The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

The Prince of Wales current events 5: April - June 2007

Coat of Arms of the Prince of Wales

Welcome to the (Part 5) of the Current Events
of the Prince of Wales

It starts on April 2, 2007

Part 4, covering period from Januray to April 2007
can be found here.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Aristocracy

Charles puts Billy back in royal favour | the Daily Mail

Richard Kay actually wrote a nice article on Charles except for that little dig at the end. I am not really surprised Charles is doing it more that Richard wrote something positive about Charles. I still haven't recovered from the shock.:)

Old 04-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde
Charles puts Billy back in royal favour | the Daily Mail

Richard Kay actually wrote a nice article on Charles except for that little dig at the end. I am not really surprised Charles is doing it more that Richard wrote something positive about Charles. I still haven't recovered from the shock.:)
Nice article. Why am I wondering why he wrote it?
Old 04-03-2007, 04:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

A princely dram

A Norfolk whisky distillery got the royal seal of approval on Tuesday during a special visit by Prince Charles.

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/ViewA...&SectionID=843

This is from a local paper about the visit last week on the 29th March.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think Kay wrote this as a minor dig at the royals for 'abandoning their loyal retainers', just wait, the Charles could have done more article will follow shortly!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:24 AM
Courtier

It might not have been intentional, but it shows that Charles will be a rather different monarch than his mother in his loyalties.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:32 AM
Royal Highness

I`ve been ridiculed, says Charles

The Prince of Wales says he has faced a ´chorus of ridicule´over his campaign to protect rare native breeds of cattle, sheep, pigs and chickens.

BBC NEWS | UK | I've been ridiculed, says Charles
Old 04-04-2007, 05:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charles's amazing embroidered dreamcoat

It may not be the garment of choice for most gardeners and slightly impractical for digging over the vegetable patch. But the Prince of Wales reckoned it was just the job for celebrating 60 years of the popular radio show Gardeners' Question Time.

Charles's amazing embroidered dreamcoat | Uk News | News | Telegraph
Old 04-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles slams 'crazy' EU laws on seeds

The heir to the British throne, Prince Charles, described as "crazy" European Union legislation which prevents the sale of seeds from old vegetable varieties, in an interview released Wednesday.

Prince Charles slams 'crazy' EU laws on seeds - Yahoo! News
Old 04-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon

The heir to the British throne, Prince Charles, described as "crazy" European Union legislation which prevents the sale of seeds from old vegetable varieties, in an interview released Wednesday.

I'm behind him 100% on this issue.

Luckily we don't have any vegetable police in Australia. No Australian politician would dare try to tell us what veggie varieties we can and cannot grow. Heritage varieties are very popular with Australian home gardeners.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Charles's amazing embroidered dreamcoat

It may not be the garment of choice for most gardeners and slightly impractical for digging over the vegetable patch. But the Prince of Wales reckoned it was just the job for celebrating 60 years of the popular radio show Gardeners' Question Time.

Charles's amazing embroidered dreamcoat | Uk News | News | Telegraph
I remember that Charles wore this or a similar coat in a TV report about Highgrove some years ago. You could see him in the unusual dress when he was feeding the birds in winter.
And i also know that he wears a coat like this on some photos for the Vogue magazine.
I think he really like it!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I'm behind him on this issue. It's really crazy to prevent he sales of seeds from old vefetable varieties.
They definitely should think more on this legislation.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

'Boho' Charles robes up for gardening programme

His wardrobe might be thought to consist mainly of Savile Row suits, rustic tweeds and ceremonial garb, but Prince Charles showed a more bohemian side on Tuesday as he welcomed Radio 4's Gardeners' Question Time to Highgrove. Taking a leaf out of boho queen Sienna Miller's book - she recently made a bold appearance in large black knickers and once wore a swimming costume to a lunch date - the heir to the throne turned heads in what appeared to be an embroidered dressing gown.

Pictures:
Prince Charles and Eric Robson
Prince Charles and Eric Robson 2
Prince Charles and Eric Robson 3
Prince Charles and Eric Robson 4
Old 04-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Avalon! Nice to see the pics!

If you open the BBC website you can hear Charles talking:

BBC News Player - Charles attacks EU directives

Prince Charles has attacked European bureaucrats over the sale of some ancient varieties of seed.
(You can also read the report, but to hear his voice is absolutely nice! )
Old 04-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the link milla Ca! It was nice to hear the Prince talking, not to mention that I completely agree with him over the issue.
Here is the BBC report.

I've been ridiculed, says Charles

The Prince of Wales says he has faced a "chorus of ridicule" over his campaign to protect rare native breeds of cattle, sheep, pigs and chickens.
But he said his efforts had been worth it because "surprise, surprise" such livestock was making a comeback.
He went on to criticise "crazy" European Union laws banning the sale of seed from historic varieties of plant.
Prince Charles was speaking to BBC Radio 4's Gardeners' Question Time to mark its 60th anniversary. He bemoaned what he said was "the craziness of what we've done to this world", calling it "lunacy".
Old 04-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I wonder what area of quality did these old varieties fall short of?

In the south, you could get some really old varieties of tomato for your home garden and the tomatoes were to die for. The plant wasn't sold commercially because it wasn't as hardy and prolific as the commercial varieties but for a home garden they didn't need to be.

We already had far more tomatoes than we needed.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I wonder what area of quality did these old varieties fall short of? .
It seems to be a question of supply, because they are not available in bulk to be grown commercially, the EC have decided none of us can have them. We still have a few Cox's Orange Pippin tree's, most people haven't even heard of them, or had a chance to try the fruits.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles in raw magazine interview

The Prince of Wales prefers videos to DVDs, worries about the nation's preference for pill-popping and feels he has to continually justify his existence, it has been revealed.

Prince Charles in raw magazine interview | News | This is London

Oh, I disagree with him..... I much prefer the quality of a DVD!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It seems to be a question of supply, because they are not available in bulk to be grown commercially, the EC have decided none of us can have them. We still have a few Cox's Orange Pippin tree's, most people haven't even heard of them, or had a chance to try the fruits.
Oh I had a Cox's Orange Pippin, and a Devonshire Quarrenden, and a Cornish Aromatic, and a Pitmaston's Pineapple, and an Upton Pyne, and a King of the Pippins, and a Bramley's Seedling, and a Sturmer Pippin, and a Stayman's Winesap, and a few more I can't remember right now ..... even a Court Pendu Plat! All on dwarfing rootstock. Unfortunately I had to leave them down in Sydney when we moved. *sniffle* I miss my apple trees!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

I will think of you as I munch!

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales