The Prince of Wales Current Events 3: November 2006-January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Charles pledges aid for Sierra Leone

Prince Charles has celebrated Sierra Leone's return to peace after one of the most brutal civil wars in modern history and
pledged Britain's continued support for reconstruction.
"It has been a great joy to see peace and stability return to Sierra Leone," Prince Charles said at a reception hosted by President Ahmad Tejan Kabbah late on Monday.

Last edited:
When will we see a new safari-jacket on him...?:rolleyes:

Thank you so much to Skydragon and Avalon for posting so many pics and articles from the second day of Charles´ trip.:flowers:

I didn´t know much about Sierra Leone, but i´ve learned that it is one of the poor countries in Africa, and that there was a war for many years with thousands of people were killed.
So i think it wasn´t an easy visit for the Prince who tried to encourage the people there and who wanted to create some friendship between the two countries.

I read that he left Sierra Leone this afternoon to fly to Nigeria. I hope he had a safe arrival, till now i couldn´t find a pic.

Tabloid journalist admits royal phone hacking

The royal editor of the nation's biggest selling newspaper has admitted to mobile phone hacking charges against the office of Prince Charles in a London court.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061129/wl_uk_afp/britainroyalspress_061129120328

Journalist admits phone tap plot

The royal editor of the News of the World today admitted plotting to intercept private phone messages following allegations of a security breach in the Prince of Wales's household.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/11/29/utap129.xml

thanks for the news and the photos about Prince Charles's african visit. I am impresssed and hope that he will have a safe and sucessful visit.The more I learn about him, the more I respect him as Prince of Wales who is very delicated to his work.

Prince Charles meets locals making cotton using traditional methods at Dawakin Kudu Village, in Kano, Nigeria on the third day of his West African tour. Photo credit should read: Lewis Whyld/PA/POLFOTO

Charles 1

Charles 2

Skydragon said:
Tabloid journalist admits royal phone hacking

The royal editor of the nation's biggest selling newspaper has admitted to mobile phone hacking charges against the office of Prince Charles in a London court.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061129/wl_uk_afp/britainroyalspress_061129120328

Journalist admits phone tap plot

The royal editor of the News of the World today admitted plotting to intercept private phone messages following allegations of a security breach in the Prince of Wales's household.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/11/29/utap129.xml

I hope the court will punish Clive Goodman hard! To intercept these privat phone messages is absolutely disgusting ( i don´t know another english word, the german one is: eine Schweinerei:rolleyes: ).
Now he wants to apologize for what he has done? Okay, but that is not enough, and maybe it´s only a move to get a moderate sentence.
I would never trust one of these tabloid journalists, i think we don´t need this kind of royal reporters.:bang:

Last edited:
Prince Charles offers up some right royal recipes

LONDON (Reuters) - Prince Charles has gone back to his organic roots.
Britain's heir to the throne offers a royal collection of recipes in a new cookbook that glories in the country's much maligned food and offers an intriguing insight into the tastes of his regal ancestors.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/061129/137/69u9d.html

Prince Charles, left, sits on a throne alongside the Emir of Kano, right, at the Emir`s palace in Kano, Nigeria, on the third day of his West African tour, Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2006. Prince Charles reaffirmed Britain`s commitment to help improve the lives of some of Africa`s poorest people. Charles spoke of the partnership between the UK and Nigeria to tackle the west African nation`s pressing social, education and health problems as he toured the north of the country. AP Photo/Lewis Whyld/PA/POLFOTO

CHARLES1

CHARLES

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061129/wl_uk_afp/britainroyalspress
LONDON (AFP) - The royal correspondent on Britain's biggest selling newspaper has pleaded guilty in court to hacking into the mobile phone messages of Princes Charles, William and Harry's staff.

these guys are in big trouble finally. there should be stricker laws protecting people from the papparazzi anyway. they obstruct traffic and cause problems with everyone, not just those who are being stalked by them. it should be illegal to even take a picture of someone walking down the street without permission. i can see them at a public event, but anything private should be kept private. bad enough they steal shots by camera to sell for money the royals will probably never see, but then they bug their private telephone lines too. that is too sick! hope they throw the book at them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Charles speaks to a Nigerian soldier in Jaji, Nigeria, Thursday, Nov. 30 2006. Britain`s Prince Charles toured a training camp Thursday for a Nigerian peacekeeping battalion expecting to be deployed to Sudan`s conflict-wracked Darfur region in early 2007. (AP Photo/George Osodi)

Charles

The Prince of Wales leaves a historic former cathedral made entirely of mud in Wusasa, Nigeria, with the Archbishop Josiah Fearon on the final day of his tour of West Africa.

Charles and Josiah Fearon

The Prince of Wales, meets the Emir of Zazzau in his Palace in Zaria, Nigeria, on the final day of his tour of West Africa. Charles, who is touring West Africa without the Duchess of Cornwall, held an audience with the Emir of Zazzau, the traditional ruler in Kaduna State, at his palace in the northern city of Zaria.

Charles and Emir Zazzau

All from POLFOTO

Last edited:
prince charles watercolor paintings

http://www.amazon.com/H-R-Prince-Wales-Watercolours/dp/0821218816

it shows a few of his paintings for his book at this website for amazon.com. i also saw 3 other ones that were auctioned off, but they were really boring. the one of the castle is really good. watercolors are hard to work with, so i wouldn't expect too much from them. i did a really pretty one of a mountain with green grass below it, with a fence and some daisies growing in the grass in front of the fence, and it was the closest i could get to reality with watercolor. if you mix it with pen and ink, you can make some beautiful work. it is also popular to do pen and ink with watercolor, so i'll bet he has done some. i would love to buy the book. the price is really good if you buy the used versions.

not affiliated with amazon.com or prince charles, but i just wanted to see what his work looked like. he does some boring pictures, but he's not that bad at all and can do what ever he's painting justice.

blackdaisies said:
not affiliated with amazon.com or prince charles, but i just wanted to see what his work looked like. he does some boring pictures, but he's not that bad at all and can do what ever he's painting justice.

Thanks for that blackdaisies. :flowers:

I saw a book of Prince Charles' water colors for sale in a secondhand store... and I thought they were quite attractive. This book included some of Balmoral and Windsor, so they were rather moody, with lots of grays (for the rocks and the castles) and clouds.

I had thought I might like to take the book apart and frame some of them. (And I wouldn't hang an ugly painting, even if it were painted by a Royal.)

prince charles paintings

it would be a great idea to frame or to put in a photo ablum depending on their size. if you scrapbook you can paste them on a piece of construction paper and poke holes to put on a ring binder to keep them. the will still be displayed nicely. i wonder why he doesn't do oil painting? if he can do that in watercolor, he can do it ten times better in oil. i hate acrylics because i'm too slow and the paint dries before i can get done. he could at least try those too. i would love to see an oil painting from him and a portrait too.

I have the collection of his Watercolours (book by the Prince of Wales) and I think they are really pretty good. My opinion has nothing to do mith my general (very high) opinion of the Prince of Wales. The watercolours are really good. The book includes about 70 of his paintings and I trully enjoy most (if not all) of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom