The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Prince of Wales met members of the Commonwealth Youth Orchestra and Choir at Lancaster House, London, 13 March 2012.
Seeing how much Prince Charles loves music, I'm sure the visit was most enjoyable. :)

An Ideal day out: Prince Charles in high spirits as he joins Myleene Klass for opening of Home Show

Prince Charles appeared in high spirits today as he attended the official opening of the Ideal Home Show today.Joined by Myleene Klass, Charles was all smiles as he posed with the presenter outside the Earl's Court event.Myleene, wearing a rainbow-hued dress, stood out next to Charles' sombre grey suit.
Prince Charles looks very smart in grey suit, but then he always does. Some really interesting pictures in the article:
- What precisely is Prince Charles looking at? :D
- Comfy, isn't it?
- But wait, it gets more comfortable
- And a little more...
- Time for a crown snack...
- Fancy seeing you here! (as a side note, the portrait doesn't look very lifelike, does it?)
- Hmm... William and Kate might need some of those quite soon! :whistling:

Last edited:

I love your captions :ROFLMAO:. Charles is definitely enjoying himself, even if that armchair is so disgustingly tacky :D. The nursery is absolutely beautiful. Won't mind having one like that for my kids (when I have them of course). Yeah, the portrait of Her Majesty really didn't look like Her Majesty. The face looked harsh, and I don't see Her Majesty's facial expressions as such.

I love your captions :ROFLMAO:. Charles is definitely enjoying himself, even if that armchair is so disgustingly tacky :D. The nursery is absolutely beautiful. Won't mind having one like that for my kids (when I have them of course). Yeah, the portrait of Her Majesty really didn't look like Her Majesty. The face looked harsh, and I don't see Her Majesty's facial expressions as such.
Re captions- same here!
Re tacky chair- I agree, but the facial expressions more than make up for it!:D;)

Re captions- same here!
Re tacky chair- I agree, but the facial expressions more than make up for it!:D;)

The expression in the last picture with the chair is probably my favorite. He was probably laughing out loud by that point :ROFLMAO:. I don't know how people can call this man 'boring' or assume that he has no sense of humor, because these pictures tell us just the opposite story. Charles knows how to enjoy a good joke, and see the humor in a tacky recliner that would have others cringe.

Revealed: How George Osborne asked Charles's permission for law change that made the Royal Family millions
Prince Charles was personally consulted by George Osborne about a controversial change to the law which has significantly boosted the Royal Family’s finances. Letters obtained by The Mail on Sunday under Freedom of Information laws show that the Chancellor ‘humbly’ sought the Prince’s permission to radically overhaul the way the Royal Family is funded.
They make it sound like Prince Charles actually had a say in the matter; it's just part of an old tradition that the Duke of Cornwall should be consulted on these issues. Why create a storm in a teacup? :ermm:

The Prince of Wales was in Cumbria today, April 3. He visited Dalemain Mansion to celebrate the 8th
international Dalemain Marmalade Festival and Awards, he visited Staveley Mill Yard Business Park and
attended a reception at Hawkeshead Brewery, he's been at Wigton to celebrate the 750th anniversary
of the town's Market Charter, as patron of The Prince's Countryside Fund he attended a reception at
Greystone House Farm and as Patron of the Wordsworth Trust he visited the Wordsworth Museum,
Grasmere.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** express.co.uk: THE PRINCE AND THE PINT **

Prince Charles Enjoys a Pint
Charles, Prince of Wales stops by Hawkshead Brewery in Staveley Mill Yard Business Park, where he pours himself a pint of Windermere Blonde Pale Ale.April 3, 2012

Prince Charles Enjoys a Pint - Pictures - Zimbio

Prince Charles Keeps Dry
Charles, Prince of Wales carries an umbrella as he tours Dove Cottage and views key pieces from the Wordsworth Trust collection in the Wordsworth Museum. April 3, 2012

Prince Charles Keeps Dry - Pictures - Zimbio

The Prince of Wales was in Cumbria today, April 3. He visited Dalemain Mansion to celebrate the 8th
international Dalemain Marmalade Festival and Awards, he visited Staveley Mill Yard Business Park and
attended a reception at Hawkeshead Brewery, he's been at Wigton to celebrate the 750th anniversary
of the town's Market Charter, as patron of The Prince's Countryside Fund he attended a reception at
Greystone House Farm and as Patron of the Wordsworth Trust he visited the Wordsworth Museum,
Grasmere.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** express.co.uk: THE PRINCE AND THE PINT **

Judging by these pictures, he's definitely happy to take part in the events.

:previous:

Thanks, Osipi :D

Here's another cute addition: As mentioned Charles also attended the 8th international Dalemain Marmalade Festival
and Awards and there he met with Paddington Bear. The last pic of that gallery also has something funny, just a if he
had discovered an absurd new marmalade creation..;)

** zimbio gallery: Prince Charles Meets Paddington Bear **

He was certainly enjoying every bit of it :D. And I've never seen so much jam! Probably had some interesting flavors too :lol:.

I worry about Charles. His hands seem so puffy lately. Does anyone know if he has arthritis or perhaps circulatory problems.

He has always had puffy fingers. He was born with them. I don't think they are any worse than usual.

The Prince of Wales has met Robert Redford, British and American film makers and environmentalists at a
reception for the premiere of "Harmony" at the first-ever Sundance London film and music festival at The
O2, London today, April 28, 2012.

The film "Harmony: A New Way Of Looking At Our World" made by Stuart Sender and Julie Bergman Sender
"tells the story of how, for more than three decades, Charles has worked with environmental activists,
government and business leaders, artists, architects and visionaries to address the global environmental
and economic crisis and seek a more sustainable, spiritual and harmonious relationship with the planet".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife gallery **

** PA: Charles to meet Redford at Sundance ** theharmonymovie.com - video! **

Yesterday, April 30, the Prince of Wales has met soldiers from the 1st Battalion in Salisbury Plain, Wiltshire,
who will be undertaking pre-deployment training for Afghanistan and Charles laid a wreath at the Memorial
Garden and attended a reception with the 1st Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles, Sir John Moore Barracks,
in Folkestone, Kent.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio gallery **

** PA: Prince Charles pays Gurkhas a visit **

** itv.com: Gurkha soldiers are honoured **

** kentonline.co.uk: Prince Charles visits Gurkha soldiers at Kent base **

** BBC video: Prince Charles visits Royal Gurkha Rifles **

I'm rather looking forward to that visit.
Family engagements are always nicest to see. :)

:previous: What a delightful engagement to look forward to.

Prince Charles, The Duke of Rothesay arrived at Waverly Station on May 8, 2012 in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Prince Charles 1
- Prince Charles 2

Gallery from Daylife
Gallery from Getty

The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay are carrying out various engagements on a visit to Scotland. Today, Prince Charles will visit Marine research vessel Scotia, deliver an address at the sixth World Fisheries Congress, and attend a reception at the Palace of Holyroodhouse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom