The Prince of Wales Current Events 2: July-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Charles 'nodded off' during PM's speech - report

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]Did Prince Charles fall asleep during Prime Minister Helen Clark's speech at the dedication of the New Zealand memorial in London at the weekend?[/FONT]

"I was surprised when I saw the prince, he looked asleep during New Zealand premier Helen Clark's speech," press photographer Simon Jones was quoted by the News of the World as saying.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3859664a10,00.html

Lets take a guess, does Simon Jones work for tnow by any chance?:whistling

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]According to observers the prince's eyes closed and his head slumped onto his chest before he roused himself to look at his programme. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, MS Sans Serif]However, a spokeswoman for Clarence House denied Prince Charles fell asleep although one source admitted he might have had "a quiet moment of contemplation", the Sunday Times reported.[/FONT]

Nameless observers, nameless royal source, in this day and age, you'd think they could do better than that! :lol:

I thought dedication and remembrance ceremonies were supposed to include quiet contemplation, someone had better tell Charles to jump up and down clapping at the next one he attends! :rolleyes:

Does anybody have seen a pic of that moment?
The photogragher Simon Jones tells the story that Charles did fall asleep, but why didn´t he make a pic to demonstrate it??
Every celebrity photogragher would like to have a photo like this....or would we then see only a praying Prince??:rolleyes:

milla Ca said:
Does anybody have seen a pic of that moment?
The photogragher Simon Jones tells the story that Charles did fall asleep, but why didn´t he make a pic to demonstrate it??
Every celebrity photogragher would like to have a photo like this....or would we then see only a praying Prince??:rolleyes:

Exactly, why no money spinning photograph, it is supposed to be his job.

Clearly the notw are not as 'demanding' as TRF or most of us on here. They don't feel the need for evidence. :cool: :ROFLMAO:

Skydragon said:
We do have a picture from Abaca Press, HERE of the heinous crime of being in deep thought! :rolleyes:

:ohmy: Oh the shame of it! Off to the Tower with him! ;)

Thanks for the photo. I am sure about whether Prince Charles fell in sleep or not, but I don't think Queen looked straight to her son because her husband sat between them. It is an impossible situation. Is Charles too tired or the speech is too boring? We shall read PM Helen Clack's speech and find out then.

I almost forget HRH's birthday! It is alread Nov 14 in Australia. I did record his birthday in my reminder. Happy Birthday, Sir!

Last edited:
In the midst of the robust debate over the contemplative (or is he?) Prince of Wales, it's time to move to a new thread,
where other pressing issues of the moment can be discussed with equal vigour.

The Prince of Wales current events thread part 3: November 2006 can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom