The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Sorry, i thought some people here - expect of me - maybe want to read the information about the Prince´s operation.
But nobody should feel the pressure to read the article!
Gisela, I'm sorry, I didn't mean my comment as critizism on your posting the article - thank you very much for taking the time to C&P the link!

I just wanted to express that some things belong in the private sphere of somebody and that the Telegraph should not try to make a whole article from such a non-information. Especially with those attached links.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Royal Highness

Jo, I have to say that i understand your comment in a different way. But it´s okay for me now. I don´t want to make a big thing of it!
Thank you for your words (and more) too, Skydragon!

Charles's £30,000 full-time flower girl | Mail Online

(It´s the D.... Mail ( i would never forget...)and some parts of the article are reflecting the criticism the headline annouced, but some other parts are really nice and interesting..IMO)

Old 05-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Gisela, I'm sorry, I didn't mean my comment as critizism on your posting the article - thank you very much for taking the time to C&P the link!

I just wanted to express that some things belong in the private sphere of somebody and that the Telegraph should not try to make a whole article from such a non-information. Especially with those attached links.
I beg to differ. If it was cancer, the public needs to know. I am glad that it was taken care of, skin cancer (this is me, being a cancer survivor a yearly participant in the Susan G. Komen and ACS'S Relay for Life) has become very, very dangerous.
Though I am pleased it was taken care easily and effectively!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:42 PM

I love the pics of the couple with the Dalai Lama. He's amazing. I read many of his books. The best picture, him locking arms with the couple and walking to the house. Classic.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Aristocracy

The Dalai Lama and Prince Charles were probably talking about their methods in talking to plants.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
The Dalai Lama and Prince Charles were probably talking about their methods in talking to plants.
You never know! A lot of people thought he was a whack job when he went organic now look at us!
Old 05-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

The Prince of Wales attends the Science and Policy Event at the British Antarctic Survey HQ, Cambridge
May 27

Fotobanka isifa image service

The Prince looks good in orange, doesn´t he?
Old 05-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The Prince of Wales attends the Science and Policy Event at the British Antarctic Survey HQ, Cambridge
May 27

The Prince looks good in orange, doesn´t he?
Better than some, I have to say!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles in Cambridge, England - 27.05.08
BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 05-29-2008, 02:23 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles may pick up the baton at 60
May 29

Mandrake: Why Prince Charles may pick up the baton at 60 - Telegraph

Prince takes charities into cyberspace with ´Charlie´s Angels´site
May 28

Prince takes charities into cyberspace with ‘Charlie’s Angels’ site
Old 05-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Britain's Prince Charles discusses a traditional 'Welsh Lovespoon' worn by Welsh rugby-union player Alun Wyn Jones during a reception at Clarence House in London, on May 29, 2008.
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Old 05-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you giov. A little video and an article.
Wales' Grand Slam winning rugby squad were asked for fitness tips by Prince Charles at a reception held in their honour

BBC NEWS | Wales | Prince talks fitness with Wales

Wales’ RBS Six Nations-winning rugby squad met the Prince of Wales today at a reception held in their honour.
The team were undefeated in this year’s tournament, earning a Grand Slam victory in their final match against France

Wales' rugby heroes meet Prince Charles - icWales
Old 05-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the links Skydragon!
I like these two pics taken yesterday in Cambridge!
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
Old 05-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince Charles may pick up the baton at 60
May 29

Mandrake: Why Prince Charles may pick up the baton at 60 - Telegraph
That would be so cool to see! I hope they televise it!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
milla Ca, it was not meant as a criticism of you for posting the story.

Thank you for posting it.
The criticism was for the paper, it is such a minor procedure that not even a local anaesthetic was required and as with my husband, probably no stitches.
Here in Australia a lot of "spots" like that are "frozen" no cuts or stitches
Old 06-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

A PIONEERING new breast cancer research unit is to be officially opened this week by the charity's patron, Prince Charles.

The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Unit at the University of Edinburgh aims to improve breast cancer treatment and ensure that patients are treated in the most appropriate and effective way for their particular type of breast cancer.

Prince Charles to open breast cancer centre - Scotsman.com News
Old 06-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
A PIONEERING new breast cancer research unit is to be officially opened this week by the charity's patron, Prince Charles.

The Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Unit at the University of Edinburgh aims to improve breast cancer treatment and ensure that patients are treated in the most appropriate and effective way for their particular type of breast cancer.

Prince Charles to open breast cancer centre - Scotsman.com News
That is terrific!!
Old 06-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

They turned the clock back to a golden age yesterday when the doors swung open at Dumfries House.
For more than two centuries, the stately home had stood like a time capsule containing one of the world's most exquisite collections of furniture and artefacts

Pictured: The magnificent interior of stately home saved by Prince Charles | Mail Online

I know it's the Mail but......
Old 06-05-2008, 04:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles called for urgent action to combat deforestation as part of an effort to fight off the effects of climate change, in a comment piece published Thursday.

Prince Charles calls for more to be done on deforestation - Yahoo! News
Old 06-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

As a vociferous cheerleader for the environment and certain types of classical architecture, Prince Charles has never been afraid of a challenge.

Charles takes on China to save Ming dynasty houses from Beijing's concrete carbuncles | Environment | The Guardian

They are names that evoke sun- drenched orchards lost in the mists of time... Bloody Ploughman, Forty Shillings and Duck's Bill.
But apples such as these, long absent from our fruit bowls, could be making a comeback - thanks to Prince Charles.

Royal to the core: Charles aims to rescue long-lost apple varieties| News | This is London

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales