The Prince of Wales Current Events 4: January-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Dont care what anyone says He does a bloody lot for his country and will make a fine King :)

milla Ca said:
Channel 4 programmes: Dispatches
12th March 2007

Clarence House today published on its website copies of the two letters which Sir Micheal Peat, The Prince of Wales´s Principal Private Secretary, has sent in response to questions from Channel 4´s Dispatches programmes.

The Prince of Wales - Channel 4 programme: Dispatches

Honestly, such a long, detailed refutation only serves to show that the Prince is taking this stuff seriously. A comment along the lines that the allegations are too ridiculous to take seriously might have been a better response.

Here is another pic from today : Prince Charles by the River Thames to promote the British Tourism Week, London, Britain - 12 Mar 2007

Charles

I actually watched the programme and was not surprised at the way 'facts' were distorted or omitted by the reporter. The calibre of the people against Charles was laughable, Elaine Day, sacked for not doing her job properly as I recall, ex(?) MP Hattersley, 2 declared republican MP's. A professor who it seems decided against telling anyone in authority of his disagreement with what everyone else in the report had said, but contacted a paper and was rebuked for his breach of a confidentiality agreement. Even the way they presented the replies from Clarence House to their questions was a hatchet job on Charles.
:bang: :bang:

I agree with his views on architecture, agriculture, with his business sense, that complimentary medicines can save the NHS money and be used together for the benefit of the patient. Even the 'story' of the family that gave up a house on the Scilly Isles that was then decorated and let for holidays was not the full story.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
Remote, are they joking? It is a short drive to Aberdeen airport! :rolleyes: Oh and it's not in the Highlands!

First the same source wrote that The Prince and Camilla will move to Birkhall and give up Highgrove, now they say Charles built up a new house in Scotland...´ a love nest´... what next?

A speech by The Prince of Wales for the launch of British Tourism Week at the Tower of London

Mr Rodrigues, Ladies and Gentlemen, as Patron of the inaugural British Tourism Week, I could not be more pleased to be here today to celebrate one of this country’s great success stories.

I cannot think of a better place to host this event than here in the Tower of London, one of Britain’s most enduring and distinctive places, and to which tourists flock in their thousands - mostly to see the famous Yeoman Warders, as far as I can make out!

Of course, tourism is about far more than the big attractions. Hotels, bed and breakfasts, restaurants and other attractions are just as important and play a crucial role in an industry worth nearly £75 billion and employing nearly one and a half million people. Indeed, tourism is our fifth biggest industry and in areas, such as Cumbria, the South West of England or the Highlands, it is far and away the most important.

From the PoW website:

Channel 4 programme: Dispatches

Clarence House today published on its website copies of the two letters which Sir Michael Peat, The Prince of Wales’s Principal Private Secretary, has sent in response to questions from Channel 4’s Dispatches programme.
The letters deal with all the points raised with Clarence House by the makers of the programme, including the central criticism that The Prince “meddles” in politics and this could lead to a constitutional crisis when be becomes King.

Sir Michael Peat's first letter
Sir Michael Peat's second letter

Prince Charles comes out fighting in row over his political role

Prince Charles last night {the 12th} angrily denied claims that his wide-spread 'political meddling' has made him unfit to rule.

In an unprecedented 33-page statement, the heir to the throne definitely insisted he has a right to share his views on issues of national importance with Government ministers and revealed that he will not sit around 'just waiting to be king'.

More here...
Charles has shoes flown 3,000 miles to match Camilla's dress
Prince who can't help interfering
Hypocrite Prince Charles' own brand food unhealthier than Big Macs

Charles was goaded into making his feelings known by allegations, due to be broadcast in a television documentary tonight, that he could plunge Britain into a constitutional crisis if he continues to interfere in matters of state.

But he insisted that he knows his constitutional obligations and that while he is currently entitled to make his views known on a range of public policy issues, his behaviour will change when he ascends the throne.

The Daily Mail isn't exactly fond of the Windsors, but these latest articles are all over the map!

HRH holds a reception at Clarence House for Age Concern volunteers
14th March 2007

The Prince of Wales hosted a reception for Age Concern volunteers of all ages at Clarence House.

The Prince of Wales - HRH holds a reception at Clarence House for Age Concern volunteers

Windsor hails Prince's 'sex appeal' / ( This article was posted from Skydragon and not from me! I don´t know why it appears here. I´m sorry Skydragon!)

Actress Barbara Windsor praised the Prince of Wales's "sex appeal" as she revealed she had a soft spot for the heir to the throne.

http://www.blackpooltoday.co.uk/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=2122035&sectionid=4070

Last edited:
Here are some pics from today: Prince Charles at a reception for Age Concern at Clarence House on March 14, 2007 in London, England

Charles 1
Charles 2
Click here for the whole gallery of pics!

We need ´meddlers´ like Charles

We need 'meddlers' like Charles | Dt Opinion | Opinion | Telegraph

In a society that has lost confidence in its politicians, in which barely half the electorate bother to vote at elections, Charles -for all his flaws - has become an alternative voice. When he finally does become King and falls silent to contemplate his reservoirs and aqueducts of duty, we may miss yet his meddling.

I'd love to meet Prince Charles one day. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. Anyone who can make organic gardening sound interesting gets my vote. :lol:

CHARLES ADMIRES TV PRESENTER'S BOTTOM

PRINCE CHARLES has heaped praise on the visual delights of a British television presenter's bottom.

Ms Sarpong is probably fine until she decides to speak! :ohmy:

Prince of Wales to visit fens

THE Prince of Wales is set to visit the site of a huge fen expansion project near Peterborough.
The Great Fen Project aims to restore more than 3,000 hectares of fenland habitat between Peterborough and Huntingdon, reconnecting Woodwalton and Holme Fens

A private place to reconnect with nature

In the final extract from HRH the Prince of Wales's new book, Stephanie Donaldson visits Birkhall

"A similar story to that of Clarence House is to be told at Birkhall, in Scotland, where a larger garden in a similar condition, although with a wholly different climate, needs the same breath of life to re-kindle its dynamic aspects. My darling wife has a keen eye for this garden and also for the cutting garden, from which she conjures exquisite flower arrangements. Sharing in this evolutionary process of natural gardening is a pleasure that I would encourage all who read this book to undertake." HRH The Prince of Wales

Skydragon said:
"A similar story to that of Clarence House is to be told at Birkhall, in Scotland, where a larger garden in a similar condition, although with a wholly different climate, needs the same breath of life to re-kindle its dynamic aspects. My darling wife has a keen eye for this garden and also for the cutting garden, from which she conjures exquisite flower arrangements. Sharing in this evolutionary process of natural gardening is a pleasure that I would encourage all who read this book to undertake." HRH The Prince of Wales

That's really sweet. And he is right, of course. It's wonderful to have a spouse who loves to go to garden shops, tree or flower nurseries and flower shows, who shares the fun on reading garden mags and helps with all the planing, work and delight that a garden has to offer. One who appreciates flower arrangements, discusses colours and smell of roses with oneself and surprises one with another beautiful English garden sculpture on returning from a trip to London, even though the potteries are heavy and have to be handled with care on the flight back... Well, I have found such a garden fan and I know how wonderful it is to be able to share the love of gardening in marriage. Good for TRH, too!:flowers:

Thank you for the nice pics and articles iceflower and Skydragon!:flowers:
_______
The Prince of Wales presented awards to inspiring young people and volunteers at The Prince´s Trust Celebrate Success Awards at the Barbican in London today.
15th March

The Prince of Wales - HRH presents awards to inspiring young people at The Prince's Trust Celebrate Success Awards

Charles to greet new neighbours
The Prince of Wales will meet some of his new neighbours during a visit to the small village that borders his Welsh country home.

BBC NEWS | UK | Wales | South West Wales | Charles meets his new neighbours

Prince Charles visits the National Botanical Gardens of Wales
16th March

Britain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

Last edited by a moderator:
You are most welcome :flowers:
Here is another gallery of pics of Charles today, visting the National Botanical Gardens --> pics

If you look at this pic, you may think that Charles had some problems with the pollen ;)

A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales at a reception at the National Botanic Garden of Wales

First of all I would like to thank you for this honorary fellowship. The Fellowship scheme, launched today, is an important way in which individuals in particular can develop their support for the Botanic Garden and its activities, and I am delighted to be asked to be its first member. I hope to be a jolly good honorary fellow!

Campaigner quotes prince in homes battle

Cllr Terry Henderson used the royal's words during a day-long debate over planning permission for the West of Waterlooville Major Development Area.
Quoting the heir to the throne, Cllr Henderson said: 'If we don't protest against the development of ancient green field areas what will be left in our lifetime for those who come after us to enjoy?

Fresh veg and Cockney slang for Prince Charles as he visits a Kent farm
The Prince of Wales on Tuesday visited a Kent farm which supplies food to his table.

Fresh veg and Cockney slang for Prince Charles as he visits a Kent farm

HRH visits Bank Farm and Rochester Cathedral in Kent
20th March
The Prince of Wales visited Kent today to see a farm which supplies food to Clarence House and to attend a fundraising concert with Jools Holland at Rochester Cathedral.

The Prince of Wales - HRH visits Bank Farm and Rochester Cathedral in Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom