The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales current events 3: Nov 2006 - January 2007

Welcome to the Prince of Wales current events thread part 3,
commencing November 2006

Part 2, July-November 2006, can be found here.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles moves up the ranks on 58th birthday

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/arti...LS-CHARLES.xml

The Prince received an extra treat for his 58th birthday on Tuesday with a promotion to four-star rank in all three services of the military.
Prince Charles will now be a navy admiral, an army general and an air chief marshal.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:50 AM
Courtier

Will we see Charles III on the throne? Nov 14 2006
Prince Charles celebrates his 58th birthday today and he is still king-in-waiting

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n...name_page.html

Such an article made me feel low. I likes Prince Charles and expects him to be a good king one day. Prince Charles does have many shortcomings, but he have many good points in helping the people and doing his job. Against, I find so many royal watchers are quite against Charles in their thoughts. Such a sad thing for me.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charles' hopes of multi-faith coronation dashed by Church

Prince Charles' hopes of a multi-faith coronation suffered a blow when the Church of England asserted the historic importance of a solely Christian service when he becomes King.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23374527-details/Charles'+hopes+of+multi-faith+coronation+dashed+by+Church/article.do

As his Poundbury dream implodes, it never rains but it pours for Prince Charles

All appeared well yesterday in the village of Poundbury as the Prince of Wales led foreign dignitaries on a tour of his pet urban planning project.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/thi...cle1984590.ece
Old 11-15-2006, 06:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince in Wales for one-day tour

Prince Charles is in south Wales for a one-day tour of the region. The prince will begin his visit with a trip to the Engine House Community Project in Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/6148802.stm
Old 11-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles reacts during a visit to the Engine House Community Project in Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil, Wales, November 15, 2006.

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...c3c4e7fbeg.jpg
Old 11-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles had a very cheerful mood during his visit to Engine House Community Project. I guess he had a great birthday yesterday!
A few more pictures:

Prince Charles laughs
Prince Charles smiles and points
Prince Charles gestures and laughs

Edit: I guess the article explains Prince Charles's cheerful mood!

Prince Charles Visits Poundbury Project, Shocked At "Yob Culture"
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness

What are Prince Charles´s medals for?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6147544.stm

An explanation of the medals The Prince wears at his uniforms, he has 31 decorations..., but here you can see only 9 pinned to his breast.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

The Prince of Wales officially opened the ´Art for the Nation´exhibition at The Queens´s House, National Maritime Museum, Greenwich

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...f0c14b5b573de3

from yahoo
Old 11-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Britain's Prince Charles made a speech at the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, London, late Thursday Nov. 16, 2006. Prince Charles toured an exhibition of naval paintings at the museum and officially opened the collection.

Prince Charles making a speech
Prince Charles points at a painting of Commodore Keppel - Does anyone know if Commodore Keppel has any connection with Camilla?

The death sentence for the British man, who was in a death row in Pakistan (Prince Charles made a plea to spare his life during his visit to Pakistan) was changed to life imprisonment. Prince Charles and Tony Blair have welcomed the decision.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-17-2006, 05:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Does anyone know if Commodore Keppel has any connection with Camilla?

Commodore Keppel, later Admiral Augustus Keppel, 1. (and last) Viscount Keppel of Elvesden was a son of William Anne van Keppel, 2nd Earl of Albemarle. Camilla is a direct descendant of this 2nd. Earl, too, thus she is some sort of great-grand-niece of the late Admiral, whose picture was painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds in 1779.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The death sentence for the British man, who was in a death row in Pakistan (Prince Charles made a plea to spare his life during his visit to Pakistan) was changed to life imprisonment. Prince Charles and Tony Blair have welcomed the decision.
He has now been freed from prison and is believed to be on his way back to the UK.
Well done Charles.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Commodore Keppel, later Admiral Augustus Keppel, 1. (and last) Viscount Keppel of Elvesden was a son of William Anne van Keppel, 2nd Earl of Albemarle. Camilla is a direct descendant of this 2nd. Earl, too, thus she is some sort of great-grand-niece of the late Admiral, whose picture was painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds in 1779.
Thank you for the information, Jo!
I thought they must be related through the Keppel line. So Prince Charles was thinking about Camilla even though she was not present.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydragon
He has now been freed from prison and is believed to be on his way back to the UK. Well done Charles.
I am happy for that man; he has now chance to re-start his life. I do think that Prince Charles had an influence over the decision. Probably a quiet chat with Musharraf was more effective then diplomatic dialogues.

SPARED: Brit's death sentence lifted after Prince Charles' plea
Prince Charles pleased Pakistan sparing Briton's life
Prince Charles Saves Life Of Pakistai Prisoner
Reprieved ... thanks to Charles

Quote from the first article:
Quote:
The role played by His Royal Highness was crucial after it was raised by the Daily Mirror.
"Although he is playing down his role in helping save my brother's life, I know how important it was behind the scenes. I cannot thank him and the Mirror enough."
Old 11-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles funds new center for Krakow Jews

The Krakow Jewish community gathered last week for a ceremony to mark the construction of a new Jewish Welfare and Community Center (JCC), an initiative of Prince Charles.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Prince Charles funds new center for Krakow Jews

The Krakow Jewish community gathered last week for a ceremony to mark the construction of a new Jewish Welfare and Community Center (JCC), an initiative of Prince Charles.
I am personally pleased to read it because I am great fan of Kazimierz area in Krakow - it is very beatiful place. Well done Charles
Old 11-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

£65K AID FOR SAVING ALBATROSS

A Plea by Prince Charles to save the albatross has secured a £65,000 Government donation to help endangered birds.
Barry Gardiner, Minister for Biodiversity, today announced that Britain was doubling its aid.

Prince Charles is slated to launch his own product line in Britain. The prince is currently planning on selling his own brand of whiskey.
The 58-year-old royal reportedly picked the blended malt from a short-list of four varieties after a series of tasting sessions at his official residence Clarence House.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles Embraces Internet Age

The heir to the British throne took a leap into the Internet age Monday, posting a day-in-the life video on his revamped personal Web site.
The short film follows Prince Charles through a typical day, showing him working at his London office, carrying out public engagements with his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and flying by helicopter to his country home for a reception.

Here is the link to the video.
And check out the whole official web site of The Prince of Wales, I really like this new one.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Gentry

Have you already seen the re-designed website of Prince Charles? It has a completely new and fresh look and plenty of picture galleries and information. And it's not even completed yet ... I like the new style very much. The only thing I have to criticize is the diary section. I find it a bit confusing. But in all it's really an improvement.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Gentry

oh, cross-posting with you Avalon

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales