The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 05:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnesK
IMHO a very good summary of the voice mail scandal:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...tabloid110.xml
As you say, a good summary. Why should Charles pander to the media, they seem incapable of telling the absolute truth about anything. Even so called 'respected' channels like the BBC are guilty of jumping the gun or getting hold of the wrong end of the stick! The breaking news story where they give everyone the facts and then it has to be altered but, still differs wildly from Sky, ITV and all the other news sources. The newspaper headlines that with the absence of a vital word or the insertion of one gives a different slant on the true story! They make me !

Old 08-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles comes to Nepal heritage rescue

Kathmandu, Aug 18 (IANS) Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne, opened the doors of his residence wide to help out Nepal's exquisite yet endangered architectural heritage.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/060818/43/66rkv.html

Old 08-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Prince Charles comes to Nepal heritage rescue

Kathmandu, Aug 18 (IANS) Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne, opened the doors of his residence wide to help out Nepal's exquisite yet endangered architectural heritage.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/060818/43/66rkv.html

Paragraph #6 - very interesting that Prince Charles visited Nepal with his late wife in 2001. Proof reading seems to be a lost art!
Old 08-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Gentry

Do you think they mean 1991???
Old 08-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't know what they meant but I had a fit when I first read it. I mean they could check (if not know) a little and unknown fact like that!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles to unveil Bali memorial

The Prince of Wales is to unveil a permanent memorial in central London to the 202 victims of the Bali bombings.
The ceremony will take place on 12 October - four years after the attacks on the Indonesian island.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles to address conference

Prince Charles will be in Oxford next week for the annual conference of the Prayer Book Society (PBS).
The Prince of Wales is the patron of the PBS, and will be in the city for the start of the three-day conference on Friday.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Poetry prize for girl's homework

The Prince of Wales will join some of Britain's best known stars of stage and screen on Sunday night to remember the poet.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince's slap to Scottish salmon with Alaskan order for Highland smokery

THE Prince of Wales was yesterday accused of snubbing Scottish salmon after it was revealed he has ordered Alaskan fish to sell through his food company.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1338592006

Knowing what goes into Salmon on the fishfarms and seeing how they are kept, I don't blame him at all.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent

PETA Vows to Hound the Prince Until the Use of Bearskin Hats Is Ended

Prince Charles is in for a bear of a time: A PETA member dressed in a bear costume has vowed to follow Prince Charles to all his upcoming public engagements. Waving a sign reading, “Save My Skin”, PETA’s “bear” will greet Prince Charles on Tuesday during his visit to the Warwickshire County Cricket Ground. The “bear” will continue to be present at every upcoming royal engagement until Prince Charles convinces Queen Elizabeth II to switch to faux fur for the Buckingham Palace Guards’ ceremonial bearskin hats.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Now I love animals but seriously, does PETA not have anything better to do? They are more bloodthirsty than some of the hunters they stalk.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-16-2006, 05:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
PETA Vows to Hound the Prince Until the Use of Bearskin Hats Is Ended

Prince Charles is in for a bear of a time: A PETA member dressed in a bear costume has vowed to follow Prince Charles to all his upcoming public engagements. Waving a sign reading, “Save My Skin”, PETA’s “bear” will greet Prince Charles on Tuesday during his visit to the Warwickshire County Cricket Ground. The “bear” will continue to be present at every upcoming royal engagement until Prince Charles convinces Queen Elizabeth II to switch to faux fur for the Buckingham Palace Guards’ ceremonial bearskin hats.
I am sure the guardsmen will also give a hearty cheer when these ridiculous, heavy, hot and smelly hats are replaced!
Old 09-16-2006, 05:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charles tribute for Prayer Book

Prince Charles has praised the "power and majesty" of the Book of Common Prayer on the 450th anniversary of the martyrdom of its author Thomas Cranmer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5351250.stm

Trio of polo princes possible for 2007

Gov. Tim Kaine dropped a clue that Prince Charles will attend Anniversary Weekend at Jamestown next May.

http://www.vagazette.com/news/va-new...y?coll=va-news
Old 09-16-2006, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Charles tribute for Prayer Book

Prince Charles has praised the "power and majesty" of the Book of Common Prayer on the 450th anniversary of the martyrdom of its author Thomas Cranmer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5351250.stm
At our 2006 Diocesan Synod in the Diocese of Christchurch NZ it was noted by one Parish Representative that we could begin our morning services with the Book of Common Prayer and that the same power and majesty was repeated around the world for the following 24 hours. Pretty amazing.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charles takes a bite of Dracula country

THE Prince of Wales is buying a retreat in Transylvania, the region of Romania famous as the home of Count Dracula. The prince hopes to inject new life into a historic village listed as a world heritage site

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...361464,00.html
Old 09-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Courtier

http://www.daily-news.ro/article_det...darticle=29838
also daily-news confirms this info. Prince is negotiating the purchase of a farm.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles over-eggs the royal prerogative

THE list of the Prince of Wales’s idiosyncracies has grown longer. Alongside the squeezing of toothpaste on to his brush by footmen and the one-sided conversations with plants can be added his fussiness about boiled eggs.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...371689,00.html

New book reveals Charles's seven egg habit

With power comes the obligation to reach agonising decisions: completely runny, just set, soft-boiled or as hard-boiled as the rock of ages?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/monarchy/s...rc=rss&feed=11

http://www.guardian.co.uk/monarchy/s...src=rss&feed=1

I would think that by only writing memo's to Burrell (if indeed it was true), Charles shows he judged the man correctly.
As for the eggs, I'm fussy too and I talk to my animals, don't we all?
Old 09-23-2006, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince Charles over-eggs the royal prerogative

THE list of the Prince of Wales’s idiosyncracies has grown longer. Alongside the squeezing of toothpaste on to his brush by footmen and the one-sided conversations with plants can be added his fussiness about boiled eggs.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...371689,00.html

I would think that by only writing memo's to Burrell (if indeed it was true), Charles shows he judged the man correctly.

As for the eggs, I'm fussy too and I talk to my animals, don't we all?
This article has to be one of the most stupid, I have ever read: what does it matter how PoW prefers the eggs boiled?
I have my own preferences and like when eggs are prepared exactly as I like it. Apparanntely is called over-fussing now.

Skydragon, I am joining, anyone, who has an animal, is definitely talking to them. I talk to my horses and no one can change my mind that they understand me.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

Talking

Quote:
I talk to my animals, don't we all?

Of course we all do! My dog is even responding
Old 09-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles' aides dip into boiled egg story

(Reuters) - In an unusual move, aides to Prince Charles denied a report on Saturday that the heir-to-the-throne's staff have to cook him seven boiled eggs to allow him to choose one with the perfect consistency.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060923/...e_uk_charles_1

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales