The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S

Thank you for the video, pictures and article . Charles was as interested in the insects as much as the kids were, and the kids seemed happy to be given the opportunity to do some science learning at Clarence House.

And what a nice gesture to his son (the cake) and the troops (whiskey). Says a great deal about Charles as a person.
Agreed.

What nice gestures from Charles to both William and the troops.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think this has been posted yet, but Prince Charles met with two towering world figures last week. Both the Dalai Lama and Aung San Suu Kyi are personal heroes of mine.

Aung San Suu Kyi visits Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall - National British Royal Family | Examiner.com
BBC News - Charles embraces Dalai Lama at informal talks

Old 06-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales toured the new Dorchester Sports Centre and met school children from Thomas Hardye School and
representatives from West Dorset District Council and Dorset County Council today, June 26. He also visited the Rainbarrow
Farm anaerobic digestor and met staff who work on the site.

Charles helped children from the school bury a time capsule in front of the Leisure Centre. HRHthen viewed an electric bus
which is now in operation on the no. 6 route between Dorchester town centre and Poundbury.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** photoshot/belga gallery **

** dorsetforyou.com: HRH The Prince of Wales visits new Dorchester Sports Centre **
Old 06-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Courtier

Video: London 2012 Olympics: Prince Charles christens Team GB sailing boat with beer - Telegraph
Old 06-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Majesty

Looks like His Highness had a great time.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Looks like His Highness had a great time.
He seems to always be having a good time these days.

I've noticed he really seems to be getting more enjoyment out of his public engagements now. Maybe being happier and settled in his private life is making him happier in his working life. It seems to be the case for many people so I can't see why the Prince would be any different.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:51 AM

Prince Charles at Wimbledon

I'm watching the tennis at Wimbledon & as I was walking out of the room they said Prince Charles had just arrived. I raced back in to see but missed it. Not sure if Camilla is with him or not, will have to wait until he gets to the royal box. But it got me thinking I don't ever remember Charles attending Wimbledon before, does anyone else know if he has or not?

Ok, so Camilla is there too although I still haven't seen her (aussie tv is showing a match on another court). Camilla arrived separately & had lunch with the members while Charles arrived after lunch. Apparently the last time Charles attended Wimbledon was in 1970.......
Old 06-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Courtier

Prince Charles - Australia's future King - also met some of the Australians competing at the London Olympics on his recent visit to Weymouth Australian sailors receive royal visit - Australian Sailing News - YACHTe.com.au
Old 06-28-2012, 01:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
He seems to always be having a good time these days.

I've noticed he really seems to be getting more enjoyment out of his public engagements now. Maybe being happier and settled in his private life is making him happier in his working life. It seems to be the case for many people so I can't see why the Prince would be any different.
I think you're absolutely right. His Highness is in a good place privately, and that shows when he's interacting with others.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales has been in West Yorkshire today, July 6, to visit local businesses affected by the floods in Hebden Bridge.

** Pic ** BBC: Prince Charles visits flood-hit firms in Hebden Bridge **

** telegraph.co.uk: Prince Charles visit to flood-hit village delayed by weather **
Old 07-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales has been the guest of honour at this year's East of England Show in Peterborough yesterday, July 6.

According to one of the captions he "arrived wearing wellington boots, suitable for the very wet and muddy conditions but
changed into shoes resulting in very muddy feet"

** zimbio/Bauer griffin gallery: Prince Charles Has Muddy Feet **

** itv.com: Prince Charles at East of England Show **

** peterboroughtoday.co.uk: Prince Charles wows crowds at East of England Show **

** cozycot gallery: Prince charles the prince of wales attends the 'east of england show' in peterborough **

Old 07-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

he "arrived wearing wellington boots, suitable for the very wet and muddy conditions but
Prince Charles never fails to make me smile
Old 07-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
According to one of the captions he "arrived wearing wellington boots, suitable for the very wet and muddy conditions but
What possessed him to change?
Old 07-08-2012, 02:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Prince Charles never fails to make me smile
Same here . He knows how to lighten the mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
What possessed him to change?
I thought the very same thing. When I saw him in his Wellington boots, I thought 'what a smart move...better to be a little less formal but with dry feet', but once I saw him in his no doubt expensive leather shoes, trudging through the mud, I wondered 'what possessed him to put those on?...don't think anyone would have stood on ceremony, since the weather was quite horrid'. But, you've gotta give it to the man; he wants to be as proper as possible, in any situation. That shows good upbringing and awareness of the fact that he represents himself, his family and his nation.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince Charles donation to Aberystwyth flood victims
Quote:
Prince Charles has made a donation to help victims of flooding in mid Wales last month, as many areas of Wales undergo another summer storm battering. The donation is ahead of his annual Welsh summer visit next week when the prince and the Duchess of Cornwall will meet some of those affected in June. Hundreds of homes and businesses were damaged following torrential rain and overflowing rivers around Aberystwyth.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Majesty

Royal Approval: Prince Charles employs Cheryl Cole's right-hand woman as one of his most senior members of staff | Mail Online
Quote:
At first glance, the outspoken Geordie singer and the future king don’t appear to have that much in common.
But Prince Charles is so taken with Girls Aloud star Cheryl Cole that he has employed her right-hand woman as one of his most senior advisors.
Former music industry executive Kristina Kyriacou, who is director of the singer’s new charity, the Cheryl Cole Foundation, has also just joined the royal household at Clarence House.
Ms. Cole's ensemble is smart.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince joins paras at memorial site
Quote:
The Prince of Wales has joined hundreds of current and former paratroopers at a ceremony to unveil a national memorial to those killed serving in the Parachute Regiment. Wearing ceremonial uniform in his role as Colonel-in-Chief of the regiment, Charles also dedicated a separate memorial to the work of Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) during a visit to the National Memorial Arboretum in Alrewas, Staffordshire. Opting not to use an umbrella despite persistent rain throughout the half-hour service, the Prince was said to be impressed with the striking bronze statue honouring those killed since the creation of the Airborne Forces in 1940.
Prince Charles unveils sculptures at Staffordshire Memorial Arboretum
Quote:
The Prince of Wales has unveiled two monuments at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire. Hundreds of veterans attended the ceremony at the Alrewas site that was set up in 2001. One memorial commemorates the work of the intelligence service GCHQ, while the second is dedicated to the soldiers of the Parachute Regiment. Prince Charles is colonel in chief of the regiment and royal patron of the intelligence agencies.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Pictured on their wedding day: The Tetra Pak heir and his doomed drug addict bride whose friend Prince Charles 'was like a father to her'
Quote:
As the fragile body of Eva Rausing was being examined this week, having apparently lain for several days in the drug-induced chaos of the couple’s £70 million Chelsea home, one person who mourned her almost as much as any members of her family was the Prince of Wales. For behind the tragedy of Eva Rausing lies an extraordinary story of friendship and loyalty that she and Prince Charles struck up.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Here's a gallery of pics of the mentioned event at the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire on July 13, 2012:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio gallery: Prince Charles At National Memorial Arboretum **
Old 07-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

A wonderful article by Prince Charles about the Armed Forces.

An article by HRH The Prince of Wales to launch The Sun newspaper Military Awards, or the Millies
Quote:
Once again, I find myself putting pen to paper to express my unending admiration for our Armed Forces. No matter what challenges they face, our servicemen and women are ready to give their all; and it seems to me that we are asking more and more of them.

Despite re-structuring and redundancies; despite danger, dust, heat and the most demanding of conditions, our troops soldier on with heads held high.
Their extraordinary resilience and humour are unique features of our Armed Forces.

Despite the most dreadful setbacks, possibly the worst being when infiltrators pretend to be Afghan policemen or soldiers and attack our troops, murdering them in cold blood, our troops somehow carry on with enormous fortitude to see the job through, often as a tribute to the memory of their fallen colleagues.
Full article here.

Closed Thread

Tags
charles, prince of wales