The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales visits the Charterhouse buildings, a residential community of single men over sixty years of age, on February 14, 2007 in London, England.

Pictures:
Prince Charles
Prince Charles 2
Prince Charles 3

Gallery of pictures from Wenn
Gallery of pictures from getty

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the pics Avalon!

Here is the article from the PoW website:

The Prince of Wales - The Prince visits the Charterhouse in Clerkenwell, London

Old 02-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you Avalon and milla Ca for the pictures and the write up! Charles looks in fine fettle, laughing and joking. I would love to have seen the monastery back when it was built.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

You are most welcome ladies!

Prince Charles greets President Hamid Karzai of Afghanistan and Afghanistans Minister of Foreign Affairs Dr Rangin Dadfar Spanta at Clarence House in London, Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2007.
President Karzai urged Britain to support his plan to target Taliban fighters crossing Pakistan's border during talks Wednesday with Prime Minister Tony Blair.

Pictures:
Prince Charles, Hamid Karzai and Rangin Spanta
Prince Charles and Hamid Karzai
Prince Charles, Hamid Karzai
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm appalled at grammar schools axe in Ulster, says Charles

The Prince of Wales last night expressed his horror at moves to axe grammar schools in Northern Ireland. Speaking to the principal of Limavady Grammar School at a Clarence House reception for cooks and head teachers, Prince Charles is reported to have spoken about his concern at plans to overhaul the secondary education system, which would spell the end of grammar schools across the province.

I'm appalled at grammar schools axe in Ulster, says Charles - Local & National - News - Belfast Telegraph
Old 02-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Royal Highness

Viewpoint: Parent´s fears mirrored by Royal anxiety

Although the Royal Family usually buttons its lips on matters of Government policy, The Prince of Wales evidently supported the battle for survival of grammar schools in Northern Ireland.

Viewpoint: Parents' fears mirrored by Royal anxiety - Opinion - News - Belfast Telegraph
Old 02-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince's hospital loses manager

A Cotswolds hospital which was saved from closure by Prince Charles has lost its manager.

BBC NEWS | England | Gloucestershire | Prince's hospital loses manager
Old 02-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Royal Highness

Picasso, Bacon, Dali, Chagall, Warhol, and now...Wales

Picasso, Bacon, Dali, Chagall, Warhol, and now ... Wales | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited
Old 02-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Royal Highness

Original art by Prince Charles that is printed on a Chateau Rothschild wine lables is put on display at Sotheby´s Auctions House in New York.
February 23,2007

Yahoo! News Photo

Winemaking Industry on Yahoo! News Photos
Old 03-02-2007, 05:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

'Stop using my Three Feathers'

PRINCE CHARLES has launched an astonishing clampdown on the use of the famous Three Feathers symbol.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:03 PM

Charles is off to my old school on the 8th and my sister's been chosen to meet him in a line-up of 10 kids from her yeargroup. I am seething and may well have to committ sibling-a-cide.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:02 AM
Courtier

If you manage to dispose of your sister and take her place, be sure to give a wave to the photographers!
Old 03-04-2007, 05:19 AM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to your sister BeatrixFan ,maybe you can be the 11th pupil in the group and shake hands with HRH...

Charles´ fitness to be King questioned

Prince Charles is looked in a bitter dispute with television bosses over a program that questions his fitness to be King.

Charles' fitness to be king questioned*-*World*-*The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

My comment to this program of Channel 4:
Old 03-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
My comment to this program of Channel 4:
Don't worry too much milla Ca, very few people take much notice of anything this channel does. They tend to use 'adjusted' facts and figures to suit their programme. I wonder where they will slot it, between repeats of Eurotrash or Big Brother!
Old 03-05-2007, 05:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charles accused of meddling in politics

Prince Charles has been accused of meddling in politics again by promoting alternative remedies around Westminster.

Charles accused of meddling in politics | News | This is London

- - - - - - -
I think we need Charles to interfere on many issues.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Aristocracy

I just wish when he does interfere that the people in his public relations stable would be more wary of his image to the future. I think most of the time his ideas are quite spot on but the way that it his ideas are communicatiated to the public always seems to cast him in a bad light.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:01 PM

Charles promotes holistic health, certain political figures sell honours. Boy that Charles is a bad man.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 5.3.2007

Charles visited community projects in Harlesden today:

The Prince of Wales visited one of the country's most deprived areas today to see how retailers and residents are benefiting from community projects. Charles saw how shops and outlets on Harlesden High Street in north west London are promoting themselves in their area and across the capital in Harlesden, north west London, UK, on March 5, 2007

Charles 1
Charles 2
More pics can be seen here!
Old 03-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Charles promotes holistic health, certain political figures sell honours. Boy that Charles is a bad man.

Send him to the Tower!
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Send him to the Tower!
That would surely be a great new tourist attraction

Here is another picture gallery from getty with pics from today, I can easily imagine Charles making a joke about the need of wearing a peruke
Prince Charles Visits Local Businesses And Community Groups

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales