The Prince of Wales Current Events 4: January-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
milla Ca said:
I posted the article only because of the information that the Prince and the Duchess started their Easter break today...by privat flight:lol:...and that they are now in Scotland, at Birkhall.

And there´s their 2nd anniversary soon...May be we´ll seen a visit to church. I really hope it.

thanks for the news, Milla Ca. I am just happy to see Camilla again in the public. What a endearing decison of Prince Charles and certainly it is understandable that he would ensure that Camilla has been properly looked after and did not suffer from any bad travel conditions.

Charles accused of ´green hypocrisy´

The Prince of Wales´s aides have defended his decision to fly by private jet to Scotland for an Easter Break with the Duchess of Cornwall yesterday, saying it was necessary because of his wife´s health.
(...) ´´In this case the key consideration was the Duchess´s recuperation from her recent operation. The Duchess travelled with a nurse. ´´

Charles accused of 'green hypocrisy' | Uk News | News | Telegraph

Last edited:
milla Ca said:
Charles accused of ´green hypocrisy´

The Prince of Wales´s aides have defended his decision to fly by private jet to Scotland for an Easter Break with the Duchess of Cornwall yesterday,
saying it was necessary because of his wife´s health.
(...) ´´In this case the key consideration was the Duchess´s recuperation from her recent operation. The Duchess travelled with a nurse. ´´

Charles accused of 'green hypocrisy' | Uk News | News | Telegraph

I have always used a plane when traveling to Scotland from London as do most other travellers if they want to save time. That's why these planes are called "shuttle services".... Stupid idea to blame the prince for using means of transport that any citizen can use as well.

Jo of Palatine said:
I have always used a plane when traveling to Scotland from London as do most other travellers if they want to save time.
Most of us do, being stuck on the M1/M6 or A1 isn't any sensible persons idea of 'fun'.

I have to wonder how the reporter and indeed the editors of these papers travel to their Easter holiday destination? :rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
Most of us do, being stuck on the M1/M6 or A1 isn't any sensible persons idea of 'fun'.

I have to wonder how the reporter and indeed the editors of these papers travel to their Easter holiday destination? :rolleyes:

Maybe by bus.:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jo of Palatine said:
What an illogical article...

Illogical is par for the course when it comes to reporting on the royals in the newspapers...

Skydragon said:

And with so many cars stuck in traffic, that is not very good for the environment either. All of those cars just sitting there is very bad. And you suppose these people stuck in their cars would move over simply because Charles(and maybe a small entourage) want to go on through, I don't think so.

Last edited:
RAF jet/Queens Flight .75 minutes in the air, 15 minutes 'check in' approx.
BA 1.15 minutes in the air, 1 hour check in, approx and if there are no delays
12-14 hours in the car (traffic is always bad on Fridays, especially as the English schools broke up for the spring break), driver would need to take at least 2 breaks to comply with safety recommendations.
Coach/Bus :ohmy: I did it once and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!
Horsedrawn Carriage, Motorbike, Bicycle.....

I firmly believe he took the right mode of transport!

Skydragon said:
I firmly believe he took the right mode of transport!
What did they expect them to do? Queue for a bus or train? I just bet every other traveller, inconvenienced by the "security precautions" involved would just love it. Same with a convoy of cars on the motorway. :bang:

What a bunch of lazy journo's. Not one of them did their homework on the ramifications of each mode of transport. :wacko:

As for carting Camilla around in less than comfortable conditions... well what would each of them do for their loved ones.:glare:

I'm sure technically it would be more PC to forego all air travel, especially for a Green, Eco loving Prince, but it's just so difficult to effect in practice, for anyone. I'm satisfied with CH's official explanation. Recovering from a hysterechtomy(sp?) is a terrible experience, which I am too young to know from personal experience, but I have seen enough intimate family members experience it to understand that the Duchess can be excused for opting for the most convenient means of travel. I think the Prince seems to be cutting back where possible. It is good of him to forego air travel to polo matches, hehe! :rolleyes:

Closed thread

Time to close this thread.

The new thread (Part 5) of the Current Events of the Prince of Wales can be found here,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom