The Prince of Wales Current Events 7: September 2007-January 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 13.12.2007

Royal Investitures with the Prince of Wales at
Buckingham Palace, 13 December 2007:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On Christmas Day his mother the Queen will broadcast to millions, but Prince Charles has sent his own festive greeting to a select west Wales group

BBC NEWS | Wales | South West Wales | Charles in audio festive message

The more I hear or read, the more I'm impressed with the selection the prince and duchess make on receiving demands and petitions. It shows both are really honest and kind-hearted people, not some pompous guys impressed with their own importance but able to listen closely and react appropriately and in kind. :flowers:

Papers that are read to blind or ill people are such an important way to communicate and take part in society. be it the read version of a nationwide, reknown paper with in-depth articles or the reading of local news - it helps to stay in contact with the world you once inhabited freely and that's a priceless thing when you're ill or disabled.

And while I'M at it: okay, this is not the obvious thread but IMHO it shows a lot about the prince who chose this lady as his darling wife:
Solid and relaxed but with a sense of fun - Times Online

Last edited:
Lovely articles, thank you both. :flowers:

Prince Charles talks with Shakespearean actors about the difficulties of donning a crown
December 14

Charles, first in line to the British throne, spoke with members of the Royal Shakespeare Company after delivering a keynote speech in Stratford-Upon-Avon, 200 miles north of London.

Prince Charles talks with Shakespearean actors about the difficulties of donning a crown - International Herald Tribune

The Clarence House version....
The Prince of Wales - The Prince of Wales visits the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) in Stratford-Upon-Avon

^ Maybe while he was in Surrey, after the visit to Tyrwhitt House, he paid a visit to his new nephew?? :)

This is interesting: lots of historical milestones coming up.

While the Queen this week becomes the oldest British monarch, Prince Charles is preparing for a less envious milestone of his own.
Next month he reaches the age when King Edward VII succeeded Queen Victoria. Bertie was 59 and 74 days old when he became King.

Charles reaches his great-great-grandfather's age on January 27. At the time of his mother's Diamond Jubilee in 1897, Bertie observed: "I don't mind praying to the Eternal Father, but I must be the only man in the country afflicted with an eternal mother!" Let's hope Charles marks his red-letter day with similar equanimity.

Prince of Darkness still at war | the Daily Mail

WindsorIII said:
This is interesting: lots of historical milestones coming up.

While the Queen this week becomes the oldest British monarch, Prince Charles is preparing for a less envious milestone of his own.
Next month he reaches the age when King Edward VII succeeded Queen Victoria. Bertie was 59 and 74 days old when he became King.
Prince of Darkness still at war | the Daily Mail

Thank you Windsor for that interesting historical information. When the time comes, I'm sure Prince Charles will become a great King. But he has already become one of the best Princes of Wales Britain ever had, if not The Best. :flowers:

Skydragon said:
Another worthwhile cause that Charles is supporting. A lot of servicemen and women like Charles because he and Camilla really take an interest. :flowers:

I agree with you Skydragon, another worthwile cause. Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall always seem to take close to their hearts the needs and interests of all those brave people, who serve their country.

More pictures:
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 1
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 2

British Mint Recognized Prince of Wales´60th Birthday

The portrait of Prince Charles appearing on the £5 crown is the work of Ian Rank-Broadley, whose effigy of the queen has appeared on British coinage since 1998. The inscription THE PRINCE OF WALES 1948 - 2008 appears around the upper perimeter of the coin with the words ICH DIEN ("I serve") at the base. This phrase, of course, is taken from the badge of the Prince of Wales.

Numismaster.com

British Mint Recognized Prince of Wales´60th Birthday

The portrait of Prince Charles appearing on the £5 crown is the work of Ian Rank-Broadley, whose effigy of the queen has appeared on British coinage since 1998. The inscription THE PRINCE OF WALES 1948 - 2008 appears around the upper perimeter of the coin with the words ICH DIEN ("I serve") at the base. This phrase, of course, is taken from the badge of the Prince of Wales.

Numismaster.com

Oh dear, is "recognizing" the right word for it? I just imagine how it could have been in pre-christian times that the heir of an emperor had to wait more than 60 years to become the "boss" and modern historians only find out on finding such a piece of money... Imagine the stories they would spin around that... Somehow it is embarrassing. No matter how happy one is about the longevity of the queen, the other side of the coin is that her son is waiting and waiting and waiting...

Well, you'd also have to add "United Kingdom."

You might be able to get away with TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, but it may be worth waiting for one of our local experts to show up.

Charles and his cantankerous canter
December 30

The prince of Wales's exasperation with the media shows no sign of abating, as witnessed by photographers who captured him out riding at Sandringham yesterday, writes Caroline Davies.

Charles and his cantankerous canter | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited
December 27

Just a year ago it was a wish to reduce his carbon footprint that persuaded Prince Charles to drop his annual skiing trip to the Swiss mountains. But absence really does seem to make the royal heart grow fonder.
According to local sources, the Prince is set to resume his love affair with the pretty village of Klosters, which his presence has turned from an obscure alpine backwater into one of the most exclusive resorts in Switzerland

Charles is to go back on the piste | the Daily Mail

Last edited:
The Queen told them "I wish you would go away" when they were hanging around in packs in 1981.

We can't really blame the royal family--it must be so tedious to think you're on vacation and then boom, lenses everywhere. But, it probably is nowhere near as bad as it was when Diana was still in the picture (no pun intended!)---
BTW, I know this is off topic, but Prince Charles looks so good in those suits! He really is a very attractive man, in my opinion.

Why do usual people strive to copy savoir vivre of nobility/royalty? Because representatives of this social stratum are “trained to since infancy, never to show [their] feelings, however uncomfortable [they are]”(see the post #193 by auntie in the thread “Prince and Princess Michael of Kent 4”).
I do understand that Prince Charles does have a full right to enjoy his holidays. Being a public figure, Prince Charles should expect reporters following his every step. This means that he should be ready for meeting these reporters and dealing with them in a dignified manner.
I am actually curious why Prince Charles’s security allowed this situation to happen.

Last edited:
TRH's Christmas Card

They sent one to Barbara Walters, and she showed in on the air on her show "The View" during a segment. I got a little tickled when they were discussing Prince Charles's signature and how "legible" it "wasn't". The picture in/on the card was lovely, however.
Video - Index - ABC.com The clip is titled Christmas Cards part 1, and the first card she shows is from the White House. Anyway, the picture that makes the link shows Ms. Walters in a red leather(?) jacket with a white blouse/scarf thing underneath... (I added this b/c there are two clips with the title Christmas Cards Part 1)

enjoy... if you are interested in their Christmas Card.

Thanks. That was a very funny clip. The "Manny" part was a treasure.

......I do understand that Prince Charles does have a full right to enjoy his holidays. Being a public figure, Prince Charles should expect reporters following his every step. This means that he should be ready for meeting these reporters and dealing with them in a dignified manner.
I am actually curious why Prince Charles’s security allowed this situation to happen.
When you are out for a nice canter, the last thing anybody wants or needs is a bunch of hoons hanging over a hedge. When they start taking their non descript pictures, the noise and the flash can really startle a horse, or perhaps that was what they were hoping for! :rolleyes:
-------------------------------

Charles performs very many duties, some in the full glare of the media, others outside the glare. It is a sorry state of affairs when anyone would begrudge him a peaceful ride on one of his horses, which despite the write ups was not a chestnut, but a bay! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom