The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
If I had a choice between shooting and picking mushrooms, I'd choose the latter as well. The article brings back some nice childhood memories of summers spent in our country house (I use the terms loosely because in reality it was a summer shack with no indoor facilities, but hey, that's USSR country living for you). My mom and grandfather would go mushroom picking in the nearby woods and I'd go with them sometimes. My mother had a knack for finding a heck of a lot of mushrooms, which was appreciated in the kitchen.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
If I had a choice between shooting and picking mushrooms, I'd choose the latter as well. The article brings back some nice childhood memories of summers spent in our country house (I use the terms loosely because in reality it was a summer shack with no indoor facilities, but hey, that's USSR country living for you). My mom and grandfather would go mushroom picking in the nearby woods and I'd go with them sometimes. My mother had a knack for finding a heck of a lot of mushrooms, which was appreciated in the kitchen.
Always amazes me how you Russians can do that! My ex used to pick chantrelles off the mountain. We had morels in Eastern Oregon. Always a treat. And not long in season so I would imagine Prince Charles thought he could ALWAYs go grouse hunting but had a finite amount of time for the mushrooms.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps PoW no longer enjoys the noise of shooting. Mushroom picking is a good alternative.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales inspected soldiers of The Black Watch, the 3rd Battalion, The Royal Regiment
of Scotland at Fort George in Scotland, September 3, 2011. The Battalion is to start a six month
tour of duty in Afghanistan later this month.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

** bfbs.com: Prince Charles gives Black Watch soldiers a royal send-off **
Old 09-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales has attended the National Police Memorial Day Service at
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, Glasgow, September 25, 2011.

** BBC video: Police Memorial Day held in Glasgow **

** shropshirestar.com: Motherís pride for blast officer **
Old 10-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales has taken the salute as The Queen's Own Yeomanry celebrated their 40th anniversary
by exercising the Freedom of the City of Newcastle upon Tyne at the Monument to Charles Grey, afterwards
there was a church service and a reception, October 8, 2011.

** Pic ** PA: Prince takes salute from soldiers ** gallery **

** BBC: Prince Charles takes salute in Newcastle veterans parade **
Old 10-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Charles takes salute in Newcastle | Royal Insight
Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, London, October 26, 2011.

** Pic **
Old 10-29-2011, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I guess this goes here,
Prince Charles' battle to protect Dracula's home and his yearning for Transylvania | Mail Online
Old 10-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Those are nice memories, Daria, and I'd definitely choose mushroom picking over grouse hunting any day, too, as long as I knew how to identify the edible mushrooms! That seems unusual that Prince Charles chose to do that rather than hunting; seems like his interests are changing or perhaps his eyesight is getting less keen. I wonder if he cooks up his own mushrooms or hands them over to the cook. By the way, all he needed was a red cape and hood to accompany that huge basket!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Those are nice memories, Daria, and I'd definitely choose mushroom picking over grouse hunting any day, too, as long as I knew how to identify the edible mushrooms! That seems unusual that Prince Charles chose to do that rather than hunting; seems like his interests are changing or perhaps his eyesight is getting less keen. I wonder if he cooks up his own mushrooms or hands them over to the cook. By the way, all he needed was a red cape and hood to accompany that huge basket!

Identifying edible mushrooms is not easy. I remember always spotting the poisonous ones .

The image of His Highness is a red cape and hood is too funny . 'Little Red Riding Hood' will now make me laugh no matter what.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Charles' right to veto new laws: Ministers forced to seek his permission | Mail Online
Old 10-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Obviously the DM is not familiar with Duchy laws and is looking to make headlines.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Majesty

An article from The Telegraph which deals with the issue of ministers seeking the Prince's permission before approving bills. Apparently this is only when the bills could effect the Duchy of Cornwall and his interests there.

Ministers seek Prince of Wales's permission before approving Bills - Telegraph

Old 10-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Prince of Wales arrives in Kuwait,
The Prince of Wales arrives in #Kuwait @UKinKuwait
Old 10-31-2011, 05:33 PM
Gentry

I didn't know he was going. I though he was going to Africa with the Duchess of Cornwall. Any idea what is in the agenda or him in Kuwait?
Old 10-31-2011, 05:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

He attended the funeral of the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, which is why Catherine stood in for her father in law at an engagement last week. But neither Clarence House nor BP list any engagements for Charles.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:40 PM
Gentry

Silly me! I knew that!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales attended the annual Kuwait Projects Conference organised by MEED magazine, November 1st, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **
Old 11-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Gentry

Anyone knows news about his trip to Africa? Wasn't it suppose to start today? I'm totally confused...
I read somewhere that he and Camilla were going to Africa from 02/11 to 09/11? I might be wrong...

Tags
charles, prince of wales