The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

If Charles is King, Australians Ponder Republic

Many adults in Australia believe the abolition of the monarchy should be considered after the reign of Queen Elizabeth II is over, according to a Newspoll published in The Australian.

If Charles is King, Australians Ponder Republic: Angus Reid Global Monitor

Old 02-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal patronage for island trust

Prince Charles has agreed to become the first royal patron of the National Trust for Jersey.

BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Jersey | Royal patronage for island trust

Old 02-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 1.02.2007

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales speaks during a reception held by The Prince's Foundation for members of the Home Builders Federation on February 1, 2007 in London, England. (Photos by POOL/ Tim Graham Picture Library/Getty Images)

Charles 1
Charles 2
More here!
Old 02-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lovely pictures iceflower, thank you!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles' despair at Rattray's murder

A tribute from the Prince of Wales was read at the funeral of David Rattray, the murdered Anglo-Zulu war expert, yesterday. In it he drew a parallel with the loss of his great uncle, Earl Mountbatten, who was also murdered.

Rattray was a gem of South Africa: Prince Charles

The Prince of Wales has described David Rattray, a well-known historian and Anglo-Zulu War expert, as a gem of South Africa. Rattray was given a moving farewell at Balgowan outside Pietermaritzburg.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles Visits Cumbria

The Prince of Wales is in Cumbria today. He's here to celebrate the county's thriving rural communities.

Prince Charles Visits Cumbria - News - Border - ITV
Old 02-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince of Wales visited a supermarket in Keswick, Cumbria, which is commmitted to local sourcing of produce.
The Prince of Wales met the suppliers and local farmers there.

Pictures:
Prince Charles talking to the customers
Prince Charles talking to the customers 2

more pictures here.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you for those Avalon. That certainly looked like a good throwing arm, I wonder who won!
Old 02-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Thank you for those Avalon. That certainly looked like a good throwing arm, I wonder who won!
Your're most welcome!
No official statement from the Clarence House has been issued about the outcome of the game, but I expect one to be made any moment now.

Another gallery of pictures from Abaca.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince praises community spirit

PRINCE Charles enjoyed a pint of Great Cockup during a two-hour tour of Hesket Newmarket on a visit to Cumbria today.

News & Star

Prince samples ale from rustic English town

There was a Great Cockup in store for Britain's Prince Charles, not to mention some well-aimed arrows on Monday, as the heir to the throne ditched the palace for an afternoon down at the pub.

IOL: Prince samples ale from rustic English town
Old 02-05-2007, 04:53 PM

Enjoyed a pint of what? Is someone having a laugh?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

Last week basket ball, today darts...what will our sporty Prince do next time?
Thank you for the nice pics Avalon!
Old 02-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Royal Highness

´Great Cockup´ as Britain´s Prince Charles hits the pub

'Great Cockup' as Britain's Prince Charles hits the pub - Yahoo! News

The 19th century inn has its own micro-brewery...Charles spotted Great Cockup, described as a ´chocolately porter´.

Pub welcome for visiting Prince

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Cumbria | Pub welcome for visiting prince
Old 02-06-2007, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Your're most welcome!
No official statement from the Clarence House has been issued about the outcome of the game, but I expect one to be made any moment now.
They decided to keep it low key, he lost!

More on the visit from The Prince of Wales website.

The Prince of Wales - The Prince of Wales visits Cumbria
Old 02-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
They decided to keep it low key, he lost!
You´re right Skydragon!

Britain´s royal enjoyed a pint of ale and lost a game of darts when he visited an English bar on Monday.

All Headline News - Prince Charles Drinks And Loses At English Bar - February 6, 2007
Old 02-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

Charles joins Jamie´s school dinner campain
Sixty of Britain´s best school cooks will be enjoying rather more regal surrounds than their canteens next Thursday.

CHARLES JOINS JAMIE 'S SCHOOL DINNER CAMPAIGN
Old 02-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

The Prince of Wales leaves the Yew Tree bed and breakfast in Rosthwaite, in the Lake District, UK on February 7, 2007, after spending the night there during a visit to the north west.

Pictures:
Prince Charles
Prince Charles 2
Prince Charles 3

Gallery of Pictures from Abaca.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Royal Highness

Prince launches Herdwick season

Prince Charles told farmer David Bland ´´that´s what i´m having for supper ´´after tasting some Herdwick lamb from his farm.

times and star workington lake district, workington news sport, west cumbria news, lake district news
Old 02-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Royal Highness

Royal lunch for school

A Norfolk school is to get a royal thank you for its champion efforts in helping to lead the school meal revolution.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/...A04%3A13%3A253
Old 02-11-2007, 05:25 AM
Royal Highness

Museum gets Royal approval

Prince Charles is to become Patron of Camden´s Jewish Museum as it celebrates its 75th anniversary this year and will be touring the museum on Tuesday with his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

Museum gets Royal approval | www.somethingjewish.co.uk

Charles: let´s kill off the cul-de-sac

Britain´s cul-de-sac, long the butt of metropolitan snobbery are now being targeted by the Prince of Wales as an environmental menace that foster crime, car dependence and obesity.

Charles: let’s kill off the cul-de-sac-News-UK-TimesOnline

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales