The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales current events 4: January - April 2007

Welcome to the Prince of Wales current events thread part 4,

commencing 27 January 2007

Part 3, November 2006 - January 2007 can be found here.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The royal editor of the News of the World has been jailed for four months for plotting to intercept voicemail messages left for royal aides.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6301243.stm

Map for the British Royals
Old 01-26-2007, 01:53 PM

Four months? Was it worth the trial?
Old 01-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
The royal editor of the News of the World has been jailed for four months for plotting to intercept voicemail messages left for royal aides
BBC NEWS | UK | Pair jailed over royal phone taps
Brilliant, he will probably be out in 1 month, but it should come as quite a shock to his system!
The PI got 6 months.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Royal Highness

Four month in jail, not enough, but some time to think about what he had done...if he has a rest of moral standards.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I must admit I am glad that he was actually sentences. Let it be a warning for the Media (paparazzi) in general.

Wenn has a gallery of pictures of Prince Charles and Camilla's new house in Wales.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-28-2007, 05:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Rattray murder shocks Prince Charles

Britain's Prince Charles expressed shock on Saturday at the murder of South African historian David Rattray, a royal official said.

iafrica.com | news | sa news Rattray murder shocks Prince Charles
Old 01-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Rattray murder shocks Prince Charles

Britain's Prince Charles expressed shock on Saturday at the murder of South African historian David Rattray, a royal official said.

iafrica.com | news | sa news Rattray murder shocks Prince Charles
Very sad to read that.
I never heard about David Rattray before. Was he really a good friend of the Prince or only somebody he knows slightly for many years?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Very sad to read that.
I never heard about David Rattray before. Was he really a good friend of the Prince or only somebody he knows slightly for many years?
Apparently, they were very good friends.

IOL

"Young said Rattray shared a close friendship with the British royals, especially Prince Charles, who visited him at Fugitives' Drift Lodge with his son Prince Harry"
Old 01-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles' shock as best friend is murdered

The Prince of Wales was shocked and stunned, after hearing that one of his best friends had been gunned down and killed by robbers at his home in the South African bush. Historian and hotelier David Rattray and his wife Nicky were attacked in their farmhouse when six men burst in demanding money.

Prince Charles was told about Mr Rattray's death as he commenced a two-day visit to New York and Philadelphia with the Duchess of Cornwall.
A Clarence House spokesman, who is accompanying the Royal couple, said: The Prince of Wales just heard about it and, needless to say, he is shocked and stunned.
"They knew each other very well and had met on a number of occasions in South Africa and the UK." Later, the Prince personally telephoned Mr Rattray's wife from America to offer his condolences.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

No Charles, but his bodyguards press on with £8,000 ski jaunt

When Prince Charles cancelled his annual skiing holiday to Klosters, environmentalists applauded his decision to stay at home and help cut greenhouse gases.

No Charles, but his bodyguards press on with £8,000 ski jaunt | the Daily Mail

Old 01-30-2007, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
No Charles, but his bodyguards press on with £8,000 ski jaunt

When Prince Charles cancelled his annual skiing holiday to Klosters, environmentalists applauded his decision to stay at home and help cut greenhouse gases.

No Charles, but his bodyguards press on with £8,000 ski jaunt | the Daily Mail

That's not true, is it?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

It would appear it is. I am surprised that they haven't 'turned' it, to blame Charles!
Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

CHARLES GETS GO AHEAD FOR MINI MANSION

Since Prince Charles bought the run-down 900-acre Harewood Park estate in Herefordshire seven years ago, speculation has been rife he is planning to build a first home for Prince William and his future wife in its grounds. Now the Prince has been given the go-ahead to start work on a six-bedroom mansion in the spring, which would no doubt suit rural-loving Wills and his girlfriend Kate Middleton down to the ground.

An artist's impression of what the eco-friendly property on the Harewood Estate could look like once it's finished - picture
Old 01-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince backs Wales music scholarships

A new scholarship scheme aimed at helping Wales's most outstanding young musical talent, funded by HRH The Prince of Wales and The Arts Council of Wales, is launched today.
The Prince of Wales's Advanced Study Awards in Music will award a maximum of five annual scholarships of up to £8,000.

Prince Charles is actually a 'hologrammatic visitor from Cyberspace'!

Prince Charles hit back at critics who accused him of 'green hypocrisy' for flying to America with a 20-strong entourage to collect an environmental award by joking that he was actually a 'hologrammatic visitor from Cyberspace'.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Royal Highness

I could watch some parts of the event in New York, where the Prince received the award on TV.
And i think it was very sweet when Meryl Streep told in her speech that she wants to merry the Prince of Wales when she was a little girl.
And Charles answered in his own speech that only to hear this statement makes the trip worth for him...
Old 01-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
I could watch some parts of the event in New York, where the Prince received the award on TV.
And i think it was very sweet when Meryl Streep told in her speech that she wants to merry the Prince of Wales when she was a little girl.
And Charles answered in his own speech that only to hear this statement makes the trip worth for him...
I wonder what Camilla had to say to him after that speech...
Old 01-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Probably that as a little girl she was hoping that too
Old 01-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Aristocracy

Its just too bad that they visited the US twice since their wedding and The Prince of Wales didn't even bother coming up north to present his wife to his future subjects. After all, she might one day be Queen Consort of Canada.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Probably that she wants to make merry with him, too....

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales