The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are nice memories, Daria, and I'd definitely choose mushroom picking over grouse hunting any day, too, as long as I knew how to identify the edible mushrooms! That seems unusual that Prince Charles chose to do that rather than hunting; seems like his interests are changing or perhaps his eyesight is getting less keen. I wonder if he cooks up his own mushrooms or hands them over to the cook. By the way, all he needed was a red cape and hood to accompany that huge basket! :lol:

Identifying edible mushrooms is not easy. I remember always spotting the poisonous ones :lol:.

The image of His Highness is a red cape and hood is too funny :ROFLMAO:. 'Little Red Riding Hood' will now make me laugh no matter what.

Obviously the DM is not familiar with Duchy laws and is looking to make headlines.

I didn't know he was going. I though he was going to Africa with the Duchess of Cornwall. Any idea what is in the agenda or him in Kuwait?

He attended the funeral of the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, which is why Catherine stood in for her father in law at an engagement last week. But neither Clarence House nor BP list any engagements for Charles.

Anyone knows news about his trip to Africa? Wasn't it suppose to start today? I'm totally confused...
I read somewhere that he and Camilla were going to Africa from 02/11 to 09/11? I might be wrong...

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting but how did it come out that Prince Charles would become Romania's king. Don't quite understand that.

:previous:
To quote the article: "The idea of a foreign prince to rule Romania first emerged in 2006, from a reputed historian. According to diplomatic sources...the possibility is now being discussed in high European circles."

Yeah, sure.
A sackful of salt is required for this one, unless it was meant to be published on 1 April.

Undoubtedly there is a greater interest in Romania for the monarchy right now than let's say 4 or 5 years ago, but we have a royal family that could fulfill the role if needed.
Indeed Prince Charles is very passionate about Romania and Transilvania in particular, but he is the heir to the British not the Romanian throne. If it were the XIX century and Charles wouldn't be first in line to the throne, I could imagine that he had accepted the proposal to become Romania's king.(As did the sons of the Danish king in case of Greece and Norway).
But in the XXI century it is impossible(IMO).
Anyway thank you for the link Anastasia!

The Prince of Wales during an Investiture ceremony today, November 18:

** Pic **

The Prince of Wales has presented campaign medals to servicemen and women from
the 3rd Battalion Mercian Regiment at Sandringham House, November 30:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio gallery **

On December 1st, the Prince of Wales presented long service and good conduct awards
to Police Constables and Police Staff from the Norfolk Constabulary at Sandringham House
in Norfolk.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

The Prince of Wales has made a visit to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham today, December 6, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** PA: Charles visits injured soldiers **

The Prince of Wales has paid a morale-boosting pre-Christmas visit to a hospital unit which cares for severely injured troops flown back to Britain from Afghanistan. The private visit to the military-managed ward at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital saw the Prince meet with more than a dozen injured servicemen.

At the start of what was his sixth visit to troops at the hospital since the building opened in June last year, the Prince spent several minutes chatting with members of the public in the main reception area. Wing Commander Teresa Griffiths, the senior military nurse at the hospital, said the prince's presence in the run-up to Christmas would give a "massive" boost to soldiers being treated there. The officer said: "The prince is a huge supporter of the troops here. "He's incredibly human and spends a lot of time just sitting down talking with the patients and their families."

** BBC video: Prince Charles visits injured servicemen in Birmingham **

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice images of Charles with the soldiers. He does appear to be quite comedic, similar to that of his father and brother, Edward, but I am beginning to believe the brothers either swap suits or keep the same ones for years on end, haha!

:previous:A well tailored suit will A)wear well and B) never go out of style.:flowers:

Lovely to see the PoW with the soldiers, IMO PA could take a page from his brother's book and do some good there as well.

The Prince of Wales has spoken during a dinner at the Natural History Museum in London
on December 8 that was held to thank those who have assisted the Pakistan Recovery Fund.

In July 2010 the worst floods in living history hit Pakistan destroying 1.7 million homes and
affecting nearly 20 million people.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages/daylife **

Hi, iceflower! so long time! thanks so much for the photo of diana's holidays you send to me in 2006, I never forget that! and the happy I am for that!!!! all my love for you!

Great to see you back after quite a time, corazon! Enjoy your time at the forums! :flowers:

Today, December 9, the Prince of Wales presented operational medals to the servicemen and
women from Commando Helicopter Force for their service in Afghanistan at Clarence House
gardens and then hosted a reception at St. James’s Palace State Apartments.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Great to see you back after quite a time, corazon! Enjoy your time at the forums! :flowers:

thanks my friend! I have two babies in this time, so I was sooo busy. Now tey are most bigerso I have some free time.

There are resemblances, yes, you can't escape your genes..;)

Prince Charles has received Bahrain's King Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa at Clarence House in London, December 13, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On December 12, the Prince of Wales hosted a reception for and attended a performance
by the Australian Chamber Orchestra at St. James' Palace State Apartments, London.

I would have loved to hear that as well!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom