The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Prince Charles samples a jug of Yorkshire Wine. After New World producers Australia and Chile, French winegrowers could soon face new competition from Britain, as global warming helps grapes take root in milder cross-Channel climes, scientists say.

You're kidding, Skydragon. Not even for the sake of promoting a worthy product would a refinded gentleman as HRH sample wine from such a mug. His face obviously seems to tell that this is not wine, but a joke!

While I enjoyed some Muller-Thurgau and Seyval Blanc from Lamberhurst (Kent? Or Sussex?), I'm in addition convinced that whatever there is in this mug, it's definately not wine from Yorkshire as surely the pole starts to really thaw before there is a chance to produce in Yorkshire (of all Shires!) a product the natural way that resembles wine.

I have been seen to taste beer made in a bathtub from stuff bought at Boots (glad noone ever reported me to a paper!) But while I have to say that the tubbed stuff was a least resembling beer, I'm not sure I'll ever state that for the wine in the mug.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

'I think you will find it is my aftershave' - David Blunkett on dining with Prince Charles

Quote from the article, which I find really funny!
Quote:
Charles then decided he would like to show me round his garden, which he duly did, and while he was taking me round I commented on being able to inhale the most wonderful smell of lavender everywhere we went. He replied: "Secretary of state, I think you will find it is my aftershave."

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
You're kidding, Skydragon. Not even for the sake of promoting a worthy product would a refinded gentleman as HRH sample wine from such a mug. His face obviously seems to tell that this is not wine, but a joke!

While I enjoyed some Muller-Thurgau and Seyval Blanc from Lamberhurst (Kent? Or Sussex?), I'm in addition convinced that whatever there is in this mug, it's definately not wine from Yorkshire as surely the pole starts to really thaw before there is a chance to produce in Yorkshire (of all Shires!) a product the natural way that resembles wine.

I have been seen to taste beer made in a bathtub from stuff bought at Boots (glad noone ever reported me to a paper!) But while I have to say that the tubbed stuff was a least resembling beer, I'm not sure I'll ever state that for the wine in the mug.
Well, it depends what you make it from, apparently.

http://www.yorkshirecountrywines.co.uk/
Old 10-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Very nice. That man is really growing on me...
Old 10-16-2006, 02:38 AM
Courtier

Does any body have any idea about fragence or aftershave for males? I am very surprised to see Charles's choice of "Lavenda" because I thought he would use some sandlewood,mint or other more masculine type aftershave. Lavenda seems to be more feminine in my views.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
Does any body have any idea about fragence or aftershave for males? I am very surprised to see Charles's choice of "Lavenda" because I thought he would use some sandlewood,mint or other more masculine type aftershave. Lavenda seems to be more feminine in my views.
A quick Google can provide info. about just about anything

"Lavender, with its intensely aromatic waves of scent, is generally considered a masculine olfactory attribute." See comment under "Masculine-Feminine" about its novel use as a base for a perfume for women: http://www.osmoz.com/statique/Etatde.../tendances.htm
Old 10-16-2006, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Safety campaigners plan walk demo

Villagers in Powys have organised a walk as part of a campaign for a "safe" footpath between their community and a nearby town.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/6055596.stm
Old 10-22-2006, 12:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Future King's faith role queried
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6073498.stm

Prince champions apprenticeship for master craftsmen

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nskills22.xml
Old 10-24-2006, 06:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince and Brown promote charity

Prince Charles and Chancellor Gordon Brown are expected to urge people to get more involved with charities.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6079338.stm
Old 10-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

LONDON, United Kingdom: Britain's Prince Charles leaves the Treasury building in central London, 24 October 2006, after speaking with Britain's Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown at a Corporate Social Responsibility Summit. The Prince faced new pressure Tuesday to open up his accounts today as Members of Parliament demanded to know why his main income from the Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster benefit from tax exemptions.

from getty

Old 10-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Nobility

I don't know if this has been posted yet but there is an article on Sky news about Prince Charles facing a tax probe.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...238382,00.html
Old 10-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS
I don't know if this has been posted yet but there is an article on Sky news about Prince Charles facing a tax probe.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...238382,00.html
Less dramatic headlines from the BBC.

MPs want to see Charles accounts

MPs want to inspect Prince Charles' accounts for the Duchy of Cornwall. The Commons Public Accounts Committee has written to the Treasury saying it wants the National Audit Office to be able to inspect the books.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6080388.stm
Old 10-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Royal Highness

Clarence House responds to media reports on Duchy of Cornwall taxes

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/medi...inthenews.html
Old 10-24-2006, 03:49 PM

These MPs need stringing up. How dare they question His Royal Highness. I'd like to see them scatter when we propose a tax check on them.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the link, Milla Ca.
The responds from Clarence House are very clear in wording why HRH does not have obligations to pay corporate tax. He only needs to pay income tax and he should be annoyed to have tax deductability because his main activities are charity work and official engagements.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do they even have the right to do this I Thought their was some Tax Rule Regarding the Royals (especially EII and The P.O.W.)
Old 10-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Aristocracy

It seems whenever the MPs want to divert attention from other issues, they pick on Charles for some reason or other. Sigh. His tax situation/Duchy income is any easy target. Hopefully this won't turn into a huge thing.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCE CHARLES BACKED BY CHANCELLOR IN TAX ROW

British royal PRINCE CHARLES has been defended by British government chancellor GORDON BROWN over claims he should be forced to pay corporation and capital gains tax on his Duchy of Cornwall estate.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...%20row_1011815

Treasury backs Charles over tax payments

Prince Charles has secured the backing of the Treasury over questions about his tax payments, the Times reported, after an influential parliamentary committee asked the government why the royals' estates benefit from major tax exemptions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061025...s_061025064331
Old 10-25-2006, 11:09 AM

Gordon Brown defending the Prince of Wales?! Heavens above. One does wonder if Mr Brown is playing the Royalist card.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Gordon Brown defending the Prince of Wales?! Heavens above. One does wonder if Mr Brown is playing the Royalist card.
Maybe he is just a law-abiding citizen and all the PoW's actions have been perfectly in accord with the current British laws?

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales