The Prince of Wales Current Events 6: June-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sucks how his whole life and career is summarized as "waiting to be king" as if it is all just being on a Monarchial Waiting List, twiddling his thumbs, talking to plants, playing polo, whatever. I guess there have been some former Princes of Wales who have been pretty useless, but it doesn't seem to apply to Charles. His life certainly has more substance than his own mother's pre-Accession life.

It sucks how his whole life and career is summarized as "waiting to be king" as if it is all just being on a Monarchial Waiting List, twiddling his thumbs, talking to plants, playing polo, whatever. I guess there have been some former Princes of Wales who have been pretty useless, but it doesn't seem to apply to Charles. His life certainly has more substance than his own mother's pre-Accession life.

yes, I agree with you. The more things I read about him aparts all the tabloits said, the more I admire him for his ideas and trying everything in his influece to make the country better and help all those people. He has a great heart and I do feel Britain is very lucky to have such a future king who truly loves and cares about the country by his action.

I don't think I would ever change my view about him.He will be one of the greatest Prince of Wales in history and he will be a good king if he can succeed after his mother.

Thank you Skydragon!:flowers: How nice to read ´normal´ news... Signs that life will go one...;)

Prince Charles: A History
Chapter One: Pre-Diana Years
Chapter Two: The Diana Years
Chapter Three: Post-Diana Years
Chapter Four: The Lingering Ghost of Diana
:rolleyes:

You forgot :rolleyes:

Chapter Five: The glorious Charles and Camilla years
Chapter Six: The Remarkable King Charles and Queen Camilla Years.
:lol::angel:

You forgot :rolleyes:

Chapter Five: The glorious Charles and Camilla years
Chapter Six: The Remarkable King Charles and Queen Camilla Years.
:lol::angel:

Epilogue: Ghost of Diana Revisited :rolleyes:

Pics 1.9.2007

The Prince of Wales as Colonel-in-Chief of the new Mercian Regiment talks to soldiers of
the Cheshire, Staffordshire and Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters after the three
regiments were amalgamated at a ceremony at Tamworth Castle today, 1 Sep 2007

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
I remember as a child thinking that "Pavarotti" and "Paparazzi" were the same word. I was very surprised to see something about Diana meeting Pavarotti, because I thought that she didn't like them.

Oh, my...:D

Attachments

• Pavarotti.jpg
    Pavarotti.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 154
  • photo.gif
    photo.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 149
I remember as a child thinking that "Pavarotti" and "Paparazzi" were the same word. I was very surprised to see something about Diana meeting Pavarotti, because I thought that she didn't like them.

It's impressive. I didn't know the word "paparazzi" at all when I was a child, let alone know to mix it up with anyone's name. :lol: I think I learned it around age 15. I probably learned who Pavarotti was about the same time, I don't know. ;)

Prince Charles secret talks with Gordon Brown
Prince Charles secret talks with Gordon Brown - Telegraph

The Prince of Wales and Gordon Brown have met secretly in Scotland and are determined to forge a close working relationship as the heir to the throne develops his role as "shadow king", The Sunday Telegraph can reveal

Prince Charles develops his role as 'shadow king'
DNA - World - Prince Charles develops his role as 'shadow king' - Daily News & Analysis

LONDON: Prince Charles, the heir to the throne of England, is developing his role as "shadow king" and has been keeping regular contact with leaders of major political parties in Britain, a daily reported here on Sunday

Very interesting articles, thank you for posting love_cc!:flowers:

But why ´secrets talks´? I think it´s important that the future King has regular talks with all party leaders, and with the PM , it has not to be something secret.
And i support the way Charles gets more duties and responsibilities. It is good to relieve work of the Queen, she will not get younger. And the Prince and his wife will do a fantastic job.

Prime Minister Brown always seems like a very likeable person. In that Telegraph picture, he and the Prince seem like they have a good friendship. I know you can't always read accurately from pictures, but here they seem genuinely like old friends. I knew they had been corresponding in a friendly manner since he was Chancellor; someone tried shooting me down on that in the thread for the Queen and her PMs! :p

I LOVE that the royal train will be converted to biodiesel.

Milla ca, maybe they were "secret" to keep the Dirty Mail out of the loop. Obviously the "senior royal aides" don't mind sharing the info. with Aldersen, chief reporter of the Telegraph. But the Dirty Mail readers won't have the pleasure of hearing about how Charles is "meddling" again (yet) though I don't doubt that will follow soon enough....

It's impressive. I didn't know the word "paparazzi" at all when I was a child, let alone know to mix it up with anyone's name. :lol: I think I learned it around age 15. I probably learned who Pavarotti was about the same time, I don't know. ;)

I only knew it because it was shortly after Diana died, and all I knew was that many people blamed the paparazzi. I wasn't sure who or what it was, but I knew that many people thought it was bad.

Interesting articles indeed, thanks for posting them! :flowers:
I only have one question: if the meeting was secret, how on Earth did the Telepraph find out about it? :rolleyes:

Interesting articles indeed, thanks for posting them! :flowers:
I only have one question: if the meeting was secret, how on Earth did the Telepraph find out about it? :rolleyes:

Because Aldersen, the writer & Telegraph chief reporter, had it from the "senior royal aides" of course. ;)

"Charles the Baker" :D What if that was his historical name? You know, instead of something like Charles the Bald, or Charles the Bold, or Charles the (only slightly) Batty. :lol:

Pics 14.9.2007

Great pics of Charles from today, both funny and touching:

Scarborough North Yorkshire 14 September 2007: HRH the Prince of
Wales visits Scarborough where he opens the newly refurbished Rotunda
Museum. He walked on the SPA bridge looking at the South Bay area and
the sea, later he also visited a hospice:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5

wonderful iceflower thanks
i know he's older but to me he looks 20 years younger than when he was in his 30's. he seemed stiff and not comfortable in his own skin (i hope you know what i mean) his face has opened up, his smile reaches his eyes, he seems much more "open" joyful". it's great to see him so happy. it's just not fair some men get better looking with age some of us just age LOL

"Charles the Baker" :D What if that was his historical name? You know, instead of something like Charles the Bald, or Charles the Bold, or Charles the (only slightly) Batty. :lol:

They referred to George III as Farmer George, so why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom