The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#Charles #Royal Prince of Wales will travel to flood-hit St Asaph on Monday to offer his support to victims & thank emergency services

Paul Harrison‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal One of #Charles' charities, Business in the Community (BITC), to form a Recovery Group to help recovery operation in St Asaph

I've read quite a few reports on this - all the people he saw really welcomed his support; he spoke in private with the family of the deceased woman but also he has asked one of his charities to go in an give practical help. This man is such good news.

The Prince of Wales has visited the Centre for Defence Medicine based at the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Birmingham, today, December 7, 2012 to meet members of the armed forces who are recovering from injuries sustained in the line of duty.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga/afp gallery **

** birminghammail.co.uk article and gallery: "I've never heard of chronic morning sickness" - Prince Charles talks..**

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Prince Charles, Prince Of Wales Visits Queen Elizabeth Hospital In Birmingham **

Last edited:

The Prince of Wales has visited the Centre for Defence Medicine based at the Queen Elizabeth hospital in Birmingham, today, December 7, 2012 to meet members of the armed forces who are recovering from injuries sustained in the line of duty.

** Pic 1 **** Pic 3 ** **

..**
Love these pics!:D:lol:

Very nice of The Prince of Wales to let everyone know that Catherine is doing okay now. Also very nice for him to ask about the illness.

I too like the pictures.

I like the pictures. I have read that people criticize Prince Charles, but I have always liked him, and I think he will be a good king.

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but I have a query. The PoW held an investiture today and, as usual, he wore a naval uniform. I've noticed that when the Princess Royal carries out an investiture, she too wears a naval uniform.

Does anyone know why?

Not really sure. I suppose in Charles's case it could be because he actually served in the RN. For Anne I believe her naval rank is the highest general service rank she holds, the others being honorary regimental colonel or honorary RAF base Commodores. Or it could be that the RN uniforms are simply the nicest of the forces uniforms:)

Not really sure. I suppose in Charles's case it could be because he actually served in the RN. For Anne I believe her naval rank is the highest general service rank she holds, the others being honorary regimental colonel or honorary RAF base Commodores. Or it could be that the RN uniforms are simply the nicest of the forces uniforms:)

Off topic, but I did bother to look re: Anne's uniforms . Actually, she wears her Blues and Grays uniform usually for Trooping the color. Here is a smattering of The Princess Royal as: Colonel of the Blues and Royals, in her role as Gold Stick in Waiting, Princess Anne The Princess Royal As Colonel Of The Blues
Rear Admiral Navy at the Jubilee Pageant http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/14...V/uurjnDD4ABhaNMrbDLa8ecQgLwXJw8zVu++qTPbpA==
Rear Admiral – at the Cenotaph http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/15...OCwxYkbHbm/zmMVLszW1ZH6u2I2k63+ysUqzKP5RfKA==
? I cant tell rank – but Navy dress with the Rear Admiral welcoming the Swedish Royal Family in 2005 http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/56...3xDgLgeONcRAzTeE3k1FuZrz2HVfibjKzWdF5TdYrpdI=

The Prince of Wales attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace yesterday, December 13.

Among the recipients have been film director Sally Potter and designer Sarah Burton who created the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** dailymail article **

Yesterday, December 14, the Prince of Wales has visited Tata Steel's steelworks and the birthplace of Dylan Thomas in West Glamorgan and he visited the University of Wales Trinity Saint David's Carmarthen Campus to attend a traditional Plygain service at the University Chapel, Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire.

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Prince of Wales in Swansea **

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin gallery: Prince of Wales in Swansea 2 **

** BBC: Prince Charles marks Port Talbot Tata £185m furnace work **

** thisissouthwales.co.uk: Prince Charles learns Swansea "etiquette" on tour of city market **

** walesonline.co.uk: Prince Charles visits Port Talbot steelworks, Swansea Market and Cwmdonkin Drive **

The Prince of Wales warns minister of 'Frankenstein food’ fears
When the Queen became the first monarch to attend the Cabinet in more than two centuries, she spoke only twice: to wish everyone a happy Christmas and to suggest, humorously, that the next Queen’s Speech should be on the shorter side. When the Prince of Wales met a Cabinet minister last week, he was, however, not prepared to avoid controversy. Mandrake hears that the heir to the throne raised his concerns about the Government’s changing policy on genetically modified crops during a private meeting with Owen Paterson, the Environment Secretary, at Clarence House, his London residence. “His Royal Highness wanted to find out more about the Government’s thinking on GM,” one of Prince Charles’s friend tells me. “He has very strong views on the issue.”
I'm all with the Prince on this; the long-term effects of GM foods need to be more carefully studied. Not to mention, the actual GM process itself may be hazardous. And perhaps most important, all GM products should be clearly marked as such.

Wonderful broadcast. H is obviously sincere in his respect and concern for all members of the forces, and his worry for his younger son. I think he spoke for many parents regarding the plea to write more often.

Prince Charles is very special.

A really thoughtful and nice message from the Prince of Wales. I think he echoed the sentiments of many British families both in regards to gratitude for the work the troops do, and about the state of worry the families of servicemen are constantly in.

I was also pleasantly surprised that the majority of comments (best rated ones anyone) at DM are highly positive for once.

Boris may be more liked than David Cameron but its impossible that he is more 'influential' than the Prime Minister.

:previous:

I don't think GQs list is based on political influence; in that respect, Boris can indeed hardly be more influential than Cameron, or Clegg and Miliband for that matter. In the same way, I doubt Wiggins can be considered more influential in the long term than, say, the Duke of Cambridge.

However, there is no doubt (for me, at least) that if we take 2012 alone and base it not just on political but also cultural influence, then the list is pretty accurate. In 2012, Boris' image was significantly better than Cameron's, he is certainly more liked and there were more memorable events connected with him.

Politically, Boris Johnson can be more influential that the PM. Politically he
is more successful, was seen as contributing to the success the Olympic games, works well with the City of London, and is a very engaging character. He is also seen as a potential leader of the UK so he has tremendous influence at present and can promote national agenda or not. David Cameron really wants his support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom