The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow :eek:. That's a lot of money for one stale piece of toast. It never fails to amaze me what people will pay for some strange things.

that;s one piece... imagine what a whole loaf of stale toast would cost!!! talk about inflation :bang:

Prince Charles received the President of Ghana, Professor John Evans Atta Mills, at Clarence House today.
- Picture

His Highness has some priceless facial expressions :D.

On July 30 the Prince of Wales was in Caithness. He visited Sibster Farm, the offices of the North Highland Initiative as well as Wick Harbour and he opened The Backies, Castletown.

** Pic ** paisleydailyexpress.co.uk: Charles meets Tornado lifeboat crew **

** dailyrecord.co.uk: Paying respect: View photos of Prince Charles meeting brave lifeboat crews..**

I know he was paying respect, but he looks so good in that kilt (as always). I have read that Will and Harry don't wear kilts, but have they commented on the issue recently? Does anyone have any idea why they don't? Other threads might have an answer (will check). Also, it seems to me The PoW is looking better than ever in his outfits lately.

I know he was paying respect, but he looks so good in that kilt (as always). I have read that Will and Harry don't wear kilts, but have they commented on the issue recently? Does anyone have any idea why they don't? Other threads might have an answer (will check). Also, it seems to me The PoW is looking better than ever in his outfits lately.

Probably because they feel they would look silly in kilts. Like most young men I would imagine, they don't appear to fancy going out in public in skirts. I'll bet they'd get a bit of ribbing from their mates if they wore them. The modern kilt is essentially an invention of the English anyway, so the mystique around it in Scotland is quite ironic really.

I thought they all wore kilts at the Scottish Games, even the boys...I could of swore I'd seen a pic of them in kilts.

LaRae

I am sure I have seen pics of William in a kilt. Not sure about Harry.

The only pics I've found online are them as boys (under 6 I'd say)

Kilt in 20/20 ep. Royal Family

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Pictures from the above noted site. Thank you, Pranter. :flowers:

http://tinyurl.com/d8xronz

http://tinyurl.com/cd5rmke

(Answering the age-old question: what do they wear underneath?) ;)

As to the question as to why William and Harry do not engage in these family traditions - it simply is one more fact that leads one to believe that they do not have a connection to their royal destiny. Charles is the last of a tradition.

Well not all minor traditions need to be maintained. Even the Scots do not regularly go traipsing around the Highlands in kilts.

Tyger said:
Pictures from the above noted site. Thank you, Pranter. :flowers:

http://tinyurl.com/d8xronz

http://tinyurl.com/cd5rmke

(Answering the age-old question: what do they wear underneath?) ;)

As to the question as to why William and Harry do not engage in these family traditions - it simply is one more fact that leads one to believe that they do not have a connection to their royal destiny. Charles is the last of a tradition.

Or they just don't like to wear kilts.

It's not their age...and the monarchy is not the same as it was when Charles was coming up. They really don't have much need to be wearing kilts.

Myself I don't care for it when someone does something 'fake'.

LaRae

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but as a reminder to those in the U.S. PBS stations are airing Prince Charles' Royal Memories: Tribute to the Queen this weekend. I think most stations are airing it tomorrow at 8:00 p.m., but check local listings.

US Royal Watcher said:
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this but as a reminder to those in the U.S. PBS stations are airing Prince Charles' Royal Memories: Tribute to the Queen this weekend. I think most stations are airing it tomorrow at 8:00 p.m., but check local listings.

Wow, thanks! Just in time ... I would have missed it if ot for you! :)

Excellent program with Prince Charles as narrative host. Precious royal family film footage I had not seen before giving so much insight and dimension into the Queen. A wonderful hour. Thank you so much for posting that it would be airing else I would have missed it.

Very interesting footage - especially of Charles and Anne playing with their parents. Loved the shaggy white pony w/ a very young Charles riding it. Oh, and the sparkle from the tiaras and jewels in the gathering for the photo of the assembled family in Buckingham palace after the coronation - wow.
Is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble understanding Charles at times - it's like he's talking w/ marbles in his mouth, and I was quite interested in what he had to say.

It was a very interesting view of both the Queen and Prince Philip. I am always struck by how beautiful the Queen was as a young woman. She is lovely now, but she was, as my son would say, a "babe" in her youth.

It felt a little strange to hear Prince Charles refer to the Queen as "my mama." Maybe it felt forced to me. I think Prince Charles is naturally more formal and reserved in public. Sometimes Prince Charles tends to mumble a bit but I had no trouble understanding him when I turned the volume up. Like many aristocratic people, he tends to speak from the back of his throat. He has a great speaking voice though and I love his accent.

What a wonderful program. I actually got to see the Prince laugh and I mean really laugh! What a great tribute to his mom. I got a little teary eyed a few times as he was going through his memories of what seemed a loving and normal childhood. His facial expressions were so touching. What a warm and genuine man he is. I would sure love to be able to sit and have a heart to heart with him. :)

What a wonderful program. I actually got to see the Prince laugh and I mean really laugh! What a great tribute to his mom. I got a little teary eyed a few times as he was going through his memories of what seemed a loving and normal childhood. His facial expressions were so touching. What a warm and genuine man he is. I would sure love to be able to sit and have a heart to heart with him. :)

I haven't had the opportunity to catch it on TV yet and really would like to after hearing all the comments that have been made about it. It seems like Charles has really let a lot of his personal feelings come through in this documentary. I think that as he ages and is so happy and secure in his own relationships, he's gradually letting the inner Charles be seen more and more in his smiles and antics in pictures and with talking with the media. Such a good thing that is.

Adding this hours later:

I was able to catch it tonight on PBS here and it was simply a poignant and intimate look into their family lives. It really surprised me to hear Charles call the Queen "mama" as I kind of pictured him using "mum" or "mummy" in private and really expected him to use "mother" for a major documentary like this. Charles really did give us that feeling that we were looking into any family's home videos and pictures. Another thing I noticed is that Charles would do well with us in the tiara and jewelry threads here. He certainly seems to know his stuff.

One last thing that caught my attention was the footage of the then Princess Elizabeth riding horseback behind King George VI's carriage for Trooping the Color. I did a double take as at first I thought it was Anne... they look so much alike!

Last edited:
The Prince of Wales has been in Shropshire today, September 17, 2012.

He visited Ludlow, toured St Laurence's Church and officially began the work to create the town's Jubilee Garden. As founder of In Kind Direct he visited the charity's warehouse and met volunteers, supporters and beneficiaries at Unit E, Stafford Park, Telford, Shropshire.

** Pic **

** PA: Charles enjoys tipple on walkabout **

** shropshirestar.com: Prince Charles in Shropshire visit **

** BBC: Prince of Wales visits Ironbridge Gorge in Shropshire **

** itv.com (video): Prince Charles laughs at gaffer tape gaffe **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom