The Prince of Wales Current Events 5: April-June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wbenson said:
I believe it is a church service held before the opening of the Parliament (which I believe is on 30 June).
You are right it is an ecumenical service of blessing, but the Scottish parliament was sworn in today but delayed the opening until the 14th May 2007.:scotflag:

Here are some more pics from today :)

Prince Charles visits HM Naval base, 9.5.2007:
The Prince of Wales is welcomed aboard HMS Bulwark during a tour of HM Naval Base Davenport in Plymouth.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Thanks, Iceflower. He´s looking very handsome...:rolleyes:
I´m looking forward to tomorrow. First event with C+C together since Camillas´s op :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Princely sum for trust would be money well spent

THERE are plenty of groups out there claiming to help small companies, but few can claim to work harder than the Prince's Scottish Youth Business Trust. This Glasgow-based charity, which was set up by Prince Charles in 1989, helps aspiring entrepreneurs aged 26 or under throughout most of Scotland.

Scotsman.com Business - Princely sum for trust would be money well spent

When i read that the Prince does not join Camilla on the cruise and that he will not spent, like every year, some days at the monastery in Greece, and then today i´ve heard that Harry will not serve in Iraq, i can now imagine that Charles cancelled the trip because of that.
Maybe Harry needs his father now, and Charles doesn´t want to spent some holidays when his son has such a hard time.
But this are only speculations without any source....;)

milla Ca said:
When i read that the Prince does not join Camilla on the cruise and that he will not spent, like every year, some days at the monastery in Greece, and then today i´ve heard that Harry will not serve in Iraq, i can now imagine that Charles cancelled the trip because of that.
Maybe Harry needs his father now, and Charles doesn´t want to spent some holidays when his son has such a hard time.
But this are only speculations without any source....;)

milla Ca, why don´t you posture as a "royal aid" and sell the story to Daily Mail.:lol:I´m pretty sure it will work.:lol:

hornsen said:
milla Ca, why don´t you posture as a "royal aid" and sell the story to Daily Mail.:lol:I´m pretty sure it will work.:lol:

Not really a compliment to me...:eek:

Last edited:
I think Hornsen was talking with her tongue firmly in her cheek. I wouldn't worry about it!

milla Ca, Elspeth is right. It was a joke. And only about Daily Mail.:flowers:

The Prince of Wales and the Arts Council of Wales announce eight talented recipients for the new Prince of Wales Advanced Study Awards

The first talented young musicians to receive the inaugural The Prince of Wales’s Advanced Study in Music Awards were announced today. Eight young people from across the length and breadth of Wales are to benefit from scholarships of up to £8,000 to fund postgraduate studies at colleges and conservatoires across the world.
The successful candidates for this first award have been named as tenor Owain-Llyr Williams, sopranos Elizabeth Donovan, Caryl Hughes and Glesni Fflur, mezzo soprano Melanie Gowie, harpist Claire Jones and violinists Rhys Watkins and Benjamin Roskams. They will perform together for the first time at a gala dinner hosted by HRH The Prince of Wales at Cardiff Castle to celebrate the new session of the National Assembly for Wales.

thanks for the news. I feel exicting to know that HRH has chosen Lang Lang to play the premium. It is a great honour and it is really very special. And know I am getting more and more perspectives to see how deep his emotional attachment towards the queen mother. Such a nice and lovely grandson of him!

Royal honeymoon pic under hammer

Royal honeymoon pic under hammer

A photograph signed by Diana, Princess of Wales, of her and Prince Charles on honeymoon has been put up for auction.
The photo is to be auctioned in a charity sale next month, organised by Andrea Aston, of Milton Keynes, to raise money for Cancer Research.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | Royal honeymoon pic under hammer

Maybe it's just an unfortunatel angle?

I'm sure Charles will be thrilled to know that his body's been recycled. I can just picture the headlines in the Mirror.

he may be thrilled about this new wax figure but if they didn't dress him as Prince Charles and didn't name him Prince Chares, I would never guess it's him.
The figure has some distinguished rabbit features, in my opinion.

Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales, President of the RCM, at the annual awards ceremony at the Royal College of Music. Prince Charles presented various young people (musicians) with Tagore Gold Medal.
London, England - 22.05.07

Pictures:
Prince Charles
Prince Charles presents cellist Claire Thirion with the Tagore Gold Medal
Prince Charles presents soprani Anna Leese with the Tagore Gold Medal
Prince Charles presents pianist Emmanuel Despax with the Tagore Gold Medal

Gallery of Pictures from Wenn
Gallery of Pictures from Abaca

Last edited:
Pics 24.5.2007

I'm really not sure about that man, milla ;) :)

Prince Charles visits Co Fermanagh. 24 May 2007:
Britain's Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, speaks with members of the
public outside Belleek Pottery in Belleek, Co Fermanagh.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Yikes. Mme Tussaud's didn't do HRH any favors, did they?

When was Mme Tussaud's ever accurate we ask ourselves? Their version of the Queen Mother looked like Baby Sinclair in a hat.

BeatrixFan said:
When was Mme Tussaud's ever accurate we ask ourselves? Their version of the Queen Mother looked like Baby Sinclair in a hat.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
...don´t know the Queen Mum sculpture. But can imagine now.

That wax sculpture is about 20% Prince Charles and 80% some other dude who bears a striking resemblance. The Queen's sculpture is alright, but the hair looks dodgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom