The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles visits Lincoln
July 29

The women love him
POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

The Prince in front of Lincoln Cathedral

Special view from the cloisters of Lincoln Cathedral

Old 07-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Courtier

Lang Lang and the Prince of Wales's Private Band
27 July 2007

EDP24 News

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

Old 07-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Thank you, love cc. The last two pics were from the concert last year, right?
Old 07-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen View Post
Thank you, love cc. The last two pics were from the concert last year, right?
You are welcome, Hornsen. I got the photos from Lang Lang's blog.He just posted the artcle titled "Prince Charles in Memorial concert for Queen Mother". The article praised Prince Charles a lot: Lang Lang said he could feel Prince Charles's deep love for his sons despite they cannot show it publicly. He said he found Prince Charles as a very sincerely person with great passions and full of charms.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 31.7.2007

Prince Charles visits Scotland 31 July 2007:

The Prince of Wales walks past some of his paintings on show during his visit to the Society of Caithness
Artists 71st annual exhibition held at Thurso High School, talks to fishermen at the Royal National Mission
to Deep Sea Fishermen, Scrabster, Caithness and tries one of the Mey Selections of Whisky produced by
Inver Hose Distillers:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Wonderful pics of Charles
Old 07-31-2007, 03:27 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you iceflower, i love to see the pics of the happy Prince!

Prince´s work in local arts show

Prince Charles has entered some of his paintings for an arts exhibition in Thurso High School.

BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Highlands and Islands | Prince's works in local arts show

one of the paintings:

Old 07-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Thank you, iceflower and milla Ca.
Scotland is his really home, I think. From there we always get happy pics of him (them). And he is a great painter IMO.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc View Post
Lang Lang and the Prince of Wales's Private Band 27 July 2007
EDP24 News
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Camilla looks very nice.Thanks for all the pics!!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:55 AM

Her dress is a bit Thora Hird but she does look lovely.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

The Prince of Wales´s interest - painting with watercolours
2nd August

The Prince of Wales is an experienced watercolourist and has been painting for most of his adult life, whenever his official diarys allows.The Prince paints landscapes in the open air, often finishing a picture in one go.

The Prince of Wales - The Prince of Wales's interests - painting with watercolours
Old 08-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Royal Highness

Far north food gets the royal seal of approval

A food fair showcasting high-quality produce in Caithness and Sutherland got the royal seal of approval this week.

John O'Groat Journal and Caithness Courier: Far North food gets the royal seal of approval
Old 08-06-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Far north food gets the royal seal of approval

A food fair showcasting high-quality produce in Caithness and Sutherland got the royal seal of approval this week.

John O'Groat Journal and Caithness Courier: Far North food gets the royal seal of approval
It says he took special interest in the black buns. I've never seen or heard of these black buns. Apparently this is a specialty of Scottish cuisine. Apparently it is a pastry with fruit and spices filled in. It seems like it could be delicious, just judging from the recipe.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

Thumbs up

Prince Charles takes best in show

A princely display of eggs earned the Prince of Wales the title of best in show at Brecon on Saturday.

icWales - Prince Charles takes best in show
Old 08-10-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
So i would like to taste the Prince´s eggs...
This is too cute.

Skydragon, I agree with you 100% on the building structures. It always amazes me how in tune the Prince is with the daily lives of people. His position gives him the capability of being above the cold concerns of business people and politicians. I remember when he first entered architectural discussion in the eighties and people said he was "putting hard-working architects out of business." First of all, it's rubbish (how could he?) Secondly, he was just pointing out what should have been obvious (that they are doing shoddy work in the name of cheap housing and steady profits!)
Nothing wrong with a little naked honesty in the world to balance out the selfish agendas of professionals, and good on the Prince for always being there to give it.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thumbs up

A South Lakes horse logging business has been hired by royal appointment after winning an award from Prince Charles.

barrow in furness, barrow news sport, ulverston news sport, lake district news
Old 08-18-2007, 03:42 AM
Heir Apparent

ROYAL ACCOLADE FOR RESCUE HERO

AN HEROIC RAF search-and-rescue winchman from the Island has received the Air Force Cross from Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace.
Sgt Mario Testa, 32, received the award after displaying gallantry of the highest order to save another’s life in the face of perilous conditions after he was scrambled to a rescue operation in March, 2006.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:49 PM

Have just seen HRH on BBC4 talking about Stephen Fry and manic depression. He said that he believed that manic depression was a huge problem that wasn't spoken about enough and that he felt Stephen Fry was a pioneer in speaking out about the illness. Thumbs up to the Prince of Wales on this one.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Courtier

Spike Milligan suffered manic depression as well.
"Plagued with mental illness and manic depression during his life, he suffered no fewer than ten breakdowns, linked to shell shock he endured during the war. "
BBC News | TV AND RADIO | Charles leads Milligan tributes

Stephen Fry: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive
BBC - Health - TV and radio - Stephen Fry: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive
Old 08-18-2007, 10:56 PM

I think the Prince is right. I have the illness (I don't suffer from it, indeed when it's on my side it gives me creativity and when it's against me it near kills me) and it was just so wonderful to hear Charles talk about it. It was recognition from someone in high places about an illness that many GPs either miss or refuse to refer people onto. I hope the Prince of Wales gets on board to a bipolar charity because we could really use someone like him speaking out regularly on this.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles's aides plotted against Diana

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../ndiana119.xml

From the article, as I realise many don't have time to read anything but the headline.

Yet it was the prince who, after reading the first draft, persuaded Dimbleby to remove passages relating to the affair.
It is understood the request was made on the grounds of "taste" and because Charles did not want to distress his sons.
According to senior sources, he did not dispute the accuracy of what Mr Dimbleby had written: the heir to the throne had learnt about his wife's affair in 1986, eight years before the Dimbleby book was published.

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales