The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had seen him standing in for HM not too long ago and he was wearing a regular (lounge) suit. :)

I thought I had seen him standing in for HM not too long ago and he was wearing a regular (lounge) suit. :)
Could be so. Every time I have seen photos of him, at these occasions, however, he is in uniform.

Today, June 27, the Prince of Wales visited local businesses and community projects during in Aberdyfi, Gwynedd,
made a visit to the Centre for Alternative Technology, Machynlleth, Powys, and as President of the Cambrian
Mountain Initiative hosted a reception to launch the Cambrian Mountains Ambassadors Scheme at his Welsh home,
Llwynywermod, Myddfai, Llandovery, Dyfed.

** BBC: In pictures: Prince Charles visits Aberdyfi ** belga gallery **

Today, July 6, the Prince of Wales visited the Nightingale care home for older Jewish people
and opened the new Wohl Wing in London.

The new Wohl Wing is designed specifically to meet the needs of those with dementia.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** reuters/daylife gallery **

What an interesting photo and angle in pic 1... It certainly looks like a wonderful place for those in need. Bless them, and Prince Charles for visiting them.

Last edited:

Prince Charles unveilled a bust of Indian poet and philospher Rabindranath Tagore in London,
on July 7, 2011. Tagore (1861 to 1941), was an ambassador of Indian culture and the first
Asian person to be awarded with the Nobel prize. He is also well remembered for composing
the national anthems of both India and Bangladesh.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, July 8, the Prince of Wales has attended a pre-concert reception prior to the Sunflower Jam
Concert and the concert itself at the Royal Albert Hall in London. The Sunflower Jam is a charity seeking
to raise funds for the advancement of public health for the use of holistic medicine, treatment and therapy.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Yesterday, July 8, the Prince of Wales has attended a pre-concert reception prior to the Sunflower Jam
Concert and the concert itself at the Royal Albert Hall in London. The Sunflower Jam is a charity seeking
to raise funds for the advancement of public health for the use of holistic medicine, treatment and therapy.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **
I love it when the POW cracks up!:lol:;)

Oh so do I, Rose! He looks so genuine when he does it... LOL

Last edited:

and hosted a reception for members of Britain’s West African-origin community,
St. James’s Palace State Apartments, London.

** Pic**** **
I love this pic for 2 reasons.
1. POW is laughing.
2. Those fellows look spiffy in their uniforms.
@ Ice- I love the drum picture too.

Last edited:
He's been laughing alot lately. It is good to see him look so happy!

Judging by the pictures, Charles enjoyed playing that drum. He has been looking very much at ease in the last few photos.

The Prince of Wales - Statement by Clarence House in response to media reports about The Prince of Wales meeting Government Ministers

Statement by Clarence House in response to media reports about The Prince of Wales meeting Government Ministers

4th July 2011
Following a newspaper report about The Prince of Wales meeting Government Ministers, Clarence House pointed out that these meetings are routine and part of his duty as Heir to the Throne.
In preparing for his future role, it is essential that the Heir to the Throne understands the workings of Government, its departments and its senior members. This is why The Prince of Wales stays in touch with not just the Government at Westminster, but also the Government in Scotland and the Assemblies in Wales and Northern Ireland. Meetings are likely to be more frequent when there is a new Government.

The public are notified of all The Prince’s official meetings and engagements, including those with Government Ministers, via the Court Circular, which is available for any member of the public to see on the British Monarchy website.
Therefore these are not and have never been secret meetings and are a matter of public record.
In many cases The Prince meets Ministers at larger events like conferences and seminars.
The content of the meetings is kept private as is the longstanding convention. It is worth pointing out that the meetings are sometimes requested by Ministers as The Prince, in his unique role, each year undertakes many hundreds of engagements where he interacts with the public and hears their views on various matters and so he is well-placed to relay public opinion on a number of issues

Today, July 27, the Prince of Wales visited the Bunkers Hill organic pig farm, Norfolk.

** ** Pic 2 ** **
:lol: The pigs do not like getting their picture taken! Wow, those are BIG pigs! Bet it smelled good...:ermm:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom