The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

The Prince of Wales current events 6: June - September 2007

Coat of Arms of the Prince of Wales

Welcome to the new thread (Part 6) for the Current Events of
the Prince of Wales

It starts on June 27, 2007

Part 4, covering period from April 2 to June 27
can be found here.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince to visit the victims

PRINCE Charles will tomorrow visit the victims of this week's devastating floods in Yorkshire.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/ViewA...icleid=2988610

Old 06-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Royal Highness

The Prince of Wales visited the Commonwealth Youth Exchange Council´s Annual Forum, Westminster, June 27

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
(Picture Gallery from Getty)

The Prince of Wales - HRH attends the Commonwealth Youth Exchange Council's Annual Forum
Old 06-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

It really looks and sounds as if everyone enjoyed themselves, thank you milla Ca.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Talking

Prince Charles ID theft scandal denied

A payroll company that lost a laptop containing the identities of 500 people has denied that Prince Charles, Duke of Wales, was among those whose personal information was on the computer.

Prince Charles ID theft scandal denied News - PC Advisor

Oh no, he's been demoted in Wales!

Prince visits flood-affected area

BBC NEWS | England | Derbyshire | Prince visits flood-affected area
Old 06-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales spoke to the local residents during a visit to flood effected areas on June 29, 2007 in Catcliffe near Sheffield, England. The area has been ravaged by floods for the last two weeks. A severe weather warning has been issued for the area this weekend.

Pictures:
Prince Charles speaks with a local resident Russel Baxter
Prince Charles and local Russel Baxter find humour in the situation

Prince Charles speaks with local children
Prince Charles speaks with local residents

Gallery of pictures from Getty
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you for the pictures Avalon! Speaking to friends in Derbyshire, they all thought it was good of him to go to the area worst hit in Sheffield, which by all accounts is not the nicest smelling place to be at the moment! Even worse, they are bracing themselves for more rain!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
but I must say that Al Gore is not in Prince Charles' league-never has been, never will.
True, there is only one Prince Charles, and thank God he is taking such great care of himself and eating so healthily (has he ever had a cheeseburger?!) Because that means he will live long, long enough I hope to pass plenty of wisdom to his sons, and to the world.
True, Al Gore is just .... he and Clinton are politicians, so they don't qualify as the same league as royalty, but still, they are the closest I can think of. The only hope the US has of having anything HALF as great as the Prince of Wales. But yes, I agree, that they are far short, still, as good as they are, so much less so than HRH.

Asparagus rocks. ;-)
Old 06-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Royal Highness

CasiraghiTrio, I love your posts, I think you're brilliant and insightful----but Clinton and Gore as the closest thing we have to royalty? I just don't see it! If we're going to talk about American Dynasties--then the Bush and Kennedy family hold that recognition. But, the closest thing we have to royalty? I would have to say, in my opinion, that the closest we have (had) to royalty (and I deliberatly leave out Hollywood for obvious reasons) would have to be the Merriweather-Post families, the Vanderbilts, and the Astors--maybe the Huttons and the Dukes. But, those were families of a different era, a different time--those are families we would see on America's Castles (I miss that show). Now? I don't know who would be on the list--but would'nt that be a fun topic? Where could we put that? It would be lively!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 06-30-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
CasiraghiTrio, I love your posts, I think you're brilliant and insightful----but Clinton and Gore as the closest thing we have to royalty? I just don't see it! If we're going to talk about American Dynasties--then the Bush and Kennedy family hold that recognition. But, the closest thing we have to royalty? I would have to say, in my opinion, that the closest we have (had) to royalty (and I deliberatly leave out Hollywood for obvious reasons) would have to be the Merriweather-Post families, the Vanderbilts, and the Astors--maybe the Huttons and the Dukes. But, those were families of a different era, a different time--those are families we would see on America's Castles (I miss that show). Now? I don't know who would be on the list--but would'nt that be a fun topic? Where could we put that? It would be lively!
Oh, no! You misunderstood me, or I suppose I miscommunicated. I didn't mean that the Clintons and Gores are like royalty in that sense! I didn't mean "like" royalty at all. No, no, what I meant was they are the closest I can think of (more Gore, not so much Clinton) that touches the greatness of Prince Charles as an environmental advocate! That's all I meant. I do not believe or mean to convey that I think Gore, certainly not any of the Clintons, are like the majestic, mystical sense of royalty!
As far as that goes, I don't think Americans have any of it, not even the Kennedys, not the Astors, not anyone!
Old 06-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Royal Highness

AHA! The lightbulb just came on! And, yes, there really are no American's who can pull it off--I do agree. But, it was fun to try to figure out who could land in that category--and I had to go back a hundred years in our country! Sad, huh?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 06-30-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
AHA! The lightbulb just came on! And, yes, there really are no American's who can pull it off--I do agree. But, it was fun to try to figure out who could land in that category--and I had to go back a hundred years in our country! Sad, huh?
Yes indeed. I do like most of the Kennedys and the many branches of the family. They are liberal like me and so many have great careers and causes. But they did, truly, lose the mystical, royal magic of the Camelot generation. I think since the assasination of RFK (dear Bobby, he was my favorite) that was it. Now they are just as goofy as all the American political families. I think so many of us had such hope for JFK Jr and his beautiful, stylish wife but.... well, no sense of repeating that sad tale.
I will never forget the funny story of Prince Charles and Princess Anne on their first US visit. Princess Anne was horrified to meet President Nixon. "What a funny choice for a national symbol?" she said.
It rings nicely with this topic we're on, doesn't it? What "funny" national symbols we "elect"?!! Notice, "elect" is in a very sarcastic quotation!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles at St Michaels and All Angels Church, Gloucester
July 1

Fotobanka isifa image service

Fotobanka isifa image service
Old 07-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Royal Highness

I made the asparagus soup on the Duchy website yesterday--YUMMY! I highly recommend trying it. I also had the Duchy send me a list of places here in the states where I can get some of the products--Happy Day!

Old 07-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Security beefed up ahead of India-Pak match

Security has been beefed up for tomorrow's India versus Pakistan cricket one-dayer here following Saturday's foiled terrorist attack at the airport here

outlookindia.com | wired
Old 07-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Britain's Prince Charles arrives with former U.S.Vice-President Al Gore
Thank you for those iceflower.
Two great men!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:33 AM

Indeed, great men. I totally respect the Prince, but am a twinge disappointed he didn't go to the concert. I understand with Camilla not wanting to go because of the painful memories, and because Diana and Camilla were never nice to each other (understandably, for both sides) but I cannot understand why Prince Charles did not go. Diana was married to him for a large chunk of his adult life and gave him two very wonderful sons. I understand things were often turbulent between them, but I would imagine that now after all this time he would want to pay some respect to her in death, to make up for what was lost between them in her life. I am just honestly quite surprised, and disappointed he did not go. It makes me very sad. I am not angry with him, just very sad and disappointed.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I can't imagine Charles enjoying in any way a 6-hour pop concert. Add to that the painful memories, and he probably saw no reason to be anywhere near Wembley.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Indeed, great men. I totally respect the Prince, but am a twinge disappointed he didn't go to the concert. I understand with Camilla not wanting to go because of the painful memories, and because Diana and Camilla were never nice to each other (understandably, for both sides) but I cannot understand why Prince Charles did not go. Diana was married to him for a large chunk of his adult life and gave him two very wonderful sons. I understand things were often turbulent between them, but I would imagine that now after all this time he would want to pay some respect to her in death, to make up for what was lost between them in her life. I am just honestly quite surprised, and disappointed he did not go. It makes me very sad. I am not angry with him, just very sad and disappointed.
Charles is just never a person who enjoys pop music. I don't think he can enjoy himself in the concert. He likes classical arts and he likes 1960s music mainly. I suppose the one he can enjoy himself most is the swan lake ballet. And he probably just wants his sons to have a big stage to express their feelings about their mother without any distract from him. Don't be upset about the concert. I am sure that they have records at home and he can watch his sons as a very proud father. Prince Charles is certainly very busy about his schedule about the Business in the community award and the cricket event in Scotland.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc View Post
Charles is just never a person who enjoys pop music. I don't think he can enjoy himself in the concert. He likes classical arts and he likes 1960s music mainly. I suppose the one he can enjoy himself most is the swan lake ballet. And he probably just wants his sons to have a big stage to express their feelings about their mother without any distract from him. Don't be upset about the concert. I am sure that they have records at home and he can watch his sons as a very proud father. Prince Charles is certainly very busy about his schedule about the Business in the community award and the cricket event in Scotland.
This post is an exhibit of why I appreciate these forums so much. I can express an honest feeling and have someone like you to point out a better, rational way of looking at things that makes me feel better. I appreciate this more than you can know. I agree that the pop scene is not for him. Although I still feel that it would have been so nice to see him there to pay tribute to a great woman (flawed but still great, just like him) and to show appreciation for what was good in her, I see your point now. His presence may have distracted from the point of the event.

I already felt slightly regretful that Camilla didn't go, but I appreciated that she must still have a lot of pain from the past and she certainly (no brainer) would have distracted the purpose. With Prince Charles, it is more complicated because he had children with Diana, and I believe he once did love her (or at least believed/convinced himself he was "in love" but to use his expression, "whatever love means"). Seeing him there would have put a smile on my face. I would have been proud of his being such a "big" person, which I always knew he is, but going to that concert would have been such a selfless action: to put loving Diana for what she was (with all her blessings, and all her faults) and showing support for his sons before his own feelings! That would have just made him so much greater in my eyes!

But as I said, I'm not angry at all and your post does help me to feel much better, though still a tiny bit sad, but there you have it. I'm sorry to go on about it so much. I promise I won't post another word about this!

You're so right. He is so very busy and does so many selfless things. I think he did, moreover, honor Diana in the most important way. Not only did he insist on showing her the highest honors possible after her death, but he walked with his sons behind her casket (that alone was huge) but of course he did more than that. He continued to love and show his sons the best example he could, and I believe this is a major reason for their turning out so well. And on top of all that, it says nothing about the multitude of other things he has done to make us all a tiny bit wiser.

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales