The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I will think of you as I munch!
That's actually quite cruel! *pout*

All I have to console myself is one of those indestructible flavourless modern things that masquerade as apples roday. I think they are actually manufactured in supermarkets and aren't real apples at all.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:56 AM
Royal Highness

Charles takes step towards throne

Prince Charles is to join the Queen at a meeting of Commonwealth leaders - in a move widely interpreted for him to becomes King.

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: News / Showbiz :: Charles takes step towards throne

Charles takes a step towards throne with Queen´s invitation

(...) It is extremely unusual for the Queen and Prince Charles to untertake foreign engagements in the same country.

Charles takes a step towards throne with Queen's invitation

Old 04-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
It seems to be a question of supply, because they are not available in bulk to be grown commercially, the EC have decided none of us can have them. We still have a few Cox's Orange Pippin tree's, most people haven't even heard of them, or had a chance to try the fruits.
This is the silliest thing I ever heard of. Home gardeners have different needs than big commercial farms.

A regular home gardener with a small backyard and average size family doesn't need a plant that can withstand all weather conditions and produce bumper crops.

The majority of plants available to the home gardener today were designed for big commercial operations and produce too many vegetables than can be comfortably eaten by the average family. A lot of the vegetables go to waste.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 04-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
This is the silliest thing I ever heard of. Home gardeners have different needs than big commercial farms.
Not according to Europe! Some people would rather mock Charles, than realise the want's and needs of the 'little people'. Years ago Charles was telling us all about the dangers of climate change, the benefits of organic foods, complementary medicines and only now are a lot more people understanding the truth of what he says.

Many people love the old architecture in our towns, it is only the 'experts' that love the modernistic buildings that rob the towns and cities of their identity, or admire the junk exhibited for the Turner prize. grrrrrrrr

Because some people only read the headline, they never know the substance of what Charles is saying.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Many people love the old architecture in our towns, it is only the 'experts' that love the modernistic buildings that rob the towns and cities of their identity, or admire the junk exhibited for the Turner prize. grrrrrrrr
I was in Frankfurt Germany years ago and my sister felt the same way. While walking along the river next to the 500 year old buildings, she turned to me and said that they needed to knock all those buildings done and build new ones. I almost died! She didn't have much to say about it again when visiting Switzerland later in the year because I gave her an earful. I love those beautiful villages from the British Isles to Germany and on to Italy and Czech Republic, etc etc., I would hate to see them go. I especially enjoyed sleeping in the old buildings that were turned into hotels.

I appreciate Charles in championing in to the saving of European classical architecture. I love the modern too, but they can be built outside a radius like what has been done in Paris keeping the inner city of Paris void of glass towers.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:04 AM
Courtier

Foreward by HRH Prince Charles
http://www.countrylife.co.uk/blogs/p...e_Charles.html
HRH Prince Charles talks of his pride in the National Trust's work and also of its challenges for the future in his foreward to Country Life's dedicated National Trust issue out April 5
Old 04-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

City celebrations get royal boost
Prince Charles is to take part in Liverpool's 800th birthday celebrations later this month.

BBC NEWS | England | Merseyside | City celebrations get royal boost

Celebrating a grant for hospice
STAFF at Cotswold Care Hospice, are celebrating after receiving a £600,000 Government grant towards the cost of building a care centre..

Celebrating A Grant For Hospice (from Gazette Series)
Old 04-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles gets honorary fellowship

Prince Charles gets honorary fellowship | Breaking News | News | Telegraph

(...) Heir to the throne Charles is to collect the accolade during a visit to Liverpool on April 23.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Not according to Europe! Some people would rather mock Charles, than realise the want's and needs of the 'little people'. Years ago Charles was telling us all about the dangers of climate change, the benefits of organic foods, complementary medicines and only now are a lot more people understanding the truth of what he says.

Because some people only read the headline, they never know the substance of what Charles is saying.
All of this is so true. The "big commerical" excuse is just corporate hogwash translated as "We don't want to invest the money in change."
They mock Charles as way of avoiding their own responsibility to listen to him.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
A surprisingly good article all told. Thank You for posting it Avalon.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

My subject was 'completely inspiring', says young artist who painted Prince Charles

Prince Charles has suffered at the hands of artists in the past.
David Hockney famously accentuated his ears and a Ukrainian artist once depicted him as a kind of Blues Brothers character.

My subject was 'completely inspiring', says young artist who painted Prince Charles | the Daily Mail
Old 04-13-2007, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
A surprisingly good article all told. Thank You for posting it Avalon.
You're most welcome.
This is indeed a nice article that reviews all the years of fight and indeed, ridicule Prince Charles had to go through, before his work was acknowledge.
It's amusing that the man described as 'old-fashioned' has long been voicing opinions and pushing forward projects now called 'progressive'.

Larry King's regret
"Prince Charles has turned down all of my requests. I keep trying, though." Larry King Live host LARRY KING regrets he can't name the heir to the British throne among the 40,000 people he has interviewed during his 50 years as a broadcaster.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
This seem to be the opinion of everyone, who has met the Prince personally - charming.
A drool factor of 9 perhaps!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:38 PM

I've heard that his attention to detail is impeccable, and that's why he is a fabulous host, making people feel charmed and cared for. I think, on the flipside, he can be a nightmare of a guest though! Imagine the pressure on the host who has to receive him! I've heard that even though loads of people love him, no one wants him as a house guest, too much WORK! To say nothing of the royal protection squad patrolling the host's corridors, checking for bombs and stuff.... I bet he's as charming as everyone says, including his sons, but the "royal" bit (I could use another word that rhymns) must be a pain in the rear for all the "lucky" souls in the Highgrove Set.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I've heard that his attention to detail is impeccable, and that's why he is a fabulous host, making people feel charmed and cared for. I think, on the flipside, he can be a nightmare of a guest though! Imagine the pressure on the host who has to receive him! I've heard that even though loads of people love him, no one wants him as a house guest, too much WORK! To say nothing of the royal protection squad patrolling the host's corridors, checking for bombs and stuff.... I bet he's as charming as everyone says, including his sons, but the "royal" bit (I could use another word that rhymns) must be a pain in the rear for all the "lucky" souls in the Highgrove Set.
Once Camilla is around him, everything will be fine. So just let the host invites both Charles and Camilla, everyone will be happier. Camilla certainly can make people happier in parties.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
This seem to be the opinion of everyone, who has met the Prince personally - charming.
A special ability of the Prince seems to be that when he talks to you, he focuses his whole attention on you. He gives somebody the feeling that he/she is (for a moment) the most important person for him.
That makes him very special and when he looks at you with his really beautiful eyes, you melted away...
Old 04-15-2007, 06:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I think, on the flipside, he can be a nightmare of a guest though! Imagine the pressure on the host who has to receive him! I've heard that even though loads of people love him, no one wants him as a house guest, too much WORK! (shortened post)
Everyone has friends with extra demands that they have to cater for and I am sure his real friends don't mind going the extra mile to ensure his stay is a pleasure for everyone.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles took the 25th spot in Guardian Unlimited's list of Britain's top 50 most influential people who are not elected.

Guardian Unlimited Politics top 50: the full list | Special Reports | Guardian Unlimited Politics
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-17-2007, 05:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Prince Charles took the 25th spot in Guardian Unlimited's list of Britain's top 50 most influential people who are not elected.

Guardian Unlimited Politics top 50: the full list | Special Reports | Guardian Unlimited Politics
It doesn't say a lot that these (to name a couple) are in front of Charles! Paul Dacre, Simon Cowell, Sir Richard Branson, Sir Alex Ferguson, Kate Moss.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Could someone explain how Kate Moss is an "influential person"?
Apart from notoriety and a dubious boyfriend, what exactly has she contributed to the public debate?

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales