The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
As a vociferous cheerleader for the environment and certain types of classical architecture, Prince Charles has never been afraid of a challenge.

Charles takes on China to save Ming dynasty houses from Beijing's concrete carbuncles | Environment | The Guardian

They are names that evoke sun- drenched orchards lost in the mists of time... Bloody Ploughman, Forty Shillings and Duck's Bill.
But apples such as these, long absent from our fruit bowls, could be making a comeback - thanks to Prince Charles.

Royal to the core: Charles aims to rescue long-lost apple varieties| News | This is London

I guess that's what I like about Prince Charles: he's never been afraid of challange and always went for what he thought was right.
Thank you for posting the articles, Skydragon!

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

"I'll have a bag of Duck's Bills, please, and maybe a couple of pounds of Bloody Ploughmans." Sounds appetising, doesn't it?

Old 06-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles opens cancer unit
June 5

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Edinburgh, East and Fife | Prince Charles opens cancer unit
Old 06-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
"I'll have a bag of Duck's Bills, please, and maybe a couple of pounds of Bloody Ploughmans." Sounds appetising, doesn't it?
Sounds like something out of Harry Potter!
Old 06-06-2008, 04:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
They may not sound appetising, but some of the older varieties are scrumptious!
Old 06-07-2008, 05:39 AM
Royal Highness

House saved for nation opens its doors
June 7

PRINCE Charles beamed with pride yesterday as he joined Alex Salmond, the First Minister, at the unveiling of a stunning stately home in Scotland he has helped to preserve for the nation.

House saved for nation opens its doors - Scotsman.com News
Old 06-07-2008, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
PRINCE Charles beamed with pride yesterday

House saved for nation opens its doors - Scotsman.com News
As he had every right to do, without Charles this house would have been sold to the highest bidder and the contents scattered across the world! Thank you Charles!
-------------------
A group of travellers has moved onto land in the Prince of Wales's model village in Dorset

Travellers move into Poundbury, Prince Charles's model village - Telegraph

They are a major problem for anyone with land, including councils!

The Prince of Wales has marked World Environment Day by renewing his call for global action to stop the destruction of the tropical rainforests.

The Prince of Wales - The Prince's Rainforests Project launch a new website
Old 06-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales will finally pay off a family debt dating back more than 350 years on a visit to Worcester

BBC NEWS | England | Hereford/Worcs | Prince will finally pay off debt

Old 06-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks so much for the article Skydragon. I really admire the Prince of Wales for his support of these little moments of whimsy that recall a specific time in history and make it a little more alive, a little more real.

Not surprised that he's not paying the interest 'though. I mean there is real and then their is real!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Since the debt was owed by a member of the Stuart dynasty, shouldn't it be the Duke of Bavaria's responsibility to settle up?
Old 06-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Since the debt was owed by a member of the Stuart dynasty, shouldn't it be the Duke of Bavaria's responsibility to settle up?
You are just being a troublemaker!

Quote:
"I suspect that it will not have escaped your notice, however, I am resisting the immense temptation to pay the debt with full interest. I was not born yesterday.
Prince Charles Pays 350-Year-Old Debt - Yahoo! News UK
Old 06-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

That's a hoot!
HRH certainly has a good sense of humor!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Prince of Wales left talks to community volunteer workers from Norfolk during a reception for the Hope 08 initiative at Clarence House in central London 12-06-2008.
MediumPhoto
Old 06-13-2008, 12:44 AM
Gentry

Revealed: The story behind the shock resignation of Prince Charles's private secretary 'Miss Nannypenny'

Quote:
For years everyone has known she was a favourite of Prince Charles, but yesterday it emerged that Elizabeth Buchanan, his private secretary, is resigning...
Old 06-13-2008, 04:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Guess what, it is Camilla's fault again, not the boring fact that Elizabeth wants to run her deceased fathers organic farm.
-----------------------------
A BEVERLEY soldier honoured for his service in Iraq has been presented with the Military Cross by Prince Charles

Beverley soldier receives his Military Cross at Palace - Driffield Post
Quote:
He was very well informed and seemed genuinely pleased that he was presenting the award
Old 06-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I don't think so as the duke is not descended from Charles II. but from the late Charles' sister who as French duchess of Orleans surely never had anything to do with this debt while this Charles' mother has after all the same position in the realm as Charles II. had when he became indebted.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Guess what, it is Camilla's fault again, not the boring fact that Elizabeth wants to run her deceased fathers organic farm.
From the Mail's article:

"It was largely with Elizabeth's guidance that he has polished his passions for country and farming issues." - Saying that they want us to believe that her wish to run her own farm is not at the basis of it all? I wonder just how "modest" this farm really is and if there aren't some positions in the agricultural world around that might interest Ms. Buchanan in addition? Maybe she simply sees this as a chance to make her own decisions and be her own mistress instead of a secretary - even to the Prince of Wales? Why always this spite?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

A more balanced, less vindictive take on the resignation -

Miss Buchanan, 46, is reportedly known as 'Miss Nannypenny' in the Royal household, for her fussy behaviour towards the Prince and she regularly appears in photographs with him

Prince Charles' private secretary Elizabeth Buchanan to resign - Telegraph
Quote:
A Clarence House spokesman added: "She needs to spend more time on her family farm with her elderly mother. She has decided she can't combine that with a full time job in London
Old 06-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Courtier

It is very understandable for Elizabeth to think about her life's new direction. Not only she would like to manage the farm after his father's death, but she would like to stay with her mother as long as she can. Moreover, since she is still single, trying to meet someone suitable then settling down is another possible option.

Only Daily Mail likes to mislead/misread all those netural information.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Why always this spite?
To sell papers. . . .

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales