The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Could someone explain how Kate Moss is an "influential person"?
Apart from notoriety and a dubious boyfriend, what exactly has she contributed to the public debate?
Goodness Warren, you are being picky, wanting an explanation or a reason!

Old 04-17-2007, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Could someone explain how Kate Moss is an "influential person"?
Apart from notoriety and a dubious boyfriend, what exactly has she contributed to the public debate?
Heroin chic? Anorexia? Bulemia?

Beats trying to save the British way of life or the planet for that matter!

Old 04-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Suffolk artist's royal commission (artilce includes small picture of Miss Barclay in front of the Portrait)

Georgina Barclay was commissioned by the Black Watch to paint Prince Charles wearing the uniform of Colonel in Chief
When Georgina Barclay was a child she was told off for drawing on her bedroom wallpaper.
Today she is an accomplished artist, preparing to unveil her portrait of the Prince of Wales in front of the heir to the throne today (April 17) at his home in Birkhall, Scotland.
Miss Barclay, of Waldringfield, is the youngest artist to be commissioned to paint an English Royal.

She was handpicked by the Prince of Wales.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Now that is some sporran!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Now that is some sporran!

I like the look of that painting, from what I can see. I hope we get to see a better shot of it.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

A portrait of The Prince of Wales in Black Watch uniform is released

The Prince of Wales revealed a unique piece of regimental history yesterday when he unveiled a painting of himself wearing the No1 Dress uniform of The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment).

The Prince of Wales - A portrait of The Prince of Wales in Black Watch uniform is released
Old 04-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Royal Highness

How nice! The Prince looks always great in uniform, in reality and in a good painting. This uniform seems to be a very special one, it fits him well and the portrait is a nice picture.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn

I like the look of that painting, from what I can see. I hope we get to see a better shot of it.
There is one on the Prince's website, but you can't enlarge, so all you get is a thumbnail.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:25 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Larry King's regret
"Prince Charles has turned down all of my requests. I keep trying, though." Larry King Live host LARRY KING regrets he can't name the heir to the British throne among the 40,000 people he has interviewed during his 50 years as a broadcaster.[/quote]

Perhaps HRH knows how many times Larry has hosted that awful Kitty Kelley -- and how little prep work Larry does for his royal pieces. He always asks the most meaningless questions. (I wouldn't go on Larry King, either.)
Old 04-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Larry King's regret
"Prince Charles has turned down all of my requests. I keep trying, though." Larry King Live host LARRY KING regrets he can't name the heir to the British throne among the 40,000 people he has interviewed during his 50 years as a broadcaster.
Quote:
Perhaps HRH knows how many times Larry has hosted that awful Kitty Kelley -- and how little prep work Larry does for his royal pieces. He always asks the most meaningless questions. (I wouldn't go on Larry King, either.)
I've watched Larry King and his interviews aren't always that good. They don't seem to ask the right questions or the questions are sometimes incomplete, IMO. I think 60 Minutes should interview Prince Charles. By the way, are there any recent interviews of the Prince and Duchess that ran on the UK/Scotland/Ireland television that is available as a download on the internet?
Old 04-21-2007, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha

I've watched Larry King and his interviews aren't always that good. They don't seem to ask the right questions or the questions are sometimes incomplete, IMO. I think 60 Minutes should interview Prince Charles. By the way, are there any recent interviews of the Prince and Duchess that ran on the UK/Scotland/Ireland television that is available as a download on the internet?
60 minutes did interview Charles and it was awful.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

HRH The Prince Of Wales visited Toxteth town hall in Liverpool to meet community groups and multi-faith representetives.The Prince watched a traditional mummers play where George slays the dragon. Stacey Youngs played the dragon, and Mohamed Jama played St George. 23 Apr 2007

Pictures:
Prince Charles 1
Prince Charles 2
Prince Charles 3

Gallery of pictures from Isifa.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-23-2007, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal visit marks city's birthday

The Prince of Wales has officially reopened Liverpool's St George's Hall following its 23m makeover.
Prince Charles, in the city to mark its 800th birthday, described the restored hall as one of the finest examples of neo-classical architecture in Europe. After the ceremony, the prince was awarded an honorary fellowship from Liverpool John Moores University.

You can watch the video of Prince Charles, reopening St George's Hall and receiving an honorary fellowship here ---> BBC News Player - Prince Charles reopens hall
Old 04-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank You for the articles and links Avalon. He certainly talks a lot of sense, but then he always did, IMO.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

The Prince of Wales visits Liverpool on St Georges day to mark the citys 800th anniversary
23rd April

The Prince of Wales - The Prince of Wales visits Liverpool on St George's Day to mark the city's 800th anniversary

Thank you for the pics and other infos Avalon!
The Prince looks great, i think he had a nice time in Scotland!
Old 04-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

You're both welcome Ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
He certainly talks a lot of sense, but then he always did, IMO.
Of course he did. It's just people started listening to him only recently.
Prince Charles is fighting for worthy causes and it's good he is appreciated now.

Another Gallery of Pictures from Getty.
I just Love this picture!
Old 04-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

He even made the picture of the skeleton smile, what an effect this chap has on everything!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I have yet to see a picture, where people around Prince Charles are not smiling.

Abaca has a great gallery of pictures, with some new and great ones.
I love these ones.

Nice Robes!
Where is my gum? Maybe it's here... (in reality Prince Charles is looking at a busket filled with artificially-scented brown fluid, which is to give visitors to the cells bellow St George's Hall a more 'authentic' experience)
Have you seen this trick with watches? (in reality Prince Charles is with Erol Graham, one of the first recipients of the Prince's Trust Award 30 years ago)
Old 04-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Courtier

Charles shows off Rasta Watch during Liverpool trip

Charles shows off Rasta watch during Liverpool trip

and more pics..

-
Old 04-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Royal Highness

The Prince visits a hostel for ex-servicemen in Stepney, London
24th April

The Prince of Wales - The Prince visits a hostel for ex-servicemen in Stepney, London

Current and former residents, many of whom were living on the streets before they arrived at New Belvedere House in Stepney, told the Prince about the support they had received at the Ex- Service Fellowship Centres Hostel.

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales