The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Prince decides to avoid Dalai Lama during visit
March 19

To the relief, no doubt, of Gordon Brown, the Prince of Wales has taken the difficult decision not to receive the Dalai Lama when he visits London in May. "He has no plans to do so," his spokesman, Paddy Harverson, confirms.

Mandrake - Telegraph
I wonder what is true?

Prince Charles to meet Dalai Lama
March 19

The Prince of Wales is to meet the Dalai Lama when he visits Britain in May, the Prince's spokesman has said.

The Press Association: Prince Charles to meet Dalai Lama

Old 03-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I wonder what is true?

March 19

The Prince of Wales is to meet the Dalai Lama when he visits Britain in May, the Prince's spokesman has said.

The Telegraph got it wrong. It was announced on Wednesday, in PM's questions that Brown was going to meet the Dalai Lama, whereas the Telegraph was telling us all that Brown was not going to meet him. It was announced this morning that Charles had also arranged a meeting.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
What are "Spanish practices"? My dictionary couldn't help....
Unauthorised working methods.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Unauthorised working methods.
Thank you. I checked this term and found that it means in most cases what we call "ungerechtfertigte Bereicherung" - unjust enrichment by employees who take advantages from their employer they are not entitled to. Like asking for reimboursements of costs they didn't have etc. Well. I guess in such a traditional household you could find lots of such ancient allowances without any modern need.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:29 AM
Royal Highness

When i´m looking for some pics of Charles, skiing in Klosters, isifa ( photo agency) gives me these images:

Fotobanka isifa image service

I can maybe see William and Kate there ( at Klosters and not Davos...) but where is the Prince of Wales?
If someone could help me to find Charles, i would be grateful...

Happy Easter to all of you!
Old 03-22-2008, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
When i´m looking for some pics of Charles, skiing in Klosters, isifa ( photo agency) gives me these images:

I can maybe see William and Kate there ( at Klosters and not Davos...) but where is the Prince of Wales?
If someone could help me to find Charles, i would be grateful...

Happy Easter to all of you!
I noticed that as well! Where's Charles? Is he in Klosters at all?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Perhaps not. He was still in London on Thursday as he was handing out awards for his Foundation for Integrated Medicine. So he could only have arrived on the slopes on Friday - if he did - and he has to be back in England by Wednesday for the State visit of President Sarkozy.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Here are some pics now:

Prrince Charles ( together with William and Kate) skiing at Klosters
March 22

Old 03-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Here are some pics now:

Prrince Charles ( together with William and Kate) skiing at Klosters
March 22

Thanks, Gisela - are there pics of them skiiing together yet?
Old 03-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Royal Highness

Royal recycler Charles gives favourite ski suit another outing
March 24

The Duchess of Cornwall caught the attention of royal watchers last summer when she gave her ivory-hued Robinson Valentine wedding ensemble another airing and revealed she's a natural when it comes to sartorial recycling. And judging by her husband's appearance on the slopes this week, it's not hard to see whose lead she follows.

Royal recycler Charles gives favourite ski suit another outing
Old 03-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I wonder what is true?

March 19

It seemed that Daily Telegraph got ealier news than the Press Association. The department of Foreign Affairs won't allow Prince Charles to meet Dalai Lama unless Mr. Gordon Brown agree o meet him at the first place. Later Mr. Downing Street announced that the PM will meet Dalai Lama and then the Press Associate published the updated news.

Personally I don't want Prince Charles's any behaviour to be used as a tool promoted as the idea of he against Chinese officials, just like his decision not to go to Beijing Olympics Games.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc View Post
It seemed that Daily Telegraph got ealier news than the Press Association. The department of Foreign Affairs won't allow Prince Charles to meet Dalai Lama unless Mr. Gordon Brown agree o meet him at the first place. Later Mr. Downing Street announced that the PM will meet Dalai Lama and then the Press Associate published the updated news.

Personally I don't want Prince Charles's any behaviour to be used as a tool promoted as the idea of he against Chinese officials, just like his decision not to go to Beijing Olympics Games.
The Telegraph got it wrong, CH announced that Charles would be meeting the Dalai Lama before Brown's decision was made public during PM's questions!

Charles IMO, has a great deal of sympathy for the Tibetan people and of course the Dalai Lama. Some people are trying to make issue out of Charles' non attendance, when in fact he was not invited and as his history shows, he has only ever attended one Olympics, when Anne was competing IIR.
-----------------------------------------------
Prince Charles intends to hold talks with the Dalai Lama when he visits Britain in May and will not attend the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics in August, a British royal family spokesman said Monday (24 Mar).

http://www.mysinchew.com/node/8992
Old 03-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Royal Highness

Prince quizzes health chiefs
March 28

PRINCE Charles has involved himself in a growing campaign to save a Lynn care home from closure.

Prince quizzes health chiefs - Lynn News
Prince Charles in a speech, 6th December 2006
Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Prince of Wales in Cumbria.

Prince Charles during a visit to Booths Supermarket in Kendal Cumbria where he sampled local produce, 2008-03-31.
MediumPhoto

Prince Charles Visits The Black Swan Pub in Ravenstonedale, Cumbria, 2008-03-31
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
From Hola
Noticias breves de actualidad
Old 04-02-2008, 04:58 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles visits Borrowdale Primary School in Stonewthwaite, Cumbria
April 1

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 04-02-2008, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the links, Gisela.

I loved this pic especially: http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/804...5B961467DC3898

The prince will surely be a wonderful grandfather for Lola and Eliza. And he would have been a wonderful father for the daughter he had wished for but never got.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

More pics from Abaca
The Prince Of Wales Visits Cumbria - Day One, 31/03/2008
The Prince Of Wales Visits Cumbria - Day Two 04/01/2008
Old 04-03-2008, 03:30 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles turns storyteller at cumbrian village school
April 2
It was story time with a difference for children at a Cumbria primary school this week as the Prince Of Wales dropped by to read them The Tale Of Peter Rabbit.

Prince Charles turns storyteller at Cumbrian village school

Prince of Wales´ village is an ´ego boost´
April 4
The Prince of Wales has been accused by a Cabinet minister of creating his 400-acre village of Poundbury to boost his ego.

Prince of Wales' village is an 'ego boost' - Telegraph

Charles´ serious portrait
April 3
Britain's Prince Charles has been portrayed looking serious and troubled in a new royal portrait.

Charles' serious portrait - Royal Watch
Old 04-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Courtier

Cape wishes Charles happy birthday
theBookseller.com

Quality counts for Prince Charles' visit
Quality counts for Prince Charles' visit - Lakeland Today
Old 04-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

A LIMITED edition print of a painting by Prince Charles is expected to fetch around £400 at an auction in Edinburgh next week.

City auctioneer to sell Prince Charles artwork - Edinburgh Evening News

Closed Thread

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales