The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Charles met members of the "In the Footsteps of the Legends" South Pole expedition at Clarence House today. The expedition will be made up of servicemen wounded in Afghanistan from the Prince's Regiment, The Royal Dragoon Guards .

The Prince is Colonel-in-Chief of The Royal Dragoon Guards. Among the guests were injured dragoons L/Cpl Nick Webb, Cpl David Harmer and Capt Adam Crooksshank who will be taking part in the expedition.

- The Prince with the dragoons 1
- The Prince with the dragoons 2
- The Prince with the dragoons and other guests
- Prince Charles with Tarsen Dhaliwal, Malcolm Walker and Christo Wiese

Later in the evening, Prince Charles and Camilla will host a reception at St James's Palace State Apartments ahead of their tour to Papua New Guinea, Australia And New Zealand to mark The Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

The Prince of Wales during an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, 25 October 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

They're all doing the 'Mo-bot' in that picture, Daria. It's part of the double gold medal winning runner Mo Farah's trademark. He parts his hands on his head to simulate the letter 'M'. It's become a bit of a craze in the UK since the Olympics.

I saw a little bit of the Pride of Britain awards on TV earlier and I've decided I just can't watch programmes like that because I'm guaranteed to be in floods of tears inside about 10 minutes.

Oh, rock on, Your Highness! Love the pictures, and the fact that he's in his Saville Row suit, going to ride a motorcycle.

You said it! And I needed a laugh after the day I had...
I should say you needed a laugh!;)
Agree about the pics!

Charles looks older than (almost) 64. I remember when he turned 50, even though I was only 8 at the time.

I really hope he went and watched the solar eclipse on his day off. It's the kind of geeky/awe inspiring thing I would do and also I think he would do it. :flowers:

I would think so. I have never experienced one. Never have had one here. I was in Costa Rica a few years ago, Agee days after it occurred they are a big deal in the area where it occurs. If he was there, or close by, he would go. The visit could have been scheduled long ago knowing the eclipse would happen then. The Monarchy is by the will of God. Big association with religion of natives.

Yesterday, November 21, the Prince of Wales has been in Dorset. He toured Dorset County Hospital and opened the new Fortuneswell Ward, Dorchester, he met representatives of Tress for Dorset and planted an oak tree to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, Middle Farm, Poundbury and he opened the new Anaerobic Digester and Biomethane to Grid Plant at Rainbarrow Farm, as well as toured the site, Martinstown, Dorchester.

** itv.com: Prince Charles Visit **

** BBC: Prince Charles opens Dorset food-powered biogas plant **

I truly admire the awareness HRH raises on the enviornment. I really liked his movie Harmony.

Interesting article on the P0W.

I think the comment about running out of time is natural for anyone who's in their 60's. He's a few years older than me and I feel the same.

Prince Charles: 'I’m running out of time' - Telegraph

This was a great read. The commentary is right on. Now he can have his projects, but when he becomes king, all but the charities should become concealed. Interesting.

This implies he fears not having time to reign. "I shall have snuffed it if I’m not careful."

It is not the optimal POV with which one can face life - but then, I have my own bugaboos as well. I just hope he stays happy, which he appears to be, these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom