The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
At least it looked like sugarpaste, though. Even a sword would have a hard time with royal icing unless the cake had been discreety precut.
Swords do quiet well with royal icing, but there is a knack to it.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Swords do quiet well with royal icing, but there is a knack to it.
Would I be wrong in surmising that Charles has had more than a little experience leading to expertise?

Old 05-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

HRH visits the Defence Helicopter Flying School at RAF Shawbury

The Prince of Wales visited the Defence Helicopter Flying School at RAF Shawbury, near Shrewsbury, Shropshire today to help celebrate the school’s 10th anniversary and meet military students and instructors from the Royal Navy, Army and Royal Air Force.

The Prince of Wales - HRH visits the Defence Helicopter Flying School at RAF Shawbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
Would I be wrong in surmising that Charles has had more than a little experience leading to expertise?
Yes, I think you could say he has had plenty of practise.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Royal Highness

Organic farmers see Prince Charles as role model

Tetbury. - Warning. You are now entering a GMO-free zone.

Organic farmers see Prince Charles as role model | UK | Reuters

Prince Charles: Newspapers help to shape local priorities

I could not be more pleased that this year´s Local Newpapers Week will have an environmetal theme .

News & Star
Old 05-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank You for the article milla Ca. It will make a change from the usual rubbish they print!

Prince to attend Holyrood Kirking

The traditional Kirking of the Scottish Parliament is set to take place at St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh as talks continue over the running of Holyrood.

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Prince to attend Holyrood Kirking
Old 05-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Pics 8.5.2007

The Prince of Wales in Edinburgh, 8.5.2007:

The Prince of Wales arrives for the "Kirking of the Parliament" ceremony in St Giles' Cathedral, Edinburgh, ahead of the Third Session at Holyrood.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Old 05-09-2007, 06:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

In Pictures: Kirking of Holyrood

BBC NEWS | In Pictures | In Pictures: Kirking of Holyrood
Old 05-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
In Pictures: Kirking of Holyrood
I am quite puzzled with the term "kirking" of Holyrood. What does that term mean? Does it mean attending the openingof the Scottish Parliament?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I believe it is a church service held before the opening of the Parliament (which I believe is on 30 June).
Old 05-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson
I believe it is a church service held before the opening of the Parliament (which I believe is on 30 June).
Thanks for clarifying that for me. I know that "kirk" relates to church, but I didn't know what "kirking" was.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for sending the pics, icwflower and Skydragon!

Here is the article from the PoW website:

The Prince of Wales - HRH attends the Kirking of the Scottish Parliament

8th May 2007
The Duke of Rothesay attended the Kirking of the Scottish Parliament at St Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Royal Highness

Naval base welcomes royal visitor

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Devon | Naval base welcomes royal visitor

Prince Charles has been watching the Royal Navy´s disaster relief skills in a major training exercises.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson
You are right it is an ecumenical service of blessing, but the Scottish parliament was sworn in today but delayed the opening until the 14th May 2007.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Here are some more pics from today

Prince Charles visits HM Naval base, 9.5.2007:
The Prince of Wales is welcomed aboard HMS Bulwark during a tour of HM Naval Base Davenport in Plymouth.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Old 05-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Thanks, Iceflower. He´s looking very handsome...
I´m looking forward to tomorrow. First event with C+C together since Camillas´s op
Old 05-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal praise for mining heritage

Prince Charles has praised Cornish miners and engineers during a visit to one of Britain's historic mining sites which has achieved global status.

BBC NEWS | England | Cornwall | Royal praise for mining heritage
Old 05-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

An article by The Prince of Wales for the Newspaper Society's Local Newspaper Week (7th – 13th May 2007)

I could not be more pleased that this year’s Local Newspaper Week will have an environmental theme. Local newspapers are at the very heart of the communities they serve and play an extraordinarily important role in shaping local agendas and priorities.

The Prince of Wales - An article by The Prince of Wales for the Newspaper Society's Local Newspaper Week (7th – 13th May 2007)
Old 05-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princely sum for trust would be money well spent

THERE are plenty of groups out there claiming to help small companies, but few can claim to work harder than the Prince's Scottish Youth Business Trust. This Glasgow-based charity, which was set up by Prince Charles in 1989, helps aspiring entrepreneurs aged 26 or under throughout most of Scotland.

Scotsman.com Business - Princely sum for trust would be money well spent
Old 05-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Royal Highness

When i read that the Prince does not join Camilla on the cruise and that he will not spent, like every year, some days at the monastery in Greece, and then today i´ve heard that Harry will not serve in Iraq, i can now imagine that Charles cancelled the trip because of that.
Maybe Harry needs his father now, and Charles doesn´t want to spent some holidays when his son has such a hard time.
But this are only speculations without any source....
Old 05-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
When i read that the Prince does not join Camilla on the cruise and that he will not spent, like every year, some days at the monastery in Greece, and then today i´ve heard that Harry will not serve in Iraq, i can now imagine that Charles cancelled the trip because of that.
Maybe Harry needs his father now, and Charles doesn´t want to spent some holidays when his son has such a hard time.
But this are only speculations without any source....
milla Ca, why don´t you posture as a "royal aid" and sell the story to Daily Mail.I´m pretty sure it will work.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales