The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 02:18 PM

Two others from the Mercian Regiment rebadging ceremony
Polfoto 1
Polfoto 2

Old 09-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles: World emptier without Pavarotti

´My wife and I, and my sons, join with countless others from around the world who mourn the passing of Luciano Pavarotti...´said the Prince.

AFP: World emptier without Pavarotti: Prince Charles

Old 09-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

I remember as a child thinking that "Pavarotti" and "Paparazzi" were the same word. I was very surprised to see something about Diana meeting Pavarotti, because I thought that she didn't like them.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Oh, my...
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2007, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
I remember as a child thinking that "Pavarotti" and "Paparazzi" were the same word. I was very surprised to see something about Diana meeting Pavarotti, because I thought that she didn't like them.
It's impressive. I didn't know the word "paparazzi" at all when I was a child, let alone know to mix it up with anyone's name. I think I learned it around age 15. I probably learned who Pavarotti was about the same time, I don't know.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson's cheeky gift to godfather Prince Charles

Television presenter Tara Palmer-Tomkinson has gifted a copy of her tome 'A Naughty Girl's Guide To Life' to her godfather Prince Charles.
Palmer-Tomkinson is sure that the Brit royal will love it since he likes 'naughty girls'.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-09-2007, 04:41 AM
Courtier

Prince Charles secret talks with Gordon Brown
Prince Charles secret talks with Gordon Brown - Telegraph

The Prince of Wales and Gordon Brown have met secretly in Scotland and are determined to forge a close working relationship as the heir to the throne develops his role as "shadow king", The Sunday Telegraph can reveal

Prince Charles develops his role as 'shadow king'
DNA - World - Prince Charles develops his role as 'shadow king' - Daily News & Analysis

LONDON: Prince Charles, the heir to the throne of England, is developing his role as "shadow king" and has been keeping regular contact with leaders of major political parties in Britain, a daily reported here on Sunday
Old 09-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Royal Highness

Very interesting articles, thank you for posting love_cc!

But why ´secrets talks´? I think it´s important that the future King has regular talks with all party leaders, and with the PM , it has not to be something secret.
And i support the way Charles gets more duties and responsibilities. It is good to relieve work of the Queen, she will not get younger. And the Prince and his wife will do a fantastic job.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:42 AM

Prime Minister Brown always seems like a very likeable person. In that Telegraph picture, he and the Prince seem like they have a good friendship. I know you can't always read accurately from pictures, but here they seem genuinely like old friends. I knew they had been corresponding in a friendly manner since he was Chancellor; someone tried shooting me down on that in the thread for the Queen and her PMs!

I LOVE that the royal train will be converted to biodiesel.

Milla ca, maybe they were "secret" to keep the Dirty Mail out of the loop. Obviously the "senior royal aides" don't mind sharing the info. with Aldersen, chief reporter of the Telegraph. But the Dirty Mail readers won't have the pleasure of hearing about how Charles is "meddling" again (yet) though I don't doubt that will follow soon enough....
Old 09-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
It's impressive. I didn't know the word "paparazzi" at all when I was a child, let alone know to mix it up with anyone's name. I think I learned it around age 15. I probably learned who Pavarotti was about the same time, I don't know.
I only knew it because it was shortly after Diana died, and all I knew was that many people blamed the paparazzi. I wasn't sure who or what it was, but I knew that many people thought it was bad.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting articles indeed, thanks for posting them!
I only have one question: if the meeting was secret, how on Earth did the Telepraph find out about it?
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-09-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Interesting articles indeed, thanks for posting them!
I only have one question: if the meeting was secret, how on Earth did the Telepraph find out about it?
Because Aldersen, the writer & Telegraph chief reporter, had it from the "senior royal aides" of course.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles with children from Avening Primary School at Home Farm, Tetbury, September 12

Charles with the school children
POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

Charles helps make bread

Charles the baker (part two)

Charles watches two girls sort carrots at the farm
Old 09-12-2007, 11:56 AM

"Charles the Baker" What if that was his historical name? You know, instead of something like Charles the Bald, or Charles the Bold, or Charles the (only slightly) Batty.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Prince Charles with children from Avening Primary School at Home Farm, Tetbury, September 12
Charles the baker (part two)

Charles watches two girls sort carrots at the farm
All great pictures milla Ca, thank you.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Great pics from yesterday, thanks for posting

Here are two more from today:

Charles - 13 Sep 2007 - 1
Charles - 13 Sep 2007 - 2
Old 09-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 14.9.2007

Great pics of Charles from today, both funny and touching:

Scarborough North Yorkshire 14 September 2007: HRH the Prince of
Wales visits Scarborough where he opens the newly refurbished Rotunda
Museum. He walked on the SPA bridge looking at the South Bay area and
the sea, later he also visited a hospice:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5
Old 09-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

wonderful iceflower thanks
i know he's older but to me he looks 20 years younger than when he was in his 30's. he seemed stiff and not comfortable in his own skin (i hope you know what i mean) his face has opened up, his smile reaches his eyes, he seems much more "open" joyful". it's great to see him so happy. it's just not fair some men get better looking with age some of us just age LOL
Old 09-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you iceflower, i always enjoy it to see the pics you´ve posted!
The Prince looks so handsome!

The Prince of Wales visits Scarborough
14th September
The Prince of Wales - The Prince of Wales visits Scarborough
Old 09-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
"Charles the Baker" What if that was his historical name? You know, instead of something like Charles the Bald, or Charles the Bold, or Charles the (only slightly) Batty.
They referred to George III as Farmer George, so why not?

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales