The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Courtier

One careful royal owner seeks a new home for his Aston

Mandrake - Telegraph

Old 08-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Courtier

Prince Charles and Prince William: Royal Rivals or Father and Son?
TypeDocumentary
ChannelABC
DateThursday August 23
Time8:30 PM
Prince Charles and Prince William: Royal Rivals or Father and Son? - TV Reviews

It's on tomorrow.I will watch it.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince's Stroma scene in online exhibition

PRINCE Charles has decided to put some of his artistic achievements on view on his website.

John O'Groat Journal and Caithness Courier: Prince's Stroma scene in online exhibition
Old 08-23-2007, 05:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks you for the article Skydragon!
I really enjoy the Prince's watercolours. (not because he's drawn them, just because I like them).

Here are the pictures from the PoW official website (unfortunately pretty small):
Scotland Watercolours 1
Scotland Watercolours 2
Scotland Watercolours 3
Scotland Watercolours 4
Scotland Watercolours 5
Scotland Watercolours 6
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-23-2007, 05:29 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Thanks for sharing Avalon and skydragon. I paint in oil not watercolor but I find some of these quite nice.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/cont...0802113509.jpg

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/cont...0802113543.jpg

I think the Prince is better at peaceful landscapes. The colors of the first two looked like sunrises or sunsets and they were a bit too psychedelic for my taste.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Clarence House releases a new video about The Prince's visit to Robert Clack School

The Prince of Wales’s interest in education is detailed today in an exclusive film about His Royal Highness’s visit to an inspiring school in East London.

The Prince of Wales - Clarence House releases a new video about The Prince's visit to Robert Clack School

Capital pub sells beer fit for a prince

A PUB in Edinburgh will be welcoming a royal guest next month - the first beer brewed by Prince Charles' organic food and drink company

Scotsman.com News - Scotland - Capital pub sells beer fit for a prince
Old 08-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Royal Highness

New chief Executive for Dumfries House Trust
24th August

Clarence House today announced the appointment of Tom Hamilton as interim Chief Executive of the Dumfries House Trust.

The Prince of Wales - New Chief Executive for Dumfries House Trust
Old 08-24-2007, 05:00 PM

To quote that video : "Dagenham is one of the poorest boroughs in the country".

How very dare you.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Vilified after the death of Diana 10 years ago, Prince Charles has finally found happiness with the love of his life in a relationship the British public has come to accept, if not yet embrace.
TODAYonline
Ten years on, Prince Charles has found happiness with Camilla - Yahoo! News
Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Courtier

The high standards of Prince Charles' Highgrove garden
The high standards of Prince Charles' garden | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Waiting to be King
Waiting to be King - Ten Years On: Why Diana Mattered - TIME
Old 08-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

This really is a misleading headline, there is very little mention of Diana (IGTS).

This speaks of life after the disaster service
icWales - Prince plans meeting over future of pubs
Old 08-28-2007, 03:38 PM

It sucks how his whole life and career is summarized as "waiting to be king" as if it is all just being on a Monarchial Waiting List, twiddling his thumbs, talking to plants, playing polo, whatever. I guess there have been some former Princes of Wales who have been pretty useless, but it doesn't seem to apply to Charles. His life certainly has more substance than his own mother's pre-Accession life.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Skydragon! How nice to read ´normal´ news... Signs that life will go one...

Prince makes flood fund donation

The Prince of Wales has donated an undisclosed amount to the Gloucestershire Flood Relief Fund.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Gloucestershire | Prince makes flood fund donation
Old 08-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
It sucks how his whole life and career is summarized as "waiting to be king" as if it is all just being on a Monarchial Waiting List, twiddling his thumbs, talking to plants, playing polo, whatever. I guess there have been some former Princes of Wales who have been pretty useless, but it doesn't seem to apply to Charles. His life certainly has more substance than his own mother's pre-Accession life.
yes, I agree with you. The more things I read about him aparts all the tabloits said, the more I admire him for his ideas and trying everything in his influece to make the country better and help all those people. He has a great heart and I do feel Britain is very lucky to have such a future king who truly loves and cares about the country by his action.

I don't think I would ever change my view about him.He will be one of the greatest Prince of Wales in history and he will be a good king if he can succeed after his mother.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Thank you Skydragon! How nice to read ´normal´ news... Signs that life will go one...
Prince Charles: A History
Chapter One: Pre-Diana Years
Chapter Two: The Diana Years
Chapter Three: Post-Diana Years
Chapter Four: The Lingering Ghost of Diana
Old 08-29-2007, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

You forgot

Chapter Five: The glorious Charles and Camilla years
Chapter Six: The Remarkable King Charles and Queen Camilla Years.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Courtier

Prince Charles to lead ceremony that marks end of an era
Stockport Express - Prince Charles to lead ceremony that marks end of an era
Old 08-29-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
You forgot

Chapter Five: The glorious Charles and Camilla years
Chapter Six: The Remarkable King Charles and Queen Camilla Years.
Epilogue: Ghost of Diana Revisited
Old 09-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Pics 1.9.2007

The Prince of Wales as Colonel-in-Chief of the new Mercian Regiment talks to soldiers of
the Cheshire, Staffordshire and Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters after the three
regiments were amalgamated at a ceremony at Tamworth Castle today, 1 Sep 2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 09-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the pics, iceflower! The one with the laughing Prince is great!

Three infantry regiments merged

Prince Charles saw the unit establishment at a ´re-badging´ ceremony at Tamworth Castle, Staffordshire and presented service needles and commendations.

BBC NEWS | UK | Three infantry regiments merged

Charles honours regiments merger

http://www.horncastlenews.co.uk/late...ger.3167113.jp

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales