The Prince of Wales Current Events 7: September 2007-January 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Charles for helping the farmers out. He also donated to the funds for flood victims, which is a lot more than most people. :flowers:

That is a great story indeed, thanks a lot for posting it milla Ca. :flowers:
A perfect gentleman, as Skydragon said. :) :wub:

It would have been outrageous if he had drove on and it is normal to stop and help, many would have done just like he did and he has the privilage of excellent backup to be of service in such a case.

It would have been outrageous if he had drove on and it is normal to stop and help, many would have done just like he did and he has the privilage of excellent backup to be of service in such a case.
Sad to say susan alicia, in this day and age, many would not have stopped to assist, especially as it was a motorcyclist. Some people view all motorcyclists as being violent thugs. :flowers:

It could as well have been a set-up for a kidnapping or a murder attack these days, so it would have been sensible to drive on and call an ambulance from the carphone. Instead he decided to help, that's brave.

quote:
..........Charles and his Scotland Yard protection officers in a following vehicle stopped and hurried to help Mr Simpson, who ended up only a few feet short of a fast-flowing river. .........

the scotland yard men must have been well aware of that and considered the situation safe

It could as well have been a set-up for a kidnapping or a murder attack these days, so it would have been sensible to drive on and call an ambulance from the carphone. Instead he decided to help, that's brave.

Has HRH started to were his poppy yet, I think I noticed he had it on at the luncheon for the OM last week, isn't it a bit early?

Has HRH started to were his poppy yet, I think I noticed he had it on at the luncheon for the OM last week, isn't it a bit early?
Do you have a link to the pictures?

He certainly wasn't wearing one at the opening of the memorial at Airewas (12th October) on Friday, however The Royal British Legion says they can be worn at any time, although they are not sold to the general public until two weeks before Remembrance Sunday (The 11th is on a Sunday this year), they are made available to TRH, politicians and other people in public office, before that.

Do you have a link to the pictures?

He certainly wasn't wearing one at the opening of the memorial at Airewas (12th October) on Friday, however The Royal British Legion says they can be worn at any time, although they are not sold to the general public until two weeks before Remembrance Sunday (The 11th is on a Sunday this year), they are made available to TRH, politicians and other people in public office, before that.

Here is the link http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_02/015EXCLUSIVECLUB_800x351.jpg

I realise that the poppy can be worn at any time bu I just thought that it was odd for him to wear it a whole month in Advance.

Here is the link http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_02/015EXCLUSIVECLUB_800x351.jpg

I realise that the poppy can be worn at any time bu I just thought that it was odd for him to wear it a whole month in Advance.

I think the pic in the D.... Mail isn´t made this year ( it could be from 2004)
Here is the pic with the Queen, Prince Charles and all recipients of the Order of Merit made in October 2007:

POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

If i´m right, Charles doesn´t wear a poppy yet.:flowers:

Last edited:
Sorry for my ignorance but what is the significance of a poppy in the Prince of Wales' lapel.

The Daily Mail picture is old-Nelson Mandela is on it.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming this, the picture is old, though Nelson Mandela is still a member of the Order.

Also the Poppy is worn in the UK and other commonwealth Realms to remember the dead from conflict since the 1st World War, it is usually worn from c. 1st Nov. until Remembrance Day or Remembrance Sunday, depending on which is later.

Here is the pic with the Queen, Prince Charles and all recipients of the Order of Merit made in October 2007:
POLFOTO - altid med i billedet
If i´m right, Charles doesn´t wear a poppy yet.:flowers:
Thank You milla Ca, I hadn't seen the picture RoyalProtocol was talking about and I did find it a little strange because, as I said he didn't have one on at the memorial dedication last week.

The Poppies will go on sale this year (14 days before RS) on 28.10.07, so I believe. :flowers:

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the significance of a poppy in the Prince of Wales' lapel.
The poppies are worn because in World War One the Western Front contained in the soil thousands of poppy seeds, all lying dormant. They would have lain there for years more, but the battles being fought there churned up the soil so much that the poppies bloomed like never before. The most famous bloom of poppies in the war was in Ypres, a town in Flanders, Belgium, which was crucial to the Allied defence. There were three battles there, but it was the second, which was calamitous to the allies since it heralded the first use of the new chlorine gas the Germans were experimenting with, which brought forth the poppies in greatest abundance, and inspired the Canadian soldier, Major John McCrae, to write his most famous poem. This, in turn, inspired the British Legion to adopt the poppy as their emblem.

Taken from the following site as they explain it better than I could hope to. :flowers:

BBC - h2g2 - Remembrance Day - Poppy Day - A653924

Last edited:
poppies

Thank you for the explaination. That's why I like this forum. I learn so much.:flowers:

Last edited:
Red faces at the MoD as Charles wades into treatment of troops row

Red faces at the MoD as Charles wades into treatment of troops row | the Daily Mail

Charles launches campaign to save ravaged rainforests
Charles launches campaign to save ravaged rainforests | Environment | The Observer

Charles' plea to protect Amazon jungle

Charles' plea to protect Amazon jungle - Telegraph

Thank you for posting love_cc!:flowers:

Charles points the way again!
First with his invitation of the soldiers to Birkhall to honour the troops and to demonstrate against their treatment.
Second with his constantly work for the environment.

Well done Charles ! :wub:

David Lloyd George is at last getting the proper commemoration his leadership deserved

Our most radical PM | Comment | Guardian Unlimited Politics

PRINCE Charles was last night praised for personally honouring Iraq veterans at his private Scottish residence, but questions were asked as to why the task had fallen to him rather than political and military leaders

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=1682032007
From the article -

Captain Susan Duthie, 37, a bank worker from Perth, was one of six women who served in Iraq with the company. She described it as "a nice surprise".
"Charles certainly takes an interest in what we are doing as he sent us messages and telegrams of good wishes when we were away," she said. "It is a good feeling to know there is someone so important backing you."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom