The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just my opinion - but he needs to notice and learn his mum's facial expressions. She has this look that says "I'm in charge, and this may be too droll but I am sucking it up because I am tough as heck and I won't let them see me being less than THE QUEEN"

Do you know the look I mean? She doesn't look happy, but she does look like she is listening, though her thoughts may be a bit dark or skeptical. But she never shows that she is bored. He needs to learn that look.

We all do this in out jobs - slap on a face because it all goes better when we do. He needs to as well, IMHO.

Oh, definitely! My mom and dad often comment on how much Charles needs to learn this!

This is just my opinion - but he needs to notice and learn his mum's facial expressions. She has this look that says "I'm in charge, and this may be too droll but I am sucking it up because I am tough as heck and I won't let them see me being less than THE QUEEN"

Do you know the look I mean? She doesn't look happy, but she does look like she is listening, though her thoughts may be a bit dark or skeptical. But she never shows that she is bored. He needs to learn that look.

We all do this in out jobs - slap on a face because it all goes better when we do. He needs to as well, IMHO.

I totally know what you mean. I personally love the look that she seems to often get when people sing "God Save the Queen." It's very... "Damn right, I am the Queen and you will sing!"

No - don't know the look you mean. She often looks bored when listening to speeches and always has done so.
Absolutely true. I watched the State Opening of Parliament steaming live last night and whilst Charles looked pensive (which he often does during speeches) I didn't think he looked "bored" at any stage.

When it comes to photos we have to remember the shutter speed of cameras and that the picture we see was an expression that lasted a fraction of a second and, for the most part, The Queen is almost alway shown in a good light, the same cannot be said of Charles. It is like they go out of the way to show him in a poor light.

Prince Charles: Harry

Prince Charles has been at Watisham today, presenting medals to Harry's unit for their service in Afghanistan. What he has to say about the Air Corps, eir families and the insight into his relationship with Harry is worth reading.

It also mentions other info about BRF but that is just repeat info. The stuff about today's visit is new - which is why it's on this thread.

The DM on the POW at Wattisham today. There are nice photos and the piece is less snarky than usual.

Photos of the Prince show him to be very animated today. It must make a difference to know that these are Harry's comrades in arms. As much as the POW always looks engaged when visiting troops, I am sure this is a bit more meaningful for him.

'Harry shoved off knowing his ancient parents were here': Prince Charles jokes as soldier son misses out on service medal by flying to US for royal tour | Mail Online

The DM on the POW at Wattisham today. There are nice photos and the piece is less snarky than usual.

Photos of the Prince show him to be very animated today. It must make a difference to know that these are Harry's comrades in arms. As much as the POW always looks engaged when visiting troops, I am sure this is a bit more meaningful for him.

'Harry shoved off knowing his ancient parents were here': Prince Charles jokes as soldier son misses out on service medal by flying to US for royal tour | Mail Online

Wonderful photos!

Reading this article, I happened to look over at the other DM "news" and noticed that the King and Queen of Sweden are in NYC visiting Princess Madeleine and will be a few other places on the East Coast on official business, the Crown Prince and Princess of Norway have been in Texas and California this past week, and now Harry is in Washington D.C.

Are there any other royals that would like to come visit the USA? We'll treat you nice, promise.

Last edited:
HRH looks splendid in that robe! The blue and gold robes of TRCOM are so pretty! Love the smile in Pic 1, and Pic 4 where HRH is clapping, and be-bopping along!

I loved seeing just how engaged he was! I have a feeling music (and the arts in general) just happens to be one of his passions. I remember reading he played the cello when he was younger, so I'm sure it's a pleasure for him to go and see other young people take part in this he enjoyed when their age.

Last edited:
Watching Charles play the cello and having one of the strings break and hit Edward in the face is one of the scenes I remember very well from the film in 1969 'The Royal Family'.

The Prince of Wales attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, May 17:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Carry her away? I'm surprised she wasn't tackled.

@RoyalReporter: Prince Charles is going on a private trip to Armenia next week while Camilla is in Paris on her first solo overseas visit.

@RoyalReporter: Prince Charles will spend three days in the capital Yerevan, sampling the religious and cultural life of the world's oldest Christian state.

Last edited:

The Prince of Wales is in Armenia by now, starting the mentioned 3-day trip and has been pictured visiting the Mesrop Mashtots Institute of Ancient Manuscripts "Matenadaran" in the Armenian capital Yerevan today, May 28.*

Off topic - but that's the most alliteration I've seen in a post in quite a while, mmm? :lol:

:previous:

Poetic name-giving...;)

Today, May 29, the Prince of Wales met with Armenia's President Serzh Sargsyan and attended a concert in connection with the Yerevan My Love Charitable Foundation.

** tert.am: Armenia’s President meets Prince Charles (photos) **

** armenpress.am: Armenia's Presitdent hosted Prince Charles **

** panarmenian.net gallery: Meeting of RA President Serzh Sargsyan with Prince Charles **

** panarmenian.net gallery: Charles, Prince of Wales took part in the concert in honor of the donors ..**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom