The Prince of Wales Current Events 3: November 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do these people criticize the Prince because of his US trip?
Again:
He takes a scheduled flight!
He will receive in New York an important award, and he wants to be there in person.
He will have some other engagements in the US.

So, where is the problem?
This minister and some other people should start thinking,... if possible!:bang:

Skydragon said:
He followed this up by saying that organic foods are a waste of money, the taste and quality is the same as the foods that are covered in pesticides, growth hormones etc, then it was revealed that he eats organic foods, err, because it tastes better. :bang:

Hm, he surely can afford to buy organic food... while most of his voters can't...
preaching water, drinking wine: is there something new in there? :mad:

fanletizia said:
Prince Charles cancels annual ski holiday in carbon emissions row

http://www.wluctv6.com/Global/story.asp?S=5965433

I don´t think that the flight of 75 minutes from the Uk to Switzerland is the main reason for the Prince to cancel the ski holidays.
It´s only one reason and another one is maybe that this year there isn´t enough snow in the Alpes, and they make snow with snow connons which is not eco-friendly.
But i think, the main point is that Charles doesn´t want to go without his family:
William and Harry are busy and they would like to spend their time off with their girl friends, and Camilla doesn´t like skiing.
Last year, the Prince spent some days in Klosters with friend but without family, maybe he doesn´t want to do the same again this year.

CHARLES CHARITY FUNDS CRIME FAMILY

PRINCE CHARLES' charity gave a member of a crime clan £30,000 to set up in business. Eddie Lyons Jnr, 27, and partner Liam Boyle, 26, also won two Prince's Scottish Youth Business Trust awards for their WIT construction firm.​

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_headline=charles-charity-funds-crime-family-&method=full&objectid=18508052&siteid=64736-name_page.html

PRINCE'S £30,000 FOR CRIME CLAN

PRINCE Charles' charity gave a member of the Lyons crime clan £30,000 to set up in business, the Sunday Mail can reveal

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_headline=prince-s--pound-30-000-for-crime-clan&method=full&objectid=18508789&siteid=64736-name_page.html

Unfortunate, but hardly Charles' fault.​

Last edited:
Scott Receives Royal Invitation

Wal-Mart President and CEO Lee Scott may be glad "There will always be an England." After months of suffering the slings and arrows of analysts and critics over Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s recent financial performance, Scott has been asked by the Prince of Wales to tea.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/01/22/business/011707scottinvite.txt

'Save Our Streets' campaign sends SOS to Prince Charles

Campaigners trying to save scores of homes and businesses in Carlisle from demolition want Prince Charles to join their fight.
People living in the Rickergate area, which may be transformed under the Carlisle Renaissance scheme, have started a petition and poster campaign.
And they are hoping to enlist the help of Prince Charles and city-born authors Hunter Davies and Margaret Forster in the bid to save their community.

Another chance for some MP's and the press to have a snipe at him, if he does get involved. :rolleyes:

HRH visits RAF Waddington

The Prince of Wales met servicemen and their families when he visited RAF Waddington today.
The Prince, who is Air Chief Marshal in the Royal Air Force (RAF), toured the base and saw the preparations undertaken by service personnel for deployed operations.
The Prince joined the RAF in 1971 and attended the RAF College at Cranwell in Lincolnshire. On 20th August 1971 His Royal Highness graduated from Cranwell and received his wings. He was promoted to the rank of Air Chief Marshal in November 2005.

Pictures:
Prince Charles
Prince Charles 2
Prince Charles 3
Prince Charles 4

more pictures from Abaca here.
more pictures from getty here.

Last edited:
Where is his jacket? :rolleyes: I realise it was just a visit, but to dress in his woolly pully. :lol: and is it a good idea to allow pictures to be taken (although not very clear) of the op in Afghanistan? :ermm:

Last edited:
The guy standing behind the car in the second photo is also wearing a sweater, not a jacket. BTW, in American English, "jumper" means "pinafore dress." Just so long as our American readers understand that in British English "jumper" means "sweater," we shouldn't have any misunderstandings.

Elspeth said:
The guy standing behind the car in the second photo is also wearing a sweater, not a jacket.

Most admin staff on the base wear sweaters in the winter, I just like him in a jacket. :wub:
He is ok in his sweater, you are only improperly dressed if you havn't got your headgear on, your sleeves are rolled too far up in the summer (you can't wear shirt sleeve order until a certain date, when summer will have arrived).

HRH visits RAF Waddigton

The Prince of Wales met servicemen and their families when he visited RAF Waddington today.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/newsandgallery/news/hrh_visits_raf_waddington_57986685.html

Why do you think it is not good to make a photo in front of a map of Afghanistan, Skydragon? I thought everybody knows that the RAF has duties there.

I like the Prince wearing a sweater (also when he does it in private), it fits him.:wub: (okay...a army jacket is also nice...:lol: )

milla Ca said:
Why do you think it is not good to make a photo in front of a map of Afghanistan, Skydragon? I thought everybody knows that the RAF has duties there.

I like the Prince wearing a sweater (also when he does it in private), it fits him.:wub: (okay...a army jacket is also nice...:lol: )

I think with someone involved in OP Herrick, it was just a surprise to see it on a photo, knowing the security restrictions normally involved!

He looks OK in a sweater, but he looks so much better in an Airforce or Army Jacket. I am rather partial to a man in uniform. :ROFLMAO:

Vintage occasion as prince's painting goes on show

A painting by the Prince of Wales is to go on show alongside those of Picasso and Salvador Dali as part of an exhibition of works of art used on wine bottle labels.
Charles's water-colour of pine trees at Cap d'Antibes, on the Cote d'Azur, was chosen last year for the Chateau Mouton Rothschild 2004. The vineyard is famous for its labels, which each year since 1945 have featured a different contemporary artist.

VERSATILE CHARLES JOINS RANKS OF AIRMEN AND ARTISTS

With two sons in the armed forces and a wide range of military qualifications himself, it is safe to say that Prince Charles knows a thing or two about life in the forces. The heir to the throne was evidently at ease as he visited RAF Waddington on Tuesday, laughing and chatting with the servicemen as he toured the base.

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
I think with someone involved in OP Herrick, it was just a surprise to see it on a photo, knowing the security restrictions normally involved!

First off - military intelligence is an oxymoron in my opinoin:lol: however having said that - maybe they were putting up a false map to give the wrong information to the enemy!:ROFLMAO:

chrissy57 said:
First off - military intelligence is an oxymoron in my opinoin:lol:
Now that's an affirmative! :ROFLMAO:

Wow! Prince Charles' painting must be pretty impressive to be amongst the likes of Picasso, Dali, Warhol, and others. No one is lining up to see my stickmen on canvas!

Last edited:
With Charles and Camilla in Philadelphia we will take the opportunity to close this thread.

The Prince of Wales current events thread, part 4, commencing 27 January 2007 can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom