The Prince of Wales Current Events 8: January-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
some pics from yesterday:

The Prince of Wales visits The 2nd Battalion Parachute Regiment, Colchester, Essex
February 16
The Prince gives a speech ( he looks always so handsome in uniform...:wub:):
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

HRH is very concentrated as he looks through a night vision sight :D:

The Prince with the troops:

...and the ´dustbin´...the comparison isn´t so bad, i think...:cool::lol:

Last edited:
The comparison really is an insult to dustbins everywhere! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It really is. What on earth were they thinking?

Mind you, some modern architecture is beautiful, and I wish Charles wouldn't paint with such a broad brush when he criticises it. There are cities that have been greatly enhanced by IM Pei's buildings, for example. Between the Dulles Airport building and the extension to the art gallery, I'd say Washington DC has been improved by modern architecture.

Oh Charles. Why oh why do you do these things?

I mean, is there anything we ARE allowed to eat? Damn PETA.

Animal rights campaigners were celebrating today after Prince Charles banned the controversial French delicacy foie gras from royal menus

Foie gras is off the menu at royal palaces as Charles bans 'torture' delicacy | the Daily Mail

Well done HRH! :clap:

Some nice pics ( from Monday):

Prince Charles opens the Affordable Rural Housing Scheme, Bletchingdon, Oxfordshire
February 25

Fotobanka isifa image service

( He looks so good and relaxed, it seems that (now) he is a happy man who really likes his ´job´....and we like him....really... much...:wub:)

Prince Charles was meeting students at an educational centre near his Gloucestershire home when details of his son's deployment emerged.
Thank you for the articles. :flowers: I bet his heart skipped a beat when he was told of the publication in the Australian, German and then US news. Then I would imagine he said more than 'the bloody press'!

Pics 28.2.2008

Some pics from yesterday, I love the first one! :):)

Prince Charles visits Ruskin Mill College, Nailsworth,
Gloucestershire, Britain - 28 Feb 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Some pics from yesterday, I love the first one! :):)

Prince Charles visits Ruskin Mill College, Nailsworth,
Gloucestershire, Britain - 28 Feb 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Thank you for the pictures iceflower. :flowers: I would imagine he will breathe a sigh of relief when Harry disembarks at Brize, just like any parent, but I don't think Harry will have to make his own way home from there. :D

The Prince of Wales today said his thoughts were with parents who lost loved ones in Afghanistan as he welcomed his son Harry home

Prince Charles 'happy' Harry's home | The Daily Telegraph

:clap: :britflag: :rose2:

I would imagine Charles was like many people who say 'I know what you are feeling' or 'I can imagine what it is like' but, now he knows that you only know if you have experienced it. :flowers:

Did CH cancel their podcast? I haven't had an update from it though I've been subscribed for a long time now, and I checked on the website of the Prince of Wales, where it seems the podcast link is missing, so it makes me think they aren't doing it anymore. Maybe they made this decision in order to merge with the royal podcast, or the youtube royal channel, since I noticed a lot of stuff related to CH on the youtube royal channel. So is the CH podcast no more or what?

Last edited:
If I win Lotto in the next two weeks I'm going to nip out to Woollahra and buy that painting of Windsor Castle. I love it!

ETA That one of Highgrove's not bad either. Might have it too. :lol:
Can I have Tetbury and a couple of the Scottish scenes? :D

Last edited:
On Monday, Prince Charles will officially open a new store - his own. Mark Palmer hails the latest addition to Britain's 'posh nosh' brigade.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/wine/main.jhtml?xml=/wine/2008/03/14/edhighgrove114.xml

Thank you very much for the article, Gisela, I really enjoyed reading it - and how I look forward to my next trip to England...:flowers:

Quote from this article:

Now it has English and Welsh oak floors, with reclaimed terracotta tiles in the courtyard, where many of the plants the prince reputedly engages in conversation will be on sale.

End of quote.

I have to have such a plant - just imagine: owning a plant that has talked to HRH. :flowers:

Last edited:
Prince decides to avoid Dalai Lama during visit
March 19

To the relief, no doubt, of Gordon Brown, the Prince of Wales has taken the difficult decision not to receive the Dalai Lama when he visits London in May. "He has no plans to do so," his spokesman, Paddy Harverson, confirms.

Mandrake - Telegraph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom