The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 11:30 AM

No dear, he's a politician. It's never that simple with politicians.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles' apprenticeship scheme
Prince Charles To Start Craftsmen Program For Young Students

Prince Charles will soon launch an apprenticeship program to teach young people how to apply manual labor skills. The British royal ultimately wants to help students learn how to preserve the nation's historic buildings.
The program at Clarence House will teach various crafts like masonry, decorative bricklaying, carpentry, plasterwork and leadwork.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

After all the fuss from a couple of MP's about Charles' earnings, I thought this might be of some interest. As the article says these payments are on top of their salaries and do not include other items, the free or subsidised lunches and dinners, the extra they can earn as dinner speakers or the extra they can earn as CEO's etc!
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/26102006/14...-millions.html
Old 10-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

The official announcement from Clarence House:

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/medi...26_africa.html

The Prince of Wales to visit Sierra Leone and Nigeria from Monday 27th November to Thursday 30th November.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Royal Highness

In the Uk press you can read that Charles wants a multi faith coronation service, but in the German press today you can read that Charles wants to have two coronations, one as defender of the faith, one as defender of faith.
You see, the german tabloid journalists are always the best for stupid gossip... (and many people believe it....)!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:46 PM
Courtier

It's odd that this keeps on coming up, every so often you hear the same type of stories. See this is what happens when the William and Harry lay low and the tabloids have nothing to talk about.

Map for the British Royals
Old 10-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Don't they have libel laws in Germany or something?

Two coronations, indeed. Who's supposed to be sticking the crown on his head in the multifaith coronation, for heavens' sake? Or will he end up wearing 50 crowns, each one put on by a different religious leader? They're going to need a long ladder by the end of that one.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Courtier

Well were at it, do you think we can get him to come to all of the commonwealth countries to get coronated, I would really like to see one. Since he is already going to have two how about 16.

Map for the British Royals
Old 10-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
Well were at it, do you think we can get him to come to all of the commonwealth countries to get coronated, I would really like to see one. Since he is already going to have two how about 16.
How about a BIG tour of the commonwealth countries after the coronation, would that do?
Old 10-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
How about a BIG tour of the commonwealth countries after the coronation, would that do?
Obviously you both believe that king or queen regnant are not much needed in London.... But surely once Charles succeeds to the throne, he will visit all the countries whose new head of state he is?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

And after the Commonwealth States he should make a tour of the European States. Please first to Germany, and please with the new Queen by his side... ( Sorry, i know it´s not the right time for dreams like this....)
Old 10-28-2006, 12:21 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Prince Charles has secured the backing of the Treasury over questions about his tax payments, the Times reported, after an influential parliamentary committee asked the government why the royals' estates benefit from major tax exemptions.
Where has this committee been all these years? The Duchy of Cornwall has always been tax exempt.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Don't they have libel laws in Germany or something?

Two coronations, indeed. Who's supposed to be sticking the crown on his head in the multifaith coronation, for heavens' sake? Or will he end up wearing 50 crowns, each one put on by a different religious leader? They're going to need a long ladder by the end of that one.
Maybe Jo can enlighten us. When I was in Germany in the 80s, I didn't think that the gossip press was that bad but then again my command of German wasn't superior.

It sounds typical of the stories that I hear come out of there now though. Maybe its the English translation though.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-28-2006, 06:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

The November edition of the Majesty magazine features Prince Charles
image. from www.majestymagazine.com
Old 10-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Maybe Jo can enlighten us. When I was in Germany in the 80s, I didn't think that the gossip press was that bad but then again my command of German wasn't superior.

It sounds typical of the stories that I hear come out of there now though. Maybe its the English translation though.
I don´t want to paint a bad pic of the whole German press.
But the tabloid press here is more and more only good for rumours, scandals and many lies.
I know that other Royal Houses, like the Swedish, engage lawyers to fight for their rights abroad and against untrue headlines in the yellow press, but i´ve never heard that the British Royals do this.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

FLYING THE SALTIRE - GREAT SCOT 2006: Our star winners

CHARITY
Prince puts his trust in youth
THE Prince's Trust, which celebrates its 30th birthday this year, helps deprived young people get their lives working

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_...name_page.html
Old 10-30-2006, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
I don´t want to paint a bad pic of the whole German press.
But the tabloid press here is more and more only good for rumours, scandals and many lies.
I know that other Royal Houses, like the Swedish, engage lawyers to fight for their rights abroad and against untrue headlines in the yellow press, but i´ve never heard that the British Royals do this.
Thanks milla Ca, I didn't realize you were from Germany also - Hannover, in fact the ancestral seat of the Hanoverian monarchs. :) The stadtshall is quite impressive. Was that the palace of the Electors of Hannover?

Yes, the British Royal Family has traditionally not taken the press to court but Prince Charles' actions against his former secretary and press agent regarding his diaries hopefully will signal a turn for the better.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 11-04-2006, 05:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

BLAIR'S VEILED BLAST AT 'ANTI-SCIENCE' CHARLES

'The anti-science brigade threatens our progress and our prosperity.. they are a powerful and vocal lobby, with access to all the media'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html
Old 11-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'd call that a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black, but whatever. Blair is falling over himself trying to encourage the likes of Peter Vardy to open schools where they teach creationism, and he's got the nerve to complain about other people being anti-science?
Old 11-04-2006, 06:19 PM

Never fear. Blair will be gone in a few months. We have Charles for a long time to come.

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales