The Prince of Wales Current Events 11: November 2009-March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: The pigs do not like getting their picture taken! Wow, those are BIG pigs! Bet it smelled good...:ermm:;)

Pigs are clean animals that normally don't smell. It's the way they are kept at many farms that is so dirty. But not the animals themselves.

Piggies have to wallow, as they don't have the capacity to sweat. For this reason, they appear dirty.

I know pigs themselves are clean animals, and they do not smell! But on a hot day, with the school bus windows open, their pigsty, and uh, their droppings smell a little ripe...

Charles is ever growing in my estimation.

Here in East Lothian (east of Edinburgh) there is a similar free range pig farm (Gloucester Old Spot pigs). It's very messy, but the pigs have a whale of a time! The bacon also tastes totally different from "packaged" pork.

Renata4711 said:
Charles is ever growing in my estimation.

Here in East Lothian (east of Edinburgh) there is a similar free range pig farm (Gloucester Old Spot pigs). It's very messy, but the pigs have a whale of a time! The bacon also tastes totally different from "packaged" pork.

Mine too actually. The more I learn about him, the more I admire him.

Here are some more pics of Prince Charles attending the Mey Highland Games
in Caithness, northern Scotland on Saturday, August 6, 2011.

** reuters/daylife gallery **

Here are some more pics of Prince Charles attending the Mey Highland Games
in Caithness, northern Scotland on Saturday, August 6, 2011.

** reuters/daylife gallery **
I love his smile and laugh in these pics. A few pics we could come up with interesting captions for!;)
He seems to be having a really good time.:flowers:

Saturday 3rd September 2011
HRH The Duke of Rothesay, Royal Colonel, The Black Watch, 3rd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland attends a Colours Parade and Families Day at Fort George, Inverness.

It is tradition, not law, that is supposed to keep Prince Charles from encouraging charities? Is he the main benefactor behind these charities or just one of many?

It is tradition, not law, that is supposed to keep Prince Charles from encouraging charities? Is he the main benefactor behind these charities or just one of many?

Prince Charles doesn't benefit financially from any of these charities. For example the projects supported in the North West of England (where I live) by the North West Development Board (now abolished by the Govt) were in support of govt policies to help poorly managed schools in poor areas by providing links to local businesses and mentors. He doesn't financially benefit from any of this. In any case all his sending of letters to the govt etc can all be seen as an extension of the monarch's right and duty under the British constitution to "advise and warn" the government. The Queen does this orally in her private regular meetings with the Prime Minister and other Govt ministers, Charles does it by letter.

These yellow chanterelle mushrooms are quite delicious. Hope the Balmoral kitchen staff applauded Charles for his efforts.

Last edited:

If I had a choice between shooting and picking mushrooms, I'd choose the latter as well. The article brings back some nice childhood memories of summers spent in our country house (I use the terms loosely because in reality it was a summer shack with no indoor facilities, but hey, that's USSR country living for you). My mom and grandfather would go mushroom picking in the nearby woods and I'd go with them sometimes. My mother had a knack for finding a heck of a lot of mushrooms, which was appreciated in the kitchen.

If I had a choice between shooting and picking mushrooms, I'd choose the latter as well. The article brings back some nice childhood memories of summers spent in our country house (I use the terms loosely because in reality it was a summer shack with no indoor facilities, but hey, that's USSR country living for you). My mom and grandfather would go mushroom picking in the nearby woods and I'd go with them sometimes. My mother had a knack for finding a heck of a lot of mushrooms, which was appreciated in the kitchen.
Always amazes me how you Russians can do that! My ex used to pick chantrelles off the mountain. We had morels in Eastern Oregon. Always a treat. And not long in season so I would imagine Prince Charles thought he could ALWAYs go grouse hunting but had a finite amount of time for the mushrooms.

Perhaps PoW no longer enjoys the noise of shooting. Mushroom picking is a good alternative.

Last edited:

The Prince of Wales attended an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, London, October 26, 2011.

** Pic **

Those are nice memories, Daria, and I'd definitely choose mushroom picking over grouse hunting any day, too, as long as I knew how to identify the edible mushrooms! That seems unusual that Prince Charles chose to do that rather than hunting; seems like his interests are changing or perhaps his eyesight is getting less keen. I wonder if he cooks up his own mushrooms or hands them over to the cook. By the way, all he needed was a red cape and hood to accompany that huge basket! :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom