The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Even if the egg story is true, so what? The only way I can see it mattering is that if Charles has a reputation for being cruel and insensitive to people that work for him (as in Leona Helmsley) If he did, that would be a character issue.

But as an employer Charles has a reputation for being one of the nicest people in the royal family to work for.

"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-24-2006, 11:09 AM

That's right Ysbel. In Brian Hoey's book, "At Home with the Queen" he says how everyone working at the Palace would rather work for Charles than the Queen because he's not only friendly but he's fair. He takes his staff out for dinner at Christmas and Easter and he's quite self-sufficient too. It all comes down to what will sell a book. Paxman has tried to be a Brandreth, the difference is, Brandreth actually has sources that are close to the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall and so you can trust him. Paxman is just a republican journalist trying to break into books.

Old 09-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
The ´egg- story´ is really too stupid to talk seriously about it....nobody can believe it....eight eggs....ridiculous!
But the serious part of this story is, that someone wants to paint a bad pic of Charles, someone wants to make us believe that the Prince is only extravagant, wasteful and a little crazy...not fit to be a king!
And therefore i agree with BeatrixFan, it is not amusing. And i understand why Clarence House gave up that statement.
Apparently Jeremy Paxman has never tried to boil an egg. If the kitchen is a significant distance away from the dining room, which it usually is in these big houses, there's no way you're going to get a perfectly boiled egg by the time it's had to be carried halfway round the house before it gets eaten.

Or maybe we'll start hearing how the chef has to stand right next to Charles with his little portable stove and his ultra-purified water and his finely graduated measuring stick and his laboratory-quality weighing machine and his pressure gauge and his humidity detector and his highly calibrated thermometer and his atomic clock in order to produce the perfect egg while Charles sits there fussing and fuming because the yolk is a tenth of a degree warmer than he wants it.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Or maybe we'll start hearing how the chef has to stand right next to Charles with his little portable stove and his ultra-purified water and his finely graduated measuring stick and his laboratory-quality weighing machine and his pressure gauge and his humidity detector and his highly calibrated thermometer and his atomic clock in order to produce the perfect egg while Charles sits there fussing and fuming because the yolk is a tenth of a degree warmer than he wants it.
Err - eggxactly.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Err - eggxactly.

I'm actually glad this chap came up with this egg story, so we can have a good chuckle at it! Like I care what prince Charles eats and how he does it...
Old 09-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Angry

Lazy journalism at it's best (or worst) is remarkably frequently on display when discussing the British royal family (or just about any other European royal family). The egg non-story (yawn-who cares, let's move on) has apparently been supplanted by the Wanton-Destruction-of-the-Queen-Mum's Rose-Bushes non-story. There are legitimate areas of concern for monarchy observers but somehow I don't see eggs and roses being one of them.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
are all journalists who report about royality absolute dimwits? Or is there any other reason why they never seem to get the facts straight, facts that anyone could research - those where you need no "insider knowledge but just common sense, an internet access or a phonebook in case you want to call an expert?
Don't be silly, that would involve them printing FACTS!
Old 09-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Don't be silly, that would involve them printing FACTS!
You got me - I confess, I was silly....

But I always wanted to use the English expression "dimwit", it's so much more fun in the way it sounds than our German "Geistig Minderbemittelter" - come to think about it "Minderbemittelter" is such a nice euphemism for "poor" - meaning one who lack means as in money... But could be translated into "mentally mean... ing-less", okay that's amusing, too....
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

This is the guy who gives the NY Daily New all its royal news!

Scratch that off my list of newspapers to read for royal reporting!
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Jo, the rose is beautiful, very similar to the 'Peace' roses I have.

CHARLES TO BEAT BURRELL IN BATTLE OF THE BOOKS

British royal PRINCE CHARLES is going head-to-head with former royal butler-turned-writer PAUL BURRELL.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...0books_1009266
Old 09-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

So, the cookbook writer PoW is the same PoW who demanded the staff boil a variety of eggs so he could find the perfect one?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I also for some reason can't picture Camilla shopping at Tescos.
It was "back in the day" when she was just Mrs. Parker Bowles, Diana's nemesis "The Rottweiler", and Diana had just emerged as Andrew Morton's tragic heroine.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
So, the cookbook writer PoW is the same PoW who demanded the staff boil a variety of eggs so he could find the perfect one?
If you read any of the articles from CH, you will find that Charles made and makes no such demand. Like a most of the articles written about Charles and Camilla in the past and even now, it was all made up.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
It was "back in the day" when she was just Mrs. Parker Bowles, Diana's nemesis "The Rottweiler", and Diana had just emerged as Andrew Morton's tragic heroine.
Oh dear, here we go again, but, no it's not really worth spending too much time commenting on.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Oh dear, here we go again, but, no it's not really worth spending too much time commenting on.
Erm, Skydragon, I think you might have missed the at the end of Iowabelle's post.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Erm, Skydragon, I think you might have missed the at the end of Iowabelle's post.
There isn't one on the post I was replying to (94)!
Old 09-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sorry, I meant post 93. I think post 94 was just a clarification in response to a question and wasn't intended to start another discussion or anything.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, I was NOT being serious and trying to start anything. It's all in the realm of ancient history now, I think.

And I was thinking, IF Charles really wanted 7 eggs to find the "perfect" one, why not take the rest back and make potato salad or something yummy. I doubt he would have the patience to decapitate 7 eggs. Smiley face.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
I just try to imagine: Charles in the kitchen as a chef....
Actually, I think Charles probably does spend some time in the kitchen as a 'chef' with Cam with him fixing up some lunch for the both of them. Perhaps a bbq with just the two of them or their respective children. I mean Prince Philip played the part of chef and from what I have read about the family, whenever they are at Balmoral, they do a lot of their cooking themselves. Anyone hear of anything different?

Finally, I haven't visited this current events for awhile and the next thing I know that another writer has eggs on his face!
Old 09-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Courtier

Prince backs heritage scheme
http://www.leisureopportunities.co.u...m?codeID=17324

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales