The Prince of Wales Current Events 9: April-October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Skydragon. I was suffering from brain fade. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
AN exciting project saw youngsters from all over Burnley working together to create special artwork with the backing of Prince Charles

Art project has come to fruition - Burnley Express

The Prince of Wales says the UK will be in a very bad way if links between family farms and the management of landscape are lost.

Prince Charles champions family farms in Wales

Campaigners fighting the closure of a Carmarthenshire post office near Prince Charles's rural Wales retreat are writing to him for support

BBC NEWS | Wales | Mid Wales | Prince urged to save post office

Last edited:
Pics from mediumphoto
Prince Charles attends a memorial service dedicated to the 102 UK servicemen and women killed on duty during 2007, June 28 2008.
MediumPhoto

The Prince of Wales's private income rose by 7% to more than £16m last year, Clarence House accounts show.

BBC NEWS | UK | Prince Charles's income up by 7%

The Prince of Wales's income from the Duchy of Cornwall soared by £1.1 million last year to £16.3 million but he paid less income tax

Prince Charles paid less tax despite £1m income rise - Telegraph

The Prince of Wales's private income rose by 7 per cent to more £16 million last year, Clarence House accounts showed today

Prince Charles' income rises to £16m - but his taxes drop by £5,000, private accounts show | Mail Online

The Prince of Wales's income from the Duchy of Cornwall soared by £1.1 million last year to £16.3m.
£16.3m = Australian $34.1m, NZ $42.9m, US $32.5m, Canadian $33.1m, Euro €20.6m.

£16.3m = Australian $34.1m, NZ $42.9m, US $32.5m, Canadian $33.1m, Euro €20.6m.

What the press don't say is that the £16million is before the prince has paid the 117 official staff (whose salary & pension costs + computer/stationary etc is about £8million, then he paid tax at 40% on that then he pays for the c.30 personal staff - gardeners, chefs + Princes William & Harry's staff etc. By my reckoning the amount of money he actually gets is c.£2.5-3.million.

prince of wales income a question and an idea

Why doesn't the POW or the Duchy of Cornwall pay capital gains or corporation taxes??

Also, in the comments section of the Mail-people keep saying that the POW should pay for the repairs on the castles. I am not a UK citizen but that doesn't make sense to me-these are public properties and used for state events so it seems the government should pay for the repairs. If the POW paid for the repairs it should be as part of a charitable foundation"preserve our castle heritage". That way anyone could donate and have a tax deduction.
Just an idea.

Pics 2.7.2008

Prince Charles at the Service of Celebration to mark the 60th
anniversary of The National Health Service, Westminster Abbey,
London, Britain - 02 Jul 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Why doesn't the POW or the Duchy of Cornwall pay capital gains or corporation taxes??

Also, in the comments section of the Mail-people keep saying that the POW should pay for the repairs on the castles. I am not a UK citizen but that doesn't make sense to me-these are public properties and used for state events so it seems the government should pay for the repairs. If the POW paid for the repairs it should be as part of a charitable foundation"preserve our castle heritage". That way anyone could donate and have a tax deduction.
Just an idea.

I'm not sure what the tax position is in USA but in UK you can either be taxed as an individual or as a corporation - not both. As the top rate of personal taxation (which is what Prince Charles pays) is about double the rate of corporation tax the government's Treasury dept obviously prefers him to pay individual tax!:lol:

Some companies owned by the Duchy do pay Corporation Tax - Duchy Originals would be an example.

Because Charles pays (income) tax on the surplus generated by The Duchy, if he paid Corporation Tax as well, he would effectively be paying tax twice on the same income.

He doesn't pay capital gains tax on The Duchy because he does not receive the capital gains, he is only entitled to the income. He does I believe pay Capital Gains on other investments. :flowers:

Last edited:
thanks for sharing the link, Skydragon.

I have just finished it. A long but very heart felt speech and the prince certainly has very good memories. Enjoy what he said, he takes 40 years to find a suitable base in Wales, but he has it now.....

Pics 3.7.2008

Pop singer Kylie Minogue receives an OBE from the Prince of Wales
for services to music at Buckingham Palace London, July 3, 2008
I wonder who asked for the last pic - the Beefeaters themselves?! ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

For goodness sake, there must be waste wine as there is waste Whisky, Butter, Milk etc. They make themselves sound a prissy bunch, but it got them some publicity!:D

Our Kylie's proudest moment. :ausflag:

Note her double-hands-on gesture with the POW in the Mail's first pic. Sweet. :)

Prince of Wales pays Duchess of Cornwall's sister £103,000

04/07/2008
The Prince of Wales last year paid the Duchess of Cornwall's sister £103,000 for interior design work.
Annabel Elliot was employed to carry out work on the Prince of Wales's new home in Wales, Llwywormwood, which he bought in 2006 for more than £1 million.

Prince of Wales pays Duchess of Cornwall's sister £103,000 - Telegraph

Prince of Wales pays Duchess of Cornwall's sister £103,000

The Prince of Wales last year paid the Duchess of Cornwall's sister £103,000 for interior design work.

Prince of Wales pays Duchess of Cornwall's sister £103,000 - Telegraph
Thank you milla Ca, :flowers:. How I loath misleading, inflammatory headlines and where most people won't bother to read the story, (A crime I have been known to commit):D

The story goes on to say
The Prince's office said that the £103,000 fees included buying materials for the properties Mrs Elliot had worked on. "In her actual pocket she received £26,000," said the spokeswoman
.Which to me is an absolute bargain! :flowers:

Shabana Azmi to meet Prince Charles on charity issues
Shabana Azmi to meet Prince Charles on charity issues

New Delhi, July 12 (PTI) Known for her penchant for social issues, veteran actress Shabana Azmi who is visiting the United Kingdom to meet Prince Charles, will recommend the British royal to extend his charity programmes to resolve urban and health problems in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom