The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Charles warns threatened countryside must be protected 'like an ancient cathedral' | Mail Online
The countryside must be protected as if it were an 'ancient' cathedral, Prince Charles said today
He warned rural Britain was threatened like never before by climate change, disease and 'insensitive development'.
In a speech at the Oxford Farming Conference, the Prince of Wales said the Western world had been on a 'consumer's holiday', using up valuable resources and assuming food will always be plentiful as if by magic.

Why ‘Grandad Charles’ will do more to save the planet

Why
The heir to the throne, thrilled that Prince William and Kate are expecting their first child, said: “I’ve gone on for years about the importance of thinking about the long term in relation to the environmental damage, climate change and everything else.”Charles, 64, then told ITV1’s This Morning presenters Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, in an interview to be shown on Monday: “I don’t want my future grandchild to say, ‘Why didn’t you do something’.

Telstra BigPond News and Weather
Prince Charles has spoken about how the prospect of becoming a grandfather is spurring his environmental beliefs, saying he does not want to 'hand on an increasingly dysfunctional world'.
Charles, an outspoken campaigner on environmental issues, told Britain's ITV he did not want the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's child, due to be born this year, to ask him why he had not done more to tackle issues such as climate change.

This is nice: The POW sent a letter and lovely gift to a Welsh Guard serviceman returning from Afghanistan.

https://twitter.com/harris79

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAQOXuLCEAIpN9N.jpg

The pic shows the the bottle of Highgrove Scotch Whiskey sent by the Prince. My screen resolution is not good enough to read the type in the letter. Maybe someone on the forums can make it out. Hope there are no state secrets or Guardsman Harris will regret the tweet (kidding).

Last edited:
I can't make out the letter but I think that's very thoughtful of The Prince of Wales to do that.

This is nice: The POW sent a letter and lovely gift to a Welsh Guard serviceman returning from Afghanistan.

https://twitter.com/harris79

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAQOXuLCEAIpN9N.jpg

The pic shows the the bottle of Highgrove Scotch Whiskey sent by the Prince. My screen resolution is not good enough to read the type in the letter. Maybe someone on the forums can make it out. Hope there are no state secrets or Guardsman Harris will regret the tweet (kidding).

What a thoughtful and kind gesture. His Highness certainly knows how to make others feel appreciated and needed.

I too think Charles has made more significant contributions to the world than most other royals.

I mean think about it. Losing your mother is huge right of passage in everyone's lives, add that job on top of it.

:previous:

What a nice story for a change. Bet that made the day of everyone in the pub. :D
One of the reasons I like Prince Charles so much - he is a good sport.

We mentioned on a variety of threads, most notably in recent days the Beatrice and Eugenie trip, about Prince Charles wanting a slim line monarchy. And I've asked where is the evidence.

I found the following today on the Royal Reporter Twitter account of Richard Palmer of the Express.

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
@jennyg2k The idea of Charles wanting a slimmer monarchy seems based on a 1990s briefing by one spin doctor trying to big him up at the time

2:18 AM - 22 Jan 13 · Details

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter@jennyg2k It may be true Charles wants a slimmed down monarchy but I know of nobody inside the Royal Household who is briefing that.

The evidence is rather thin IMO

Not sure if this is the right thread - mods please move if necessary.

The Prince of Wales has received Vietnamese General Secretary of the Communist Party Nguyen Phu Trong at Clarence House today, January 23, 2013. Trong arrived in London on January 22 for a two-day visit that marked 40 years of diplomatic relations between the UK and Vietnam.

** Pic **

Charles is keeping an eye on the construction work given he is the owner of the famous Oval Cricket Ground, or rather, the Duchy of Cornwall is.

He certainly seemed to enjoy himself. I'm sure he had a good night's sleep last night when a certain young man stepped back on British soil for the first time in over 5 months.

Here is new news - a taste test of Duchy Origianls products - and I think the Daily Mail did a far better job than the usual hatchet piece: Charles' scones and Stilton cost a King's ransom - so are they really worth it? We put them to the taste test | Mail Online

Oh man, that article made my mouth water. I wish Duchy Originals products were available in America, but I doubt they'd be able to up their distribution that much and maintain the same quality.

I'm so impressed with what Prince Charles pulled off there. So many people thought he was mad to even try, and it's just been an enormously successful venture that's done so much good.

He's a very under appreciated man.

Oh man, that article made my mouth water. I wish Duchy Originals products were available in America, but I doubt they'd be able to up their distribution that much and maintain the same quality.

I'm so impressed with what Prince Charles pulled off there. So many people thought he was mad to even try, and it's just been an enormously successful venture that's done so much good.

He's a very under appreciated man.

Just remember, Charles has people working for him that turn out these products. They deserve the credit for the excellent taste. He deserves the credit for giving them the freedom to excel. He seems a good boss at this end of his business.

The Prince of Wales attended an investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, January 25, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom