The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales, President, Business in the Community, will visit The Crown Pub, part of His Royal Highness’s Pub is the Hub Initiative, and meet representatives of the Hesket Newmarket Brewery co-operative and organisers and clients of the Northern Fells Group, Hesket Newmarket, Cumbria.
http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/diar...851838697.html

Amazing, the media almost got it right!

Old 01-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Aristocracy

It's a vintage year for Prince's watercolours

The Prince of Wales, a talented amateur watercolourist, has been admitted to a pantheon of artistic fame in the illustrious company of Picasso, Dalí and Francis Bacon.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...544871,00.html

Old 01-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Pipe up Charles

PRINCE Charles is being urged to join a protest against a controversial pipeline which will pass just 500 metres from his new Welsh home.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html
Old 01-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Pipe up Charles

PRINCE Charles is being urged to join a protest against a controversial pipeline which will pass just 500 metres from his new Welsh home.

Now, Prince Charles is urged to join the protest and then some start to complain he is always too involved!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-18-2007, 06:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Student Charles vowed to protect language and culture of Wales

A NEW biography of Prince Charles has lifted the lid on his often fraught relationship with Wales in the run-up to the 1969 investiture.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Royal Highness

What are these journalists thinking about?
Maybe that Charles books two seats for him and Camilla in the economy class?
Let me know the day when they start to have a good word for the Prince... !
Old 01-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

A photo released recently by Mouton Rothschild showing a bottle of Chateau Mouton Rothschild 2004 wine which label was painted by Prince Charles of Wales to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Entente Cordiale between France and Great Britain

Bottle of Chateau Mouton Rothschild
Close-up of the Label
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
What are these journalists thinking about?
Maybe that Charles books two seats for him and Camilla in the economy class?
Let me know the day when they start to have a good word for the Prince... !
What I can't understand, is why the fuss when Charles has paid for all the seats in 1st and business class.

As there will be fewer actual passengers, the flying weight will be less, the plane will use less fuel, therefore less of a carbon footprint. Economy/budget is still taking passengers as well, so why, oh why the negative headlines?
Old 01-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
So...the very same people criticizing don't fly? And why not fly over to accept the award if you can accomplish other interest for the Foriegn Office?
Old 01-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Nobility

Hear hear Skydragon.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Royal Highness

Why do these people criticize the Prince because of his US trip?
Again:
He takes a scheduled flight!
He will receive in New York an important award, and he wants to be there in person.
He will have some other engagements in the US.

So, where is the problem?
This minister and some other people should start thinking,... if possible!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
He followed this up by saying that organic foods are a waste of money, the taste and quality is the same as the foods that are covered in pesticides, growth hormones etc, then it was revealed that he eats organic foods, err, because it tastes better.
Hm, he surely can afford to buy organic food... while most of his voters can't...
preaching water, drinking wine: is there something new in there?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles cancels annual ski holiday in carbon emissions row

http://www.wluctv6.com/Global/story.asp?S=5965433
Old 01-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Prince Charles cancels annual ski holiday in carbon emissions row

http://www.wluctv6.com/Global/story.asp?S=5965433
I don´t think that the flight of 75 minutes from the Uk to Switzerland is the main reason for the Prince to cancel the ski holidays.
It´s only one reason and another one is maybe that this year there isn´t enough snow in the Alpes, and they make snow with snow connons which is not eco-friendly.
But i think, the main point is that Charles doesn´t want to go without his family:
William and Harry are busy and they would like to spend their time off with their girl friends, and Camilla doesn´t like skiing.
Last year, the Prince spent some days in Klosters with friend but without family, maybe he doesn´t want to do the same again this year.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

CHARLES CHARITY FUNDS CRIME FAMILY

PRINCE CHARLES' charity gave a member of a crime clan £30,000 to set up in business. Eddie Lyons Jnr, 27, and partner Liam Boyle, 26, also won two Prince's Scottish Youth Business Trust awards for their WIT construction firm.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_...name_page.html

PRINCE'S £30,000 FOR CRIME CLAN

PRINCE Charles' charity gave a member of the Lyons crime clan £30,000 to set up in business, the Sunday Mail can reveal

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_...name_page.html

Unfortunate, but hardly Charles' fault.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Scott Receives Royal Invitation

Wal-Mart President and CEO Lee Scott may be glad "There will always be an England." After months of suffering the slings and arrows of analysts and critics over Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s recent financial performance, Scott has been asked by the Prince of Wales to tea.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/20...cottinvite.txt
Old 01-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

'Save Our Streets' campaign sends SOS to Prince Charles

Campaigners trying to save scores of homes and businesses in Carlisle from demolition want Prince Charles to join their fight.
People living in the Rickergate area, which may be transformed under the Carlisle Renaissance scheme, have started a petition and poster campaign.
And they are hoping to enlist the help of Prince Charles and city-born authors Hunter Davies and Margaret Forster in the bid to save their community.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Another chance for some MP's and the press to have a snipe at him, if he does get involved.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

HRH visits RAF Waddington

The Prince of Wales met servicemen and their families when he visited RAF Waddington today.
The Prince, who is Air Chief Marshal in the Royal Air Force (RAF), toured the base and saw the preparations undertaken by service personnel for deployed operations.
The Prince joined the RAF in 1971 and attended the RAF College at Cranwell in Lincolnshire. On 20th August 1971 His Royal Highness graduated from Cranwell and received his wings. He was promoted to the rank of Air Chief Marshal in November 2005.

Pictures:
Prince Charles
Prince Charles 2
Prince Charles 3
Prince Charles 4

more pictures from Abaca here.
more pictures from getty here.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Where is his jacket? I realise it was just a visit, but to dress in his woolly pully. and is it a good idea to allow pictures to be taken (although not very clear) of the op in Afghanistan?

Closed Thread

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales