The Prince of Wales Current Events 6: June-September 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of articles about the Prince's visit to the flooded areas (thanks a lot milla Ca for posting the articles! :)).

Charles wades in on tour of rain-lashed Yorkshire village

Impeccably dressed in a double-breasted grey suit and with a flower in his buttonhole, Prince Charles didn't exactly look the part for a visit to flood-devastated areas. But that didn't stop the concerned royal from jumping right in when he toured a South Yorkshire village left under five feet of water after a week of torrential downpours.

Charles takes to boat to view flood nightmare

Prince Charles has returned to Yorkshire this morning to visit one of the worst affected flooded areas.
The Prince of Wales visited South Yorkshire just days ago when he saw for himself the devastation in the flood-hit village of Catcliffe near Rotherham.
Today Charles returned to South Yorkshire, visiting Toll Bar, near Doncaster, where the waters are yet to recede than a week after torrential downpours battered the county.

Where were the prince's wellies? :D

It is not the most important question facing the flood-hit Yorkshire folk in Toll Bar, but it is the one causing the most bemusement. The prince knew that the village had been under water for nine days, so why did he arrive wearing a grey pin-striped suit with a flower in his buttonhole, and shiny brown shoes?

And a Gallery of Pictures from the visit

HRH visits the Foreign and Commonwealth Office

The Prince of Wales visited the Foreign and Commonwealth Office today and took the opportunity to welcome the release of kidnapped BBC journalist Alan Johnson.
His Royal Highness praised staff at the Government department for their behind-the-scenes work. Johnston was freed on Wednesday after 114 days in captivity in Gaza City.
The Prince was joined by new Foreign Secretary David Miliband on his tour to meet civil servants.
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall are among the United Kingdom's most important ambassadors.

I whole-hearedly agree with the last sentense. :)

What's the deal with those little kids at the Foreign Office? Was he visiting their in-house day care center or something?
Or did the Foreign Office lower their recruiting age considerably? ;-)

Last edited:
casiraghitrio said:
What's the deal with those little kids at the Foreign Office? Was he visiting their in-house day care center or something?

I assume those were the children of employers, who brought their little ones for the important event ;)

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales is given a home-made card from a young girl as he arrives to tour the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in Whitehall on July 5, 2007 in London, England

Pictures:
Prince Charles gets a home-made card from a little girl
Prince Charles is amused to be greated by the Superman :D
Prince Charles listens to the Ahlam Laabori of the Forced Marriage Unit a very strong picture :neutral:
Wales talks to a woman who works in the Middle East section of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office

Gallery of Pictures from Getty

Where were the prince's wellies? :D

It is not the most important question facing the flood-hit Yorkshire folk in Toll Bar, but it is the one causing the most bemusement. The prince knew that the village had been under water for nine days, so why did he arrive wearing a grey pin-striped suit with a flower in his buttonhole, and shiny brown shoes?

And a Gallery of Pictures from the visit

Who needs wellies when can wear such nice shoes??:ROFLMAO:

Fotobanka isifa image service

Thank you Avalon for posting the articles and all the nice pics!:flowers:

They were invited to take their children along to the event, day care is not provided at most government offices.

Although sometimes I think the youngsters could probably do a better job than some of the older CS's! :ROFLMAO:

Avalon said:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall are among the United Kingdom's most important ambassadors
Yes indeed! :clap:

Thank you Avalon and milla Ca for all the nice photos and articles

Who needs wellies when can wear such nice shoes??:ROFLMAO:

Also, wellies would not have fit so conveniently inside those fancy little covers he got to put on his shoes at the sports centre! Though he did not seem to like that very much. :D

TRH are indeed excellent ambassadors for Britain. They are among a handful of the best Britain can offer up as examples to follow. I hope one day at their age in life I can consider myself half as well educated as them. :flowers:

Prince Charles (L) meets with Dahlia Itzik, acting President of Israel and Speaker of the Knesset, at Clarence House in London, 06 July 2007

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Pics 11.7.2007

The Prince of Wales, Colonel-in-Chief, during a presentation of OP Herrick medals to 9 Regiment, Army Air
Corps at Clarence House, London 11 July 2007:

Pic 1
Pic 2

The Prince of Wales, Colonel-in-Chief, during a presentation of OP Herrick medals to 9 Regiment, Army Air
Corps at Clarence House, London 11 July 2007:

Pic 1
Pic 2

They always seem to look for a woman to photograph him with, but they all look very nice. Thank you iceflower. :flowers:

Great pictures Iceflower, I love this one - it would well into the Caption This thread. :D

They always seem to look for a woman to photograph him with, but they all look very nice. Thank you iceflower. :flowers:

You are most welcome, milla Ca, Skydragon and Avalon,
but I have to admitt: I have chosen that pic with the woman, there were many others
as well, but these two were the ones I liked best, so it's not really the focus the photographers made ;);)

Great pictures Iceflower, I love this one - it would well into the Caption This thread. :D

What is he doing there? :ROFLMAO:
As an aside: IIRC these guards are not allowed to react to anyone talking to them. Does that apply to the prince as well?

What is he doing there? :ROFLMAO:
As an aside: IIRC these guards are not allowed to react to anyone talking to them. Does that apply to the prince as well?
They are allowed to reply to Charles and any superior offices. It's rather hard to keep a straight face if Charles makes one of his funny comments. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Charles has a far more rewarding day

The Prince of Wales presented service medals yesterday to members of the elite Apache attack helicopter crews who have recently returned from Afghanistan.
Forty-four members of 9 Regiment Army Air Corps met the Prince, their colonel-in-chief, at a reception in the gardens of Clarence House.
The 43 men and one woman from 9 Regiment, who are based at Dishforth in North Yorkshire, served in Afghanistan for 13 months. They all received Operation Herrick service medals, named after the campaign codename.

And people at this blog are discussing what did the Prince said to the female soldier after all. :lol:

More scared of meeting Charles

Britain's most courageous cop Geoffrey Hince admits he felt more frightened accepting his bravery award from Prince Charles than he did when he single-handedly took on two armed raiders.
Geoffrey was named overall winner at the 12th annual Police Bravery Awards, sponsored by The Sun.

Picture: Prince Charles and Geoffrey Hince

Last edited:
Pic 16.7.2007

Prince Charles visits Birmingham, 16 July 2007:

Prince Charles jokes with staff inside the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine at Selly Oak Hospital in Birmingham.

---> Pic :flowers:

Pics 18.7.2007

Charles at his best today.. ;):

..gesturing after sampling cider made in the 100 year old orchard during a visit to Barrington House in Somerset, helping local school children who look after their own plot in the one acre walled kitchen garden with some weeding and officially opening the new Cancer Care unit in Pill, near Bristol:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

He is in best moods today. I think because he had a good time yesterday...:rolleyes:;)

Pics 24.7.2007

Prince of Wales visits Ford plant

The Prince of Wales during a visit to Ford's Dunton Technical Centre in Essex, 24 July 2007 :)

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Last edited:
It was clearly a poignant moment for the Prince of Wales this week when he arrived at a historic Norfolk church for an evening of music dedicated to his late grandmother, the Queen Mother. Writing in the concert programme, Charles - who was accompanied to the fund-raising event by his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall - said: "This place holds some very precious and cherished memories for me

Prince Charles pays tribute to Queen Mum at charity concert - Yahoo! News UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom