The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That story is truely lovely, but the DM has still managed to, IMO, put a sarcastic spin on it.

But for once a lot of the comments are positive about these actions (of course there are the negative ones but many see the good in Charles that the DM would like to think doesn't exist.)

I think that it's about time for positive comments! Good for Charles for finally loosening up... :)

I found it heartwarming also that he did this. What amazes me even more is that he signed it Charley 2010. In a way he honored this family with breaking protocol but at the same time, he made it very very special as I would imagine NO one in the public has seen his signature as Charley. :)

ETA... After posting my last post and actually glancing over the autograph aforementioned, I wondered perhaps if the reporter got it wrong and the "Y" actually was a s with a flourish after it. So.. being me, I go looking and I found this... what Charles' handwriting says is in the works for him. :)

I know its trivial, but looking how he DOES usually sign his name and his handwriting, I'm convinced that he DID write Charley 2010.

Prince Charles

Last edited by a moderator:

The Prince of Wales today attended a reception for the 'Not Forgotten
Association', the armed forced veterans' charity, at the St. James's
Palace State Apartments in London and had a lot of fun with the guests :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

Charles is looking mighty dapper with Abbott and Costello in pic 2!

@ Iceflower- Love how even Santa gets a proper royal handshake!

@ udyusa- Quite dapper indeed! Also looks like he is having a good time...

That's true, roseroyal :) The reuters caption described it as "greeted by a man
in a Santa Claus suit", just to make sure it's not been the real one I guess..:D

Whoops!! You caught me, you devil you! Thanks for correcting me, Russo....

Whoops!! You caught me, you devil you! Thanks for correcting me, Russo....
Only because I have a buddy whos totally into Laurel and Hardy. I sent him a copy of the picture. Now he wants to know who those actors are.

I would be interested in knowing , as well. They certainly looked the part! :)

names of the actors are..

Graeme Hardy and Jeremy New-comb Smith

Thank you very much, roseroyal! And, Welcome to the RF. :)

You are welcome... my favorite actor is British, and is a celeb patron of the NFA so I wanted to know anyway Turned out it was not him but... Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited:
@ udyusa- plus it was nice to be able to help you out! Anytime I can I will..

It appears that he is enjoying himself here, as well! Thanks for the pics, Ice...

The Prince of Wales met with members of the Commando Helicopter Force in
the gardens of Clarence House, London, December 10 2010 as he presented
operational medals for service in Afghanistan to service personnel and later
hosted a reception inside Clarence House.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I love the look on Prince Charles' face in pic #2. The young man is certainly very tall and it appears that the prince almost needs a step stool to pin on his medal... lol

And I'm sure Prince Charles did not waste the opportunity for one of
his special jokes :D Would be nice to know what he has said..

I would have loved to be there! I would bet it would be priceless...

French tv has shown to day a video where we could see the car of Prince Charles and Camilla attacked by young people, have you seen that?

French tv has shown to day a video where we could see the car of Prince Charles and Camilla attacked by young people, have you seen that?

There's a discussion with many articles in the Charles and Camilla-Thread, it starts here :flowers:

The Prince of Wales met with members of the Commando Helicopter Force in
the gardens of Clarence House, London, December 10 2010 as he presented
operational medals for service in Afghanistan to service personnel and later
hosted a reception inside Clarence House.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Wonderful pictures!! Is it just me or does it really seem that no matter what the occasion or event, there is always a picture of Charles with a glint in his eye and a smile on his face? He seems to be one happy man for sure!

Indeed he does! I am loving him in the navy top-coat... it sure beats his old camel one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom