centenary

Prince Charles meets Territorial Army stalwarts - Press & Journal
Old 08-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I´m looking for some pics of this nice event today .... but nothing....so far...
His award ceremony was covered on STV, quite a long piece but I cannot find it for you on their site!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:03 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you Skydragon, i saw this morning a (3 second) report on German breakfast tv...better than nothing....

The Prince of Wales has paid a moving tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, saying he wished he was still able to "ring her up".

Prince Charles pays moving tribute to the Queen Mother - Telegraph

Scotland in Brief - Times Online
Old 08-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Mey Games bigger draw for Prince than Olympics
August 4

Scotland in Brief - Times Online
Yes, The Mey Games is a bigger draw for us, as well as the people in the holiday cottages in the area, is that a problem, does that make us newsworthy?
Old 08-06-2008, 04:40 AM
Royal Highness

Prince breathes new life into Highland arts
August 5

In the first success story for a new Caithness cultural regeneration project, a 20-year-old singer from the remote town of Wick is to take up a place at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow.

Prince breathes new life into Highland arts - Times Online

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales