The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Striving for a batter future: Prince Charles' heartfelt plea to safeguard ocean life to save fish and chips
Prince Charles issued a heart-felt plea today to save the country’s national dish, fish and chips. The heir to the throne warned that unless the oceans’ fish stocks are managed more sustainably, we could lose the iconic meal from our menus altogether. Surprisingly, the prince also revealed that he is rather partial himself to a nice bit of battered cod - or something more ‘sustainable’.

Prince Charles visited the North West Youth Project today in Kilmarnock, Scotland.
While there, the Duke of Rothesay tried his hand at archery, watched by archery coach Jim McPike. By all accounts, he did pretty well. :)

- Prince Charles preparing for the shot
- Prince Charles carefully taking aim
- Meeting some of the well-wishers

Gallery from Daylife
Gallery from Getty
Charles with a cross-bow- gotta love it!:lol:
@ Daria- You know who this makes me think of!:D Charles did him proud don't you think?:lol:

My mate Charles: HRH breaks with royal protocol to pose for picture with unemployed father-of-two
An unemployed father-of-two defied Royal protocol to ‘hug a Highness’ today when Prince Charles paid a visit to a council estate in Scotland. Tony Craig, 19, was pictured with a beaming smile giving the thumbs up as he wrapped his arm around the heir to the throne on the Onthank estate in Kilmarnock. The photos capture a Royal security guard’s grasping hand trying to claw the teenager away from Prince Charles.

Charles with a cross-bow- gotta love it!:lol:
@ Daria- You know who this makes me think of!:D Charles did him proud don't you think?:lol:

Oh, I thought of Mr. Hardy and his love of crossbows (and you of course :flowers:) pretty much right away. Charles looks to be enjoying himself, which would probably give Mr. Hardy a good feeling, since this is one of his favorite things to talk about.

Personally, I think it's lovely that Prince Charles did this. He doesn't look entirely comfortable, but the gesture is very kind. I know that when I get to meet a person I admire and look up to (and then get a picture to boot), I feel a little bit special. That feeling can get one through some tough times, and nowadays so many people have it rough for one reason or another. Kudos to His Highness.

Oh, I thought of Mr. Hardy and his love of crossbows (and you of course :flowers:) pretty much right away. Charles looks to be enjoying himself, which would probably give Mr. Hardy a good feeling, since this is one of his favorite things to talk about.

And I bet Mr. Hardy would have found it very funny, and had one heck of a laugh too. We know what a great sense of humor he has....:D:lol:

And I bet Mr. Hardy would have found it very funny, and had one heck of a laugh too. We know what a great sense of humor he has....:D:lol:

Come to think of it, since both men have a wonderful sense of humor, I think they both would be laughing pretty hard about this. Oh, to be a fly on the wall during that conversation :D.

Come to think of it, since both men have a wonderful sense of humor, I think they both would be laughing pretty hard about this. Oh, to be a fly on the wall during that conversation :D.
My point exactly!:D I'd join you as a fly on the wall to hear that one!;):lol:
BTW, a little OT, but IMHO, Mr. H. has the better laugh- he has the best laugh on the entire planet!

Last edited:
Personally, I think it's lovely that Prince Charles did this. He doesn't look entirely comfortable, but the gesture is very kind. I know that when I get to meet a person I admire and look up to (and then get a picture to boot), I feel a little bit special. That feeling can get one through some tough times, and nowadays so many people have it rough for one reason or another. Kudos to His Highness.

Does show though that security around the royal family is a joke. Imagine if this person had had a knife or a gun and Charles had been killed or injured while the person was giving him a hug. Would it have been so praiseworthy then?

Does show though that security around the royal family is a joke. Imagine if this person had had a knife or a gun and Charles had been killed or injured while the person was giving him a hug. Would it have been so praiseworthy then?

Perhaps, but the Queen herself has never wanted heavy security that would prevent her from meeting and greeting the people, pretty much believing that if someone wants to get her there isnt much that can be done about it. Wasn't it in Australia that some nutter managed to run up on stage while Charles was speaking and get rather close to him before security intervened. Charles appeared rather unshaken by the whole thing.
Security around the royal family is never going to be as heavy as around some presidents who are behind a virtual wall of security, untouchable and almost unseeable.

I can't remember where, but I remember reading once about someone asking Prince William's protection officer, "what would you if I reached out and grabbed William?" He apparently responded, "I would shoot you".

Obviously that didn't happen here, but from what I can see this estate in Kilmarnock is incredibly rough. The residents apparently have big problems with drug and alcohol addiction, anti-social behaviour, a lot of crime etc. I know its many difficulties are probably the reason Charles is there trying to help, but I wouldn't blame Charles if his heart slipped a beat as this guy reached for him.

After the Queen, Prince Charles is the one I admire the most. He was so way before his time, and he was ridiculed for talking about sustainable energy. He is a hard worker and forward thinking. He doesn't get the credit he deserves.

I think that 51% will improve even more, the more people see of Charles and Camilla.

Tat by Royal Appointment: Now Charles launches range of memorabilia to cash in on his mother's Jubilee celebrations
Prince Charles is cashing in on his mother’s Jubilee celebrations with a range of memorabilia. The future king is selling commemorative gifts - including a stuffed corgi - through his Highgrove website, all profits from which go to charity. The replica of the Queen’s favourite dog is selling for an eye-watering £60 but has the monarch’s blessing, according to palace insiders.
Could DM journalists explain how can Charles cash in selling the memorabilia, when all profits will go to charity? :bang:

On May 30, the Prince of Wales has met supporters, Trustees and Scholars at a reception for the Queen Elizabeth
Scholarship Trust, and viewed examples of the Scholars' craftsmanship at Clarence House in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Tat by Royal Appointment: Now Charles launches range of memorabilia to cash in on his mother's Jubilee celebrations

Could DM journalists explain how can Charles cash in selling the memorabilia, when all profits will go to charity? :bang:

Daily Mail journalists don't really care if their article's headline bears no resemblance to its actual content. Most people will only have looked at that headline, not actually read the article, and they'll have gone away with utterly the wrong impression of what Charles is doing here.

It's also unfair to call those souvenirs 'tat'; to me they're much more tasteful than the vast majority of souvenirs I've seen for sale.

Daily Mail journalists don't really care if their article's headline bears no resemblance to its actual content. Most people will only have looked at that headline, not actually read the article, and they'll have gone away with utterly the wrong impression of what Charles is doing here.

It's also unfair to call those souvenirs 'tat'; to me they're much more tasteful than the vast majority of souvenirs I've seen for sale.
Thankfully, I just had a look at the comments and most weren't fooled by the misleading headline.
As for the souvenirs, I agree they are quite tasteful and most importandly, they are also British made, which I believe sends the right message.

The Prince of Wales attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, London on May 31, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

.The Prince of Wales attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, London on May 31, 2012.

** Pic 1 **

Charles is such a snappy dresser - look at those shoes. :) There is something comforting about him. I'm glad he's there - handling things - as I'm sure he is, far more than any of the public realizes. Imagine his task - the delicate line he walks - as his parents age. Never an easy transition but for him it must be complex.

Terrific voice, too! Excellent communicator. What they call 'liquid tones', I think - chocolatety.

I just saw his Jubilee Tribute to the Queen - and I have to agree with others - its a wonderful insight into his likeability. More than ever i am of the opinion that he has to be a rousing good conversationalist. The man has insights and experience that are worth hearing about. I think those people in the UK who still harbor disrespect of Charles are foolish in the extreme. The UK is fortunate to have such a man prepared to take the throne imo.

Last edited:
A wonderful article, thank you Tabby. :flowers:
I have a feeling that should an opinion poll be arranged right now, Prince Charles' popularity surge will surprise many.

Despite not being interested in royals until fairly recently, I've always admired the Prince almost as much as the Queen; to me, he is a visionary and a man not behind times, but always ahead. How many of his ideas, once branded ridiculous, are now accepted, understood and popular?

The Prince of Wales has opened the National Sheep Association's "Scotsheep" event at the Morrisons Farm
at Dumfries House, Cumnock, Ayrshire on June 6, 2012.

** Pic **

Prince Charles on Private Visit to Transylvania
Prince Charles is relaxing in one of his favorite places, Transylvania, immediately after celebrating Queen Elizabeth II's Diamond Jubilee. Charles arrived for a private visit Wednesday in Targu Mures, a town in the heart of Transylvania, about 100 miles (160kilometers) south of where Bram Stoker's 1897 novel "Dracula" is set. Stoker based Dracula on Vlad the Impaler, whom Charles calls a distant relative.

The Prince of Wales has opened the National Sheep Association's "Scotsheep" event at the Morrisons Farm
at Dumfries House, Cumnock, Ayrshire on June 6, 2012.

** Pic **

Thank you for the picture. Charles reminds me of a very enthusiastic country vet in the shot, and I have no idea why.

I hope he will have an enjoyable and relaxing trip. I can only imagine how exhausted he must be after four days of being in the public eye.

Last edited:
OK, honestly, I think when I glanced at the picture the first time, I thought that perhaps someone posted a screen cap from 'All Creatures Great and Small' by accident. He looks very Siegfried-ish in it :D.
I did the exact same thing- did a double take, and thought it was a screen- cap of Siegfried. Wondered where the heck Robert Hardy( Siegfried on All Creatures Great and Small) was. If the show still aired, that pic would make a great billboard.:D
It looks just like the scene in Every Dog His Day, ( 3rd ep. Season 3) where Siegfried is cuddling a baby piglet, and the farmer goes, " Mr Farnon, you have a way with pigs. They look at you and see a kindred spirit."
Made me laugh because what animal doesn't Siegfried have a way with?
Who doesn't see him as a kindred spirit?:lol:;)
Sorry if this is going off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom