The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Prince Charles' aides dip into boiled egg story

(Reuters) - In an unusual move, aides to Prince Charles denied a report on Saturday that the heir-to-the-throne's staff have to cook him seven boiled eggs to allow him to choose one with the perfect consistency.
So much for boiled eggs

Old 09-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really hope that story is not true because otherwise, that just *screams* primadonna.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I really hope that story is not true because otherwise, that just *screams* primadonna.
It falls in the same cathegory as tale about Camilla being pelted with bread rolls in the local supermarket
Old 09-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnesK
It falls in the same cathegory as tale about Camilla being pelted with bread rolls in the local supermarket

I can't imagine grown adults throwing bread at someone in a supermarket.

I also for some reason can't picture Camilla shopping at Tescos.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Print such a nonsense story, which also turns to be false!
Quick, someone, give the tabloids some material to work with!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I also for some reason can't picture Camilla shopping at Tescos.
So-called pelting was said to be at Sainsbury But to be serious I can imagine Camilla at Tesco but image of Charles examining a row of seven boiled eggs - that's too much for me
Old 09-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnesK
So-called pelting was said to be at Sainsbury But to be serious I can imagine Camilla at Tesco but image of Charles examining a row of seven boiled eggs - that's too much for me
For me either, especially as it doesn't sound as if he kicked his cook out of his service afterwards due to his unprofessionalism. Any cook worth his salt is able to cook eggs perfectly. And even if he isn't, there are these little machines on the market who do it for him...

Okay, if a new cook was employed, I guess it's as good as any method to determine how the perfect egg for his employer looks like (didn't the last cook leave the service of the prince not so long ago on selling his secrets?) and from then on he/she knows how to do it. So, well, on thinking about it I guess it could have happened once if the eggs were important enough for the prince's happiness , but after going through that procedure once any cook worth of this job description is able to produce the perfect egg.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Royal Highness

Every week you can read new rubbish things from someone who only wants to make money with a book about Charles&Camilla.
But i also know that there are people who believe stories about Charles` seven boiled eggs and other gossip in these books.....sad but true.....and these poeple are the same, who say that Charles will be not a good king....

Anyhow...i will eat next sunday seven breakfast eggs...and i hope that Charles, you and me, we all are speaking to flowers and tomatos, and, of course, to animals too.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Let us join in pity at Charles' long suffering cooks. The unfairness of having to put eight eggs in a pot all at once and take them out at different times to get the right consistency. How terribly cruel of Charles to put his cooks under so much stress after all the work they have to do, after all they have to cook breakfast for Camilla too. Poor overworked cooks. I wonder if they can sue him if they get carpal tunnel egg syndrome. Where's his compassion for the little people? (sigh) These royals!

Meanwhile any young mother of young children has had to do more than that to get fussy children to eat and she doesn't get paid for it.

Somehow my sympathy is lacking here. Does that make me a bad person?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-23-2006, 05:14 PM

And the fact that there's no proof for this and Clarence House have said it's rubbish doesn't matter?
Old 09-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
And the fact that there's no proof for this and Clarence House have said it's rubbish doesn't matter?
The point is that we don't know what the "friend of the prince" told exactly and what exactly Clarence House denied.

I mean, it is quite beyond my comprehension how someone could "invent" such a story. An invention needs effort, a reason to do it and a result of the action. I don't see the reason there. As for the result,I'm not sure what this could be apart from selling the book. But even that.... Who buys a book with such childish and somehow uninteresting stories in it?

I'm not much interested in the way Charles eats (or doesn't eat) his eggs. I certainly can't imagine Camilla sitting opposite the prince at breakfast watching in fascination how morning after morning (or hunt after hunt) 6 eggs go down the drain... Or do they eat egg salad the next day (each next day!), made from the spurned and disdained eggs? Or are these made into decorations for the sandwiches for the afternoon tea? Maybe even presented to the queen if she shows up for a nice cuppa? I'm appalled at the ideas this inspiring new Royality-writer induces - even provokes! - in my normally so sensible mind.

If this is the stuff this new book contains, I gladly recur to the book by the butler - he at least did not go into too much details about the prince's eccentricities. Which I like and enjoy, BTW. Some writer would have a field day if they knew about my own eccentricities - on knowing them, they would not need to invest in their own effort to "invent" stories, they could just attribute them to the prince and sell effortlessly, well, a series of six articles to the Guardian, Mail or to the Jamie Oliver fanzine.

LOL! This story really made my day...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:02 PM

What's happened is that they've plied some moron with booze, he's made up a few tales and Jeremy (I'm a raging leftie Republican) Paxman is flogging them in a book. Clarence House has said that there is absolutely no truth in these claims that Charles is extravagant and fussy. And if he is, he's entitled to be. So what if his cook has to boil 8 eggs - that's what he's paid for. This is just ridiculous and it just gives fuel to the anti-Charles brigade who you throw this about as fact. I'm afraid I don't see the funny side.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What's happened is that they've plied some moron with booze, he's made up a few tales and Jeremy (I'm a raging leftie Republican) Paxman is flogging them in a book. Clarence House has said that there is absolutely no truth in these claims that Charles is extravagant and fussy. And if he is, he's entitled to be. So what if his cook has to boil 8 eggs - that's what he's paid for. This is just ridiculous and it just gives fuel to the anti-Charles brigade who you throw this about as fact. I'm afraid I don't see the funny side.
The Royals have survived so many books and so many claims that were far worse then that. Claims coming from people much closer to the RF, people much more believable. It's ridiculous, you're right about that but it will only give fuel to people who won't support Charles anyway while I believe that such an incredibly stupid story may make some people think about what they believe about Charles or even let them sway in their antipathies.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Courtier

I heard this story before in Wendy's "Housekeeper's diary". If I am not wrong, she did mention that the cook had to cook several eggs for Prince Charles because noone can ensure the egg would reach his standard. Prince Charles is very picky in the way he lives and the way he eats which are quite true. He is just born to be the kind of person who has very high demands of the quality of his life. Just his position helps spoiling him. 7 eggs? No. But 3-4 eggs, probably yes. I will have a look at the Wendy's book and find the paragraph and compare it with 7 egg tale.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
So what if his cook has to boil 8 eggs -
Now we are talking about 8 eggs. I thought there were 7 at first Next week we'll get undoubtly to 55 ?
Old 09-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
The Royals have survived so many books and so many claims that were far worse then that.

And truths. If Camillagate didn't destroy Charles, I doubt the boiled egg story will.

And I, too, talk to animals. Indeed I am rather suspicious of people who do not.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Commoner

Sounds like another slow day in the tabloid offices....

What's irritating is the news sites (or rather, royal gossip sites pretending to be news sites) that pick up this story and turn it around, so that Charles and his press office are now the bad guys for denying such a stupid story when they apparently didn't speak out about people making up stories against his former wife.

Honestly, the man can't win.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
I'm not much interested in the way Charles eats (or doesn't eat) his eggs. I certainly can't imagine Camilla sitting opposite the prince at breakfast watching in fascination how morning after morning (or hunt after hunt) 6 eggs go down the drain...
I have to confess to being slightly puzzled by the source. Hunting as we all know was banned, Camilla and Charles gave up before it was banned (the exact year escapes me - very late night ) So what hunt is he talking about?

Perhaps it's an egg hunt?
Old 09-24-2006, 07:19 AM
Courtier

Paxman in hot water over the saga of Charles and his seven boiled eggs
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
Old 09-24-2006, 07:24 AM
Royal Highness

The ´egg- story´ is really too stupid to talk seriously about it....nobody can believe it....eight eggs....ridiculous!
But the serious part of this story is, that someone wants to paint a bad pic of Charles, someone wants to make us believe that the Prince is only extravagant, wasteful and a little crazy...not fit to be a king!
And therefore i agree with BeatrixFan, it is not amusing. And i understand why Clarence House gave up that statement.

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales