The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Who's the dude set in wax? Can't be Prince Charles!

Old 05-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Royal honeymoon pic under hammer

A photograph signed by Diana, Princess of Wales, of her and Prince Charles on honeymoon has been put up for auction.
The photo is to be auctioned in a charity sale next month, organised by Andrea Aston, of Milton Keynes, to raise money for Cancer Research.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | Royal honeymoon pic under hammer
OMG look how miserable Charles looks!

Old 05-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffir

I thought I was the only one who thought Charles looked unhappy in that photo.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
I thought I was the only one who thought Charles looked unhappy in that photo.
No, you are not the only one!
Old 05-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If that was a kind of official photograph, just imagine how he (or both) must have looked in the others of that series....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

She looks quite pleased with herself IMHO whereas he looks very downcast.

Sort of makes you wonder....
Old 05-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Students' fury at 'censorship'

STUDENTS at the Edinburgh College of Art have claimed exhibits for an upcoming show have been censored - because Prince Charles is due to attend

Edinburgh Evening News - Students' fury at 'censorship'

Or is the censorship because some of the 'art' was rubbish!
Old 05-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
She looks quite pleased with herself IMHO whereas he looks very downcast.

Sort of makes you wonder....
I thought as well about the pic and started to wonder myself why a bride would select a pic to give away with a dedication in which only she looks happy but her groom not. Didn't she really look at that pic and see him? Did she only see herself? Or wasn't she thinking about it? Or was she already used to seeing him unhappy when he was with her?

One wonders, right.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince set for awards dinner

Prince Charles is to be the guest of honour at a business awards dinner to be held in the Capital.
He will address an audience of business leaders at the Scottish Business in the Community awards at Prestonfield House.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Students' fury at 'censorship'

STUDENTS at the Edinburgh College of Art have claimed exhibits for an upcoming show have been censored - because Prince Charles is due to attend

Edinburgh Evening News - Students' fury at 'censorship'

Or is the censorship because some of the 'art' was rubbish!

That was good with a great sense of humour. And, probably correct !
Old 05-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal backing for woolsack race

The annual woolsack race in Gloucestershire is being backed by Prince Charles.
In the trial of endurance, race participants carry a sack of wool up and down the steep Gumstool hill in Tetbury, between two pubs. Prince Charles has donated a signed copy of his new book, Organic Gardening, to raise money at the event in a charity auction.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Was he caught in a sentence or was trying to listen to a question that was proposed to him, since the press was there taking the picture. Remember the BBC report in Switzerland where the Prince was quite miffed at one of the reporters?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
thanks for the news. I feel exicting to know that HRH has chosen Lang Lang to play the premium. It is a great honour and it is really very special. And know I am getting more and more perspectives to see how deep his emotional attachment towards the queen mother. Such a nice and lovely grandson of him!
But this lovely gesture of memorial for the Queen Mother will be totally overshadowed, obliterated even by the Diana concert, scheduled for the first day of the same month.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Prince Charles visits Co Fermanagh. 24 May 2007:
Is this County Fermanagh, somewhere in Northern Ireland?
Old 05-29-2007, 05:00 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Is this County Fermanagh, somewhere in Northern Ireland?
google is your friend. (Wikipedia too.)
Old 05-31-2007, 05:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince calls for Scots youth crime summit

THE Prince of Wales visited Scotland's largest young offenders' institution yesterday and proposed a Scottish version of the high-level youth crime summit he held in London last year.

Scotsman.com News - Prince of Wales - Prince calls for Scots youth crime summit
Old 06-01-2007, 05:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

It's two palaces in one day for touring prince

PRINCE CHARLES, who is currently staying at the Palace of Holyroodhouse, has been continuing his tour of Scotland with a visit to Falkland Palace.

Scotsman.com News - Scotland - It's two palaces in one day for touring prince
Old 06-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

A speech by HRH The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay to mark 25 years of Scottish Business in the Community, Prestonfield House Hotel, Edinburgh

We are here of course to to help celebrations on two notable fronts; first of all, to recognize the impact which so many businesses are now making on issues of great concern to society, and second, of course, to mark 25 years of Scottish Business in the Community, really a remarkable milestone and about which I will say more in a moment…

The Prince of Wales - A speech by HRH The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay to mark 25 years of Scottish Business in the Community, Prestonfield House Hotel, Edinburgh
Old 06-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Claire Jones to become new Official Harpist to HRH The Prince of Wales

Winner of the Welsh National Eisteddfod 2006, and one of Wales’ brightest young talents, harpist Claire Jones is to become Official Harpist to HRH The Prince of Wales.
Claire will make her debut in the role at a black-tie dinner for Assembly Members, hosted by Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall at Cardiff Castle on Wednesday 6th June.
The post of Official Harpist to HRH The Prince of Wales was reinstated in 2000 to help celebrate and foster musical talent in Wales and to raise the profile of the harp as an instrument. Claire is the third person to take on the role, following in the footsteps of acclaimed harpist Catrin Finch and the current postholder, Jemima Phillips who was appointed in July 2004.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

I was lucky enough to hear this girl play, I love the harp and have to say her music brought tears to my eyes!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales