The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 01:31 AM
Heir Apparent

@ Roslyn- I do not think it was any-one's fault... I bet C has had lots of practice attaching medals, the hook broke, simple as that. If anything blame the fluke pin . It happened, C was a gentleman, they giggled. Anyway let's move on.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Today Prince Charles had been expected to visit the Frankfurt Christmas Market and
to unveil the newly restored Edward VII statue in Centenary Square in Birmingham,
but the winter weather has upset the plans. The visit has been postponed as to the
snow, other participants weren't able to attend. Instead Charles visited injured service
personnel at the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth
Hospital together with Prime Minister David Cameron. So his journey was not for nothing

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** birminghammail.net: Prince Charles and David Cameron visit injured troops at Queen Elizabeth Hospital **

Old 12-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That's nice, that instead of a wasted trip he made the trip worthwhile.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Indeed he does! I am loving him in the navy top-coat... it sure beats his old camel one...
Since it was a Navy thing, he wouldn't have worn a khaki or camel coat. To me, he looks good in everything.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I will have to agree with you on that, Kitty!! :)
Old 12-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

The Prince of Wales during a visit with Prime Minister David Cameron to the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.
December 22, 2010

BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 12-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
@ Roslyn- I do not think it was any-one's fault... I bet C has had lots of practice attaching medals, the hook broke, simple as that. If anything blame the fluke pin . It happened, C was a gentleman, they giggled.
Ah! Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realise the hook broke.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Ah! Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realise the hook broke.
You are welcome!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:24 AM
Courtier

Prince Charles asked model Tasha de Vasconcelos for a 'private show' | Mail Online
didnt know where else to put this!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post

I wouldn't have bothered as I feel it is just so ridiculous - a rich man looks at a pretty woman and makes a comment - big deal. I am sure he wasn't the first or last - but just the most famous.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I wouldn't have bothered as I feel it is just so ridiculous - a rich man looks at a pretty woman and makes a comment - big deal. I am sure he wasn't the first or last - but just the most famous.
Fair point. I am also surprised that if it is true, she has certainly taken her time to reveal the story.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Courtier

yes i dont think its true, but i assumed this was sort of a database, so i thought we should put everything here:)
to be fair:

Prince Charles 'does not recall' Tasha de Vasconcelos who says he wanted private show | Mail Online

Prince Charles 'does not remember' ever meeting the supermodel who claims to have been propositioned by him, he has said.
Clarence House today took the unusual step of issuing a statement about the Prince's alleged flirtatious exchanges with Mozambique-born Tasha de Vasconcelos ten years ago. A spokesman for the Prince said today: 'No one here has any recollection of them ever meeting. There is no record of this person.'
A royal aide added: 'We have done further checks with as many people as possible since yesterday. We cannot say 100 per cent that they have never met, but it certainly looks that way.'
Old 01-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

The future King of Australia (possibly) has sent hopes and prayers to Qld.

Prince Charles sends hopes, prayers to Queensland - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

He has also made a contribution to the flood relief efforts - and remembered his time fondly here with the RN.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Charles, in solidarity with those affected by floods in Australia
Carlos de Inglaterra, solidario con los afectados por las inundaciones en Australia | Noticias hola.com

Google Google Translate
Old 01-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Courtier

Some time ago, a friend who had a private conversation with Prince Charles at a dinner in America, told me of how genuinely affectionately he felt towards Australia. It wasn't an act: he related all of the things which he liked about this country and laughed at some of our better known national 'eccentricities', including the rough and tumble he experienced when at school in Australia and the nick-names he was given!

He is a very decent and concerned good man, as we can see:

Old 01-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

I think we should all be dubious of this model's claims - after all she is trying to sell a book. She claims that the prince told her she reminded him of a former friend - Dale Tryon, who was a blonde, whereas Ms Vasconcelos is dark-brown in hair colouring!! She also claims that the prince's attentions made Camilla jealous. Yet in 1999 when they supposedly met at a polo match in Cheltenham Camilla was barely allowed to accompany Charles anywhere in public let alone to a polo match! I think she's just trying to hype what is otherwise a probably rather uninteresting book.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Administrator

All discussion regarding Charle's participation in Diana's funeral have been moved to Last Hours, Death, Transfer from France, Funeral and Interment .

Old 01-19-2011, 04:13 AM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=Polly;
He is a very decent and concerned good man, as we can see:

Much is being said about the recontruction.

I know that there is a wedding to go to: but, HRH's matured emotional intelligence and his eco-warrior and global warming guru credibilities and his top drawer connectivities would be most useful in chairing the new recontruction committee.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charles's closest adviser, 61, quits to earn a royal mint in the private sector | Mail Online

Charles losing his principal private secretary. It might take a year or so before Charles is able to replace him.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

A year or so? I wonder if .. ever.

Closed Thread

Tags
charles, prince of wales