The Prince of Wales Current Events 2: July-November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No dear, he's a politician. It's never that simple with politicians.

After all the fuss from a couple of MP's about Charles' earnings, I thought this might be of some interest. As the article says these payments are on top of their salaries and do not include other items, the free or subsidised lunches and dinners, the extra they can earn as dinner speakers or the extra they can earn as CEO's etc!
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/26102006/140/expenses-mps-claim-millions.html

In the Uk press you can read that Charles wants a multi faith coronation service, but in the German press today you can read that Charles wants to have two coronations, one as defender of the faith, one as defender of faith.
You see, the german tabloid journalists are always the best for stupid gossip... (and many people believe it....)!

It's odd that this keeps on coming up, every so often you hear the same type of stories. See this is what happens when the William and Harry lay low and the tabloids have nothing to talk about.

Don't they have libel laws in Germany or something?

Two coronations, indeed. Who's supposed to be sticking the crown on his head in the multifaith coronation, for heavens' sake? Or will he end up wearing 50 crowns, each one put on by a different religious leader? They're going to need a long ladder by the end of that one.:rolleyes:

Well were at it, do you think we can get him to come to all of the commonwealth countries to get coronated, I would really like to see one. Since he is already going to have two how about 16. :ROFLMAO:

Oppie said:
Well were at it, do you think we can get him to come to all of the commonwealth countries to get coronated, I would really like to see one. Since he is already going to have two how about 16. :ROFLMAO:

How about a BIG tour of the commonwealth countries after the coronation, would that do? :lol:

Skydragon said:
How about a BIG tour of the commonwealth countries after the coronation, would that do? :lol:

Obviously you both believe that king or queen regnant are not much needed in London.... :lol: But surely once Charles succeeds to the throne, he will visit all the countries whose new head of state he is?

And after the Commonwealth States he should make a tour of the European States. Please first to Germany, and please with the new Queen by his side...:flowers: ( Sorry, i know it´s not the right time for dreams like this....)

Skydragon said:
Prince Charles has secured the backing of the Treasury over questions about his tax payments, the Times reported, after an influential parliamentary committee asked the government why the royals' estates benefit from major tax exemptions.

Where has this committee been all these years? The Duchy of Cornwall has always been tax exempt.

Elspeth said:
Don't they have libel laws in Germany or something?

Two coronations, indeed. Who's supposed to be sticking the crown on his head in the multifaith coronation, for heavens' sake? Or will he end up wearing 50 crowns, each one put on by a different religious leader? They're going to need a long ladder by the end of that one.:rolleyes:

Maybe Jo can enlighten us. When I was in Germany in the 80s, I didn't think that the gossip press was that bad but then again my command of German wasn't superior.

It sounds typical of the stories that I hear come out of there now though. Maybe its the English translation though.

The November edition of the Majesty magazine features Prince Charles
image. from www.majestymagazine.com

ysbel said:
Maybe Jo can enlighten us. When I was in Germany in the 80s, I didn't think that the gossip press was that bad but then again my command of German wasn't superior.

It sounds typical of the stories that I hear come out of there now though. Maybe its the English translation though.

I don´t want to paint a bad pic of the whole German press.
But the tabloid press here is more and more only good for rumours, scandals and many lies.
I know that other Royal Houses, like the Swedish, engage lawyers to fight for their rights abroad and against untrue headlines in the yellow press, but i´ve never heard that the British Royals do this.

milla Ca said:
I don´t want to paint a bad pic of the whole German press.
But the tabloid press here is more and more only good for rumours, scandals and many lies.
I know that other Royal Houses, like the Swedish, engage lawyers to fight for their rights abroad and against untrue headlines in the yellow press, but i´ve never heard that the British Royals do this.

Thanks milla Ca, I didn't realize you were from Germany also - Hannover, in fact the ancestral seat of the Hanoverian monarchs. :) The stadtshall is quite impressive. Was that the palace of the Electors of Hannover?

Yes, the British Royal Family has traditionally not taken the press to court but Prince Charles' actions against his former secretary and press agent regarding his diaries hopefully will signal a turn for the better.

I'd call that a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black, but whatever. Blair is falling over himself trying to encourage the likes of Peter Vardy to open schools where they teach creationism, and he's got the nerve to complain about other people being anti-science?:rolleyes:

Never fear. Blair will be gone in a few months. We have Charles for a long time to come.

milla Ca said:
And after the Commonwealth States he should make a tour of the European States. Please first to Germany, and please with the new Queen by his side...:flowers: ( Sorry, i know it´s not the right time for dreams like this....)

...and then he can come to the US. I'd go to Washington D.C. for the chance to spot a royal. It'll give me a good excuse to make a road trip.

Prince Charles Joins Race to Save the Albatross

LONDON, UK, November 7, 2006 (ENS) - On the eve of a TV movie premiere highlighting the plight of the albatross, Britain's Prince Charles said failure to save the Earth's largest flying sea birds from extinction would be "an appalling commentary on the way we treat the world." The Prince called upon food retailers to take the lead.

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/nov2006/2006-11-07-03.asp

Charles demands help for a lost generation

The Prince of Wales will today highlight the plight of 1.2 million unemployed and under-educated young people facing a grim future because they have been abandoned "on the margins of society".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/11/08/nprince08.xml

Before anyone reads this, can I be boring and point out the original article was from the News of the World! :lol:

Prince Charles dozes off at Armistice Day tribute

London, Nov 12 : Britain's Prince Charles drew disapproving glares from the Queen when he seemed to drop off to sleep at an Armistice Day tribute.

http://www.newkerala.com/news4.php?action=fullnews&id=49620

How 'stern glances' from the Queen would have woken him I don't know and as he stood throughout the ceremony, I wonder how he managed to fall asleep at all! :ROFLMAO:

Well I watched the whole thing and Charles didn't doze off once. Has anyone considered that he might have been praying?

I did say the original source was the notw! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Indeed. Otherwise known as News from Narnia. Goodness me. :wacko:

Does anybody understand why the Prince damned the press at a speech
during his wedding celebration? I do....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom